Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I was wondering, did any of the housewives go to graduate school or have advanced degrees?
    Most of the professional women I know wouldn't have the time or the desire to have cameras follow them around neither would the wives of many of the professional men I know. What would make someone open themselves up to such scrutiny and to be portrayed the way they are. Looking at the preview of the RHoNY reunion, aren't they embarrassed?

FORT Fogey

I think that Ramona is the catalyst of all the drama, fights, commotion, etc. Luanne put it best when she described Jill's altercation with Ramona, "it's like she took a Ramona pill and it was just starting to take effect". And WTF did Jill agree with Ramona in putting away liquor company's signage? I would have been hurt, too, like Bethanny and rethink if Jill was a true friend. That is understandable with an open bar (better that Kelly's pay bar). Now that's declasse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tess;3441973;
    Yes you're right. Its was season 1 when they showed her getting the Botox in her face.
    I think you're mixing your housewives. It's the Cali ones who get Botoxed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustmeinMI;3442278;
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I was also able to recently catch a marathon. Half way through LuAnn's girls night out (with her nieces), I thought to myself - argh, I wish I had started counting the number of times Kelly said 'like'. Easily (like!) six or seven times. Again, I question the education from Columbia.
    Did she say Columbia or Colombia? No offense to the country but Columbia is Ivy League.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3439670;
    Neither did her BFF - accusing Ramona of cheaping out on the $5K donation was low. Low low low. What reason did she have to do that?
    You missed her point. She knew Ramona lies and caught Ramona lying. Ramona even admitted later that she didn't give her card.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3442299;
    I was wondering, did any of the housewives go to graduate school or have advanced degrees?
    Most of the professional women I know wouldn't have the time or the desire to have cameras follow them around neither would the wives of many of the professional men I know. What would make someone open themselves up to such scrutiny and to be portrayed the way they are.
    Shows like these either get the pretenders, or those hoping to get some sort of publicity for themselves or their projects. That's the problem I have with both the NY and Atlanta shows; the women who would give an accurate view inside of those worlds wouldn't be caught dead on them (but of course it doesn't stop them from watching it and snarking).

Ramona did get some facial procedures in Season 1. The rerun will show what she did and I'm sure it will be on Tuesday. I think her friend got Botox, but I honestly don't remember if Ramona did.
    She is a trouble-maker of the grandest and the fight between Jill and Bethenny was Ramona's doing. She has been trying to instigate problems all along. She had no reason to tell Bethenny that Jill is a friend because Bethenny is the underdog. Ramona has problems with being a true friend and then backs down and plays the victim. Also, anyone else get the underlying "crush" Simon is showing towards Ramona? He had to invite her to his party. Weird, weird, weird.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by JustmeinMI;3442278;
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I was also able to recently catch a marathon. Half way through LuAnn's girls night out (with her nieces), I thought to myself - argh, I wish I had started counting the number of times Kelly said 'like'. Easily (like!) six or seven times. Again, I question the education from Columbia.
    Well Kelly attended Columbia's School of General Studies. It's a separate college only for non-traditional and part-time students. While still a notable accomplishment, a degree from there is not as prestigious as a degree from Columbia University itself.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3442375;
    Ramona did get some facial procedures in Season 1. The rerun will show what she did and I'm sure it will be on Tuesday. I think her friend got Botox, but I honestly don't remember if Ramona did.
    She is a trouble-maker of the grandest and the fight between Jill and Bethenny was Ramona's doing. She has been trying to instigate problems all along. She had no reason to tell Bethenny that Jill is a friend because Bethenny is the underdog. Ramona has problems with being a true friend and then backs down and plays the victim. Also, anyone else get the underlying "crush" Simon is showing towards Ramona? He had to invite her to his party. Weird, weird, weird.
    She really is an instigator. I think Simon doesn't mind the squabbling - if Marona came and were nice, so be it, if they were nasty, well it's better to be hated and feted than ignored, and if they didn't come he could still get a line or two in.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3442315;
    I think you're mixing your housewives. It's the Cali ones who get Botoxed.

No I am not confused at all. She admits to in a interview in The New York Observer. Interview by Felix Gillette called Hot Housewives of Manahattan.

Quoted from The New York Observer interview.

Im not telling you my age, said Ms. Singer. But I know I look young for my age. Does my skin look good? I do a little Botox, I admit that. Why not? I want to look young for as long as I can naturally without surgery.

Closed Thread