Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I think Ramona and Jill were completely hypocritical and totally in the wrong for their behavior at the charity function. Bethanny rewarded the liquor company who donated 20 grand worth of booze by giving them some advertising. What possible benefit was there to remove it, other than to anger people who gave so generously. Jill and Ramona were freely promoted their businesses too yet can't stand someone else to do the same? Jill's ego really came out during that episode. It is so amazing and pretty disgusting how these women can turn any charity event (they have shown this over and over) into a petty "its all about meeeeee its my night" ego-fest, as well as a chance to dog one another shamelessly. Ugh on them! Its a sad sad day in Bravoland when Kelly is the only one NOT to make a jerk out of herself.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3438318;
    Kelly being upset at being overlooked ... I was reminding her that she didn't want to be included. (And she heard me, I just know it.)
    Kelly has the worst case of 'selective memory' that I have ever seen! She arrogantly informed the women at the committee meeting that she doesn't lend her name to anything - ever! And then she is upset that she is overlooked??????

She also actually seemed not to remember saying all of those horrible things she said to Bethanny at their meeting -- she truly seemed to think Bethanny was making it all up! Wonder how she'll rationalize all of it when she watches the episodes. . .

And the whole business of her not remembering having met Bethany a number of times before, not to mention flirting with Bethany's boyfriend. Please!!!! Does the word egomaniac (with the emphasis on maniac) ring a bell?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3439001;
    Kelly has the worst case of 'selective memory' that I have ever seen! She arrogantly informed the women at the committee meeting that she doesn't lend her name to anything - ever! And then she is upset that she is overlooked??????
    The thing is, Kelly came in with several highly-valued donations. Yeah, I know her ex hasn't come through with the photo, but that isn't Kelly's fault. Even Jill has come to Kelly's defense by saying that it isn't Kelly's fault.

Anyway, Kelly gave more than all the other wives. She just doesn't flaunt it the way Bethenny would do.

Kelly does need to start being on time out of respect for others and she needs to learn to articulate her thoughts and professional goals more clearly, but looking at the facts, Kelly isn't a trash-talker like Bethenny, she isn't a phony, like Alex, and she doesn't have a holier-than-thou attitude, like LuAnn (I LOVED that she was supportive of Simon's fashion decisions).

Who is better behaved than who (or is it 'whom'?) during the reunion!
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-06-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3438432;
    The thing about the timing couldn't be helped. It took Bethanny by surprise, of course she was going to find out what happened. I bet Jill would have flown into a rage had it been about Zarin Fabrics! Bethanny secured $20,000 dollars worth of liquor donations from Frangelico. She just found out about the missing sign-age and her immediate reaction was to find out what the issue was. Jill didn't even bother to hear her out, she could have explained it quickly and it simple terms. IMO, Jill was the one that made the big deal about it. Jill told Bethanny to leave after she not only worked hard to make the fundraiser a success but secured that huge donation. There was only one sign for Skinny Girl, Bethanny was not concerned about self-promotion, she was concerned about the donors. I give credit to Bethanny, she dropped it and listened to Ramona and Jill which is more than I would have done.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Being a "Team Jill" person I was disappointed in her for the way she treated Lady "B" as far as the logo was concerned. Miss "B" secured $20k in liquor for a charity event that cost $250 per person. Absolutely no could have drank that much in one night and there would have been plenty left over. Instead of being grateful Jill made it about herself. I don't blame Bethany at all for being upset or for her timing. She said to Jill "Just say you're sorry and it'll be forgotten." All jill had to say was sorry. "Lady B." was the bigger person hands down. Hoping their friendship doesn't suffer because of it.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3438675;
    I also have to question the whole story behind the signage and the sponsorship agreement. If the liquor distributor agreed via contract to provide the liquor in return for the signage, and it was taken down, then the chairty would be facing a SERIOUS bill for the liquor, based on the value that the distributor placed on the signage. Because it was taken down so non-chalantly, I'm willing to bet that it was put up for drama's sake, and not because of an official agreement.
    Bethenny seemed to be more upset that Jill was talking about her behind her back more than anything which is completely understandable. I think Bethenny had every right to say something to Jill whenever she felt like it. Jill would have/has done the exact same thing when she got into that fight with Mario at the Page Six party.

I would hope that if the liquor store had signed a contract to have signage in exchange for free liquor that would have been taken into consideration before they took it down (though who knows with Jill and Ramona).

Just the fact that they were generously donating $20,000 worth of liquor to the Charity should automatically give them signage...isn't that was Jill and Ramona were talking about at Jill's house? Someone donates $20k they deserve signage. Not only that but they were more pissed about Bethenny taking signage when Bethenny only had one picture up there. Frangelico had the rest and they pulled down all of Frangelico's signs. Makes no sense.

Any 30 Rock fans? The episode about Liz’s boyfriend living in a bubble is how Kelly lives. She gets special treatment because of what she looks like, who she was married to, etc., until she met Bethanny. Bethanny burst her bubble, and calls Kelly out for what she says and does. That’s why Kelly can’t communicate with her, she doesn’t understand what Bethanny is talking about because no one is that honest with her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3437121;
    Bethanny was really ticking me off by insisiting on discussing the whole logo issue during the party with everyone. But Jill and Ramona were completely right that it was TOTALLY the inappropriate time. And she pissed me off again when she then had to go talk to Jill to clear things up to "help her relax" before going on stage. It was too quick of a moment for Jill torealize Bethanny had such a sudden change of heart, and it was very self-centered on Bethanny's part.
    I can't imagine how irritating that was to the people running the stage to have this whirling dervish insisting on barging into their choreographed routine. WTF does she think she is? Was she terrified that her last chance at free publicity was ripped from her? Bethanny really didn't look too nice at that point.

Neither did her BFF - accusing Ramona of cheaping out on the $5K donation was low. Low low low. What reason did she have to do that?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3438318;

Silex still creeps me out. Just ewwww. And that thing he wore as an outfit ... <shudder>.
    I don't see what Alex did for the event except eat at Jill's and look superior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3439001;

She also actually seemed not to remember saying all of those horrible things she said to Bethanny at their meeting -- she truly seemed to think Bethanny was making it all up! Wonder how she'll rationalize all of it when she watches the episodes. . .

And the whole business of her not remembering having met Bethany a number of times before, not to mention flirting with Bethany's boyfriend. Please!!!! Does the word egomaniac (with the emphasis on maniac) ring a bell?
    What I thought was funny was that she first complained about B's behaviour at her house, then a mere second later expressed surprise that BETHENNY was invited to HER house. She has the memory of a goldfish.

That said, I think there's more good to her than bad.

I think on the showdown on Ally's bed incident, she meant more that she considered the whole thing over and done with, which shows a stunning lack of knowledge of human nature. But forgetting that she's up there (in cloud cuckoo land) was bizarro.

I just watched the preview of the reunion show on the Bravo site,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what the heck is up with Bethanny and Jill holding hands? Is this to show their "united" front? I can't stand Jill and Bethanny was beginning to grow on me...too bad.
    ....I know I am in the minority here but maybe I can get a real good deal on Team Ramona shirts! Ramona is a little insane but she means well. On the other hand, Jill is a snake, a pretentious snake at that. Where would she be without Bawh-bee's money?

Closed Thread