Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

On LuAnn being separated from her husband before publicly announcing it:
    I think she needed to come clean about [her] marriage [problems]. That was one of the reasons why Ramona was particularly upset with LuAnn because she was kind of living this lie and making Ramona feel like, Im better than you. Its like, listen, we all know whats going on here. Dont be a hypocrite, and thats where a lot of the [hard] feelings came from.
    Wow. So they're angry because the poor woman wanted to keep her marriage problems private? And Ramona's inferiority complex justifies her?

Jill was the most ethical person on the show but in the argument about the step and repeat she was like a pit bull, pouncing on irrelevancies like Ramona not knowing right away where the Social Register was (on a book shelf? I didn't get that but the S.R. is not a big factor in my life). That's a sort of disreputable technique, IMHO, as it diverts attention from the main issue.

I thought LuAnn was very nicely humble when she was trying to show Bethenny how to do a runway walk; she made it clear she was mainly a commercial model despite having done some runway work in Milan. LuAnn is growing on me (a bit) as I noticed there was a lot less of Countess and she seemed genuinely thrilled to open NASDAQ, while Jill's pretentiousness is causing me to go off her. Ramona's Ramona. I feel sorry for her in a way, she wasn't to the manner born.

Then I had go to bed so I'll finish the rest of the finale tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3437170;
    It was obvioulsy something the producers set up. And since they didn't really say anything, but instead both just laughed and showed they felt akward, I think Allison was protected rather well in the whole thing.
    It was warm, it was heartfelt, it was contrived. And that from the persistent advocate of truth at all possible costs.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3436869;
    The season finale was the highlight in my otherwise stressful day. I loved that Ramona said that all the women deserved "k'doos" (at least that's what I heard) for working on Jill's charity event. Allyson is so composed and mature; I would have killed my mother if she'd tried to have "the talk" with me on a reality show. Simon's outfit at the charity event...OMG, that was awesome. I mean, in a freakishly hilarious way, of course. LuAnne still bugs me, especially how she treats Rosie; it was like she was aghast that Bethanny would dare to stoop so low as to ask the help for dating advice. I was relieved that people did bid on the auction items though; I was worried it'd be a repeat of the RHOA auction for a minute. I can't wait for the reunion show, even if I do have to put up with the insufferable Andy Cohen for an hour.
    OMG, Andy Cohen is beyond insufferable. Where and the hell did they get him?

Here's how I see the whole Bethenny/Jill/Ramona nonsense.

I could understand the issue if every single one of those pictures were of Bethenny and her skinny martini (or whatever it is), however, all but one was of the liquor company that supplied them with FREE liquor. Clearly, they missed the relevance in that. Not only that, but I think it's most appropriate at a party/charity/whatever that a liquor company logo is behind the bar. Nothing else would make sense back there.

From what I gather, Bethenny didn't know a whole lot about it until she got there and I have to say I can understand why she was pissed. Not only did they not wait for her discuss the reason behind all the logos before removing them but they assumed she was being conniving. I would be pissed too especially coming from someone who claims to be a friend.

Should she have waited until after the charity to bring it up? Sure.

When she approached Jill she seemed relatively calm. Jill, on the other hand, was all 'I don't want to hear it, I can't do this right now' which is most likely causing Bethenny to become more agitated. Which is not helping.

Then she tried to talk to Ramona. Ramona doesn't want to hear anyone but herself so she of course it telling her to drop it.

I feel like people are always telling Bethenny to stop talking or making it seem like her feelings don't matter and I can see where that would get frustrating.

Bottom line, Jill and Ramona acted worse because they didn't even wait for Bethenny to respond to Jill's (alleged) voice mail to clear up the issue. They acted on pure impulse and assumptions. I'm not surprised as far as Ramona goes but I expected better from Jill

I just watched a few videos on bravo.com of next weeks reunion and it is going to be goooooooood. I can't wait!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3437154;
    I was waiting for Ramona to pop out a kazoo for the k'doos.

Isn't Allyson like 17 or 18, shouldn't Jill have already had 'the talk' with her? That whole thing was weird.

My best friend, whose gay, has worn an outfit similar to Simon's charity out fit. Makes you go Hmmmmmm

I was kind of laughing at the whole Kelly being overlooked. Ahhh karma.
    i know I hate Kelly. I hope she doesn't return for another season.

I think Ally is 17 or maybe now 18 since, at the end of the show, it mentioned how Jill's next big deal will be helping Ally write up college applications.

Regarding LuAnn, when did her husband notify her of the end of their marriage? This season was filmed late last summer/early fall. I think the only time we actually saw him this season was when he was on last night's show, right? He was shown more last year I think.

And now we know Rosie has a man friend! Good for her!

Kelly being upset at being overlooked ... I was reminding her that she didn't want to be included. (And she heard me, I just know it.)

Weirdness about the whole Jill/Ramona vs Bethenny thing. I think Jill was stressed out and felt all the pressure as the main hostess and reacted off the wall. Ramona was herself, if she isn't allowed to do something (husband featured on show, skin line on some advertisement, etc.)

Silex still creeps me out. Just ewwww. And that thing he wore as an outfit ... <shudder>.

Luanne, I just felt for her this whole episode. Recently gone through a divorce myself, so I'm shooting the evil eye at the Count for her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3437296;
    I totally disagree, and saw that whole thing in quite a different way.

First, I got the impression that Jill was more of an "honorary" organizer. The woman with the long dark hair and her staff were the organizers truly doing all the footwork, and Jill and the other women played an involved but more symbolic role. So the true staff probably knew about the logo, but not necessarily the honorary chair.

Second, Jill was perfectly content to let the entire thing go until AFTER the event. It was Bethanny who confronted Jill, and felt it was necessary to do it DURING the event, AND right before Jill was going on stage. That was self-centered on Bethanny's part. She wasn't putting the even in front of her own whims. Then, when she moved on to Ramona, Ramona even told her that it was not the place to discuss it, but Bethanny kept on going.

When Bethanny went back to Jill, her timing was all wrong. Jill was stressed to begin with, and then flustered from fighting with Bethanny. Had Bethanny waited until the moment Jill was done being on stage and then went to her to settle things, I would have considered her the bigger person. But again, the timing and everything going on didn't matter to Bethanny - she was going to do things her way and according to her timing. It was all so quick that Jill, who was trying to get away from Bethanny to avoid getting flustered, didn't have enough time to compute that Bethanny was coming in peace and not to continue things.

if all of that confrontation had taken place after the party, I would have totally been on Bethanny's side. But for her to handle it when she did was very self centered and poor thinking on her part.
    The thing about the timing couldn't be helped. It took Bethanny by surprise, of course she was going to find out what happened. I bet Jill would have flown into a rage had it been about Zarin Fabrics! Bethanny secured $20,000 dollars worth of liquor donations from Frangelico. She just found out about the missing sign-age and her immediate reaction was to find out what the issue was. Jill didn't even bother to hear her out, she could have explained it quickly and it simple terms. IMO, Jill was the one that made the big deal about it. Jill told Bethanny to leave after she not only worked hard to make the fundraiser a success but secured that huge donation. There was only one sign for Skinny Girl, Bethanny was not concerned about self-promotion, she was concerned about the donors. I give credit to Bethanny, she dropped it and listened to Ramona and Jill which is more than I would have done.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3438432;
    The thing about the timing couldn't be helped. It took Bethanny by surprise, of course she was going to find out what happened. I bet Jill would have flown into a rage had it been about Zarin Fabrics! Bethanny secured $20,000 dollars worth of liquor donations from Frangelico. She just found out about the missing sign-age and her immediate reaction was to find out what the issue was. Jill didn't even bother to hear her out, she could have explained it quickly and it simple terms. IMO, Jill was the one that made the big deal about it. Jill told Bethanny to leave after she not only worked hard to make the fundraiser a success but secured that huge donation. There was only one sign for Skinny Girl, Bethanny was not concerned about self-promotion, she was concerned about the donors. I give credit to Bethanny, she dropped it and listened to Ramona and Jill which is more than I would have done.
    Why couldn't the timing be helped? The world was not ending the moment the party ended. Jill was not leaving from the party to a 3 month retreat on the side of a mountain where no one would be able to communicate with her. And the signs weren't going back up, or being taken down, during the party as a result of the discussion. The only thing to be accomplished was an expression of frustration, and that easily could have been taken care of after the party.

Jill also told Bethanny to leave as in Jill's presence in that moment -- because she had responsibilities she had to take care of taking the stage, speaking, and running the auction. She did not tell Bethanny "leave" as in the party.

I also have to question the whole story behind the signage and the sponsorship agreement. If the liquor distributor agreed via contract to provide the liquor in return for the signage, and it was taken down, then the chairty would be facing a SERIOUS bill for the liquor, based on the value that the distributor placed on the signage. Because it was taken down so non-chalantly, I'm willing to bet that it was put up for drama's sake, and not because of an official agreement.

Closed Thread