Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3436869;
    The season finale was the highlight in my otherwise stressful day. I loved that Ramona said that all the women deserved "k'doos" (at least that's what I heard) for working on Jill's charity event. Allyson is so composed and mature; I would have killed my mother if she'd tried to have "the talk" with me on a reality show. Simon's outfit at the charity event...OMG, that was awesome. I mean, in a freakishly hilarious way, of course.
    I was waiting for Ramona to pop out a kazoo for the k'doos.

Isn't Allyson like 17 or 18, shouldn't Jill have already had 'the talk' with her? That whole thing was weird.

My best friend, whose gay, has worn an outfit similar to Simon's charity out fit. Makes you go Hmmmmmm

I was kind of laughing at the whole Kelly being overlooked. Ahhh karma.

I didn't understand the bickering between Jill/Ramona and Jill/Bethenny. Who cares, it was reall immature and annoying. Poor Luann had to go thru that charity thing probably not knowing at the time that her scuzzy husband was banging another chick.Simon looked like a pimp in that outfit he wore to Jill's charity event.
    I can't wait for the reunion, those are always a good bitchfest! I hope Kelly gets called out on all the crazy things she did and said.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3437154;

Isn't Allyson like 17 or 18, shouldn't Jill have already had 'the talk' with her? That whole thing was weird.
    When they were having "the talk" it showed that Allison is 15 (or Jill said it -- one of the two). While I agree that as Allison, I would have been mortified with my mom for doing that to me on TV, as a reminder of her age, I think it made sense to the show. It was obvioulsy something the producers set up. And since they didn't really say anything, but instead both just laughed and showed they felt akward, I think Allison was protected rather well in the whole thing. I thought it worked, because it really served as a reminder of Allison's age. She comes across as so much more mature on the show that I think I'm probably not the only one who had forgotten how young she really is. Between the mature way she carries herself, and that we saw her going to Europe and attending meetings to plan the charity event this year, I'd been lulled into thinking she was closer to 18. That scene put her real age in perspective, which made her talking at the charity event that much more impressive.

I was glad they did it the way they did.

Oh, and I forgot to comment earlier on the remarks from Jill that were posted -- I REALLY disagree with her slamming LuAnn (and supporting Ramona slamming her) for not going public right away with her split from her husband. Going through that privately is tough enough. I think it's perfectly reasonable for LuAnn to work through some of the emotions and realities of it privately before having to live it out publicly.

FORT Regular

I had to rewind that scene (many times) where LuAnn kept asking that little boy's name, "Donny?, Johnny?"

I'm surprised Jill wouldn't know before hand that the liquor company planned to use Bethenny's logo, as an organizer and host, you should know little details of everything going on. To jump on Bethenny like that without getting some more info. is unnecessary. To fight like that at a charity, or any public place is embarrassing. Yet, Bethenny knew Jill would be flustered when speaking in front of everyone due to the fight, and goes to calm her down. Became very obvious who the bigger person is.
    And let's not forget Jill questioning Ramona about giving her credit card. What an annoying, indecent woman.

Overall, this season, one person who grew on me was Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3436869 View Post
    The season finale was the highlight in my otherwise stressful day. I loved that Ramona said that all the women deserved "k'doos" (at least that's what I heard) for working on Jill's charity event. Allyson is so composed and mature; I would have killed my mother if she'd tried to have "the talk" with me on a reality show. Simon's outfit at the charity event...OMG, that was awesome. I mean, in a freakishly hilarious way, of course. LuAnne still bugs me, especially how she treats Rosie; it was like she was aghast that Bethanny would dare to stoop so low as to ask the help for dating advice. I was relieved that people did bid on the auction items though; I was worried it'd be a repeat of the RHOA auction for a minute. I can't wait for the reunion show, even if I do have to put up with the insufferable Andy Cohen for an hour.
    Sorry to have to tell you this but it's a two-part 'Reunion' -- so you'll have to put up with Andy for more than an hour.

I can't wait for the reunion...it's going to be a good one....a few changes for me this season that I came away with.
    Jill - Can't stand her at ALL anymore
    Ramona - Can't believe I like her now.
    Kelly - Oh my gosh, get her in rehab quickly!
    Mario - Still hot
    Bawbee - A doormat
    Bethennay - I like her more this season than last.
    Silex - Ugh....just ewwwwww...
    Luann - I feel sorry for her but I think she will come out of her divorce better than ever.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3437277;

I'm surprised Jill wouldn't know before hand that the liquor company planned to use Bethenny's logo, as an organizer and host, you should know little details of everything going on. To jump on Bethenny like that without getting some more info. is unnecessary. To fight like that at a charity, or any public place is embarrassing. Yet, Bethenny knew Jill would be flustered when speaking in front of everyone due to the fight, and goes to calm her down. Became very obvious who the bigger person is.
    And let's not forget Jill questioning Ramona about giving her credit card. What an annoying, indecent woman.
    I totally disagree, and saw that whole thing in quite a different way.

First, I got the impression that Jill was more of an "honorary" organizer. The woman with the long dark hair and her staff were the organizers truly doing all the footwork, and Jill and the other women played an involved but more symbolic role. So the true staff probably knew about the logo, but not necessarily the honorary chair.

Second, Jill was perfectly content to let the entire thing go until AFTER the event. It was Bethanny who confronted Jill, and felt it was necessary to do it DURING the event, AND right before Jill was going on stage. That was self-centered on Bethanny's part. She wasn't putting the even in front of her own whims. Then, when she moved on to Ramona, Ramona even told her that it was not the place to discuss it, but Bethanny kept on going.

When Bethanny went back to Jill, her timing was all wrong. Jill was stressed to begin with, and then flustered from fighting with Bethanny. Had Bethanny waited until the moment Jill was done being on stage and then went to her to settle things, I would have considered her the bigger person. But again, the timing and everything going on didn't matter to Bethanny - she was going to do things her way and according to her timing. It was all so quick that Jill, who was trying to get away from Bethanny to avoid getting flustered, didn't have enough time to compute that Bethanny was coming in peace and not to continue things.

if all of that confrontation had taken place after the party, I would have totally been on Bethanny's side. But for her to handle it when she did was very self centered and poor thinking on her part.

What did Ramoona keep saying at the end to Simon? "Frou Frou and TuTu" over and over and waving her hands behind her back?

Ugh

I had a yucky day yesterday and this really helps to take the edge off!

CanNOT wait for the reunion. 2 days of it! Blessed.

Maid

i'm still giggling abt those pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;3436833;
    Every time they show Simon's red tight laced leather pants I laugh hard.

And that end thing with Simon and Ramona was totally unexpected. I just laughed.

Why I was irritated with Ramona last season was her making a big deal of Simon attending things and the pictures. But he's funny. See. He could be your best friend Ramona......Glad your taking your chill pills at the end of this season.

that was one of the best parts of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3436834;
    And, say what you will about Kelly, she genuinely looked hurt when Jill overlooked thanking her at the event.

Closed Thread