Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Ramona wins this episode. She doesn't even get points off for waiting in the lobby. Jill came across as crass and mean and childish, while Ramona said and did all the right things. Same way Bethenny won last week's episode over Kelly. Like so:

Ramona:Jill = Bethenny down here:Kelly up here

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Oh.My.God. My jaw literally dropped when LuAnn told that little girl she had plenty of time to work on her weight!!! So horrible! I wish the other lady there would have said something like "you can be a model just the way you are." Something...anything!!!

Simon was hysterical during the tennis match!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I thought the same thing, too, JustJuls. What an idiot.

I still wish that Jill and Simon won the tennis match.

Kelly tried to redeem herself with the donations she got for Jill's charity. I thought she might have actually fallen down when she was doing that stupid dance with MaxiMax. The way she was smiling with all those teeth was not attractive at all.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I really don't find her very attractive....and you're right...I think its her smile.

I sooooo wish Jill & Simon would've won! For a moment I thought he was playing a trick and once he put on his glasses he was going to kick butt ...I guess not. It was still great though! I was glad that Jill was able to have fun with it and Simon was a really good sport.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3406916;
    Oh.My.God. My jaw literally dropped when LuAnn told that little girl she had plenty of time to work on her weight!!! So horrible!
    If she was as "countess-like" as she deludes herself into thinking, she would have just encouraged the girl and praised her for sharing her dreams.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3406916;
    Oh.My.God. My jaw literally dropped when LuAnn told that little girl she had plenty of time to work on her weight!!! So horrible! I wish the other lady there would have said something like "you can be a model just the way you are." Something...anything!!!

Simon was hysterical during the tennis match!!
    I couldn't believe it, either! The Countess is one of my faves on this show, and I was just appalled that those words came out here mouth, especially after not even 5 minutes prior, she said the meeting was all about building self-esteem. lol WTF?!

FORT Fogey

Random thoughts while unwinding from a long day.

Ramona. The look on Ramona's face was priceless when Simon walked on the court in his 70's wear (I'm starting to love Simon; his character couldn't be scripted any better than what he truely is!). I know Jill and the others were hoping for a bigger response from her but when her face pursed up like a prune and her lips started to twitch, I was satisfied.

LuAnn. I am a huge LuAnn fan because I firmly believe her heart is in the right place and because she does seem to walk the etiquette talk. The only problem is is is that she doesn't understand how off she is.

Regarding pretentiousness...I don't think LuAnn thinks of herself as "better" than others. Instead, she thinks of herself as more "privelaged" than others. There is a difference. Ramona, on the other hand, thinks she is "better" than others. And, I don't know if she recognizes the fact that she is more "privelaged" than others.

She is the most pretentious of the bunch. However, just like LuAnn, she doesn't get it.

I like them all though.

NYC vs. OC. Just thinking....I'm so over the OC housewives and it occurred to me that I don't think I've seen any of them do charity work the way the NYC ladies do. Although Iin NYC it's almost expected.

The Men. Reg. tonight's episode....I thought it was great fun. I also loved that Bobbi came to support Jill. I kind of like him and think he's cute in a very teddy bear kind of way. Mario is pretty great too.

Bethany/Alex. And, I'm dying to know how Bethany's logo turns out. That will be very revealling about Alex.

New Jersey. I watched the NJ preview. I don't know. As much as I love the NYC housewives, I think I can only take one "grouping" at a time. NYC is plenty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3405845;
    Thank you!!! Who cares if LuAnne is keen on following tradition and wants to retain her title? If I had one, I'd want to keep it too - AND use it.

And, I think she is far from pretentious. I remember when Rosie went on vacation, the Countess was right in their doing laundry and washing dishes. When Simon showed up at girls night, she was the one reminding Ramona to mind her manners.

She does say things in a way that come off a little off, but we all do at times. What I like about LuAnne is that her heart is in the exact right place. She cares about others and works on their behalves - which is more than some of the others do. I don't think she is someone going around doing charity just to add to a social-status resume. She actually gets in their to do grunt work and tears up when she does good. I actually thought that when she told the audience to pipe down at the cancer benefit she did the right thing.

And, I'm all for her manners initiative. If the world simply minded their manners, we'd be in an entirely different place than we are now.

She's just a bit clueless about how she comes off. Same with all of them. They need a bit of wake up call. Maybe this show will do the trick.

At the end of the day, I think LuAnne is actually a very neat lady.
    However, when Luann told everyone to pipe down at the cancer benefit, she continued to talk, if I recall.

I was flabbergasted when Luann made that comment about the girls weight. How disgusting of her. I wish that other woman would have said something...but then Luann would be like 'My dear, how dare you question my sincerity, I'm only concerned about the girls modeling career'

I think Luann truly believes she is better than everyone but tries hard to not act like she thinks this way; she fails miserably.

I'm seriously waiting for Ramona to crack. I can't decide, between her and Kelly, whose is the craziest. Mario is a huge a*hole..I wish Jill had punched him last week like she said she wanted too.

Kelly is hard to watch, it's like watching a 17 year old trapped in an adult woman's body. How many times did she say 'like', as in Like, 'I went to this charity meeting, like, the other day, like it was super fun'? I'd rather listen to fingers going down a chalk board than listen to her. She,also, needs to stop wearing dresses that are so short. Kelly, you're in your 40's act like it!!!

I actually liked Simon and Alex in this episode, they are pretty normal down to earth people when they aren't together. I felt kind of bad for Simon during the tennis match but he was a trooper.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3402411;
    Okay, everyone let's please get back to discussing the show. As a general rule with information about future events on the show not actually shown in previews or ads that air on tv, please use spoiler tags.
    Okay, what's a spoiler tag, please, and how do I use one?

Closed Thread