Closed Thread
Page 23 of 440 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

most of you are judging bethenneys boyfriend by his baldness , short stature and the fact that he doesnt say much on the show....maybe hes wealthy and she wants to retire with a child, and he just might be too smart to make a fool of himself on tv by entering into drama with her..none of knows what shes really like, we just see an attractive face and body, (for her age), but inside she could be a mess...most people that have had that much drama with their family growing up seem to need continued drama as adults, even if they have to create it....if she were a good catch she wouldnt be single, she seems pushy and confrontational to me...i think she said they have been dating about 6 months, why would he make a marital commitment to her without getting to know the real her...anyone can pretend to be what they think someone wants for 6 months.. you need to date someone long enough for the real person to come out...and maybe that person is starting to show their true colors, its not his problem that her bio clock is running down, and who knows, when they started dating she may not have even wanted a child, he has 3 why would he want another one with her, she should have found someone with out any children who wanted children...which brings me back to...maybe he has some money...its all just speculation....
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 03-26-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Just jumping in here. In her blog on Bravo, Bethenny says that Jason is a private person and would not discuss topics like moveing in together in front of the cameras. She brought it up on camera so other women in her position can see that they are talking about it.....? I am sure they are discussing it, but without a cameraman and producer on the sofa with them. These women all agreed to appear on this show, but the husbands might not want the screen time. Wait, Simon wants it more than Alex, Mario is all over it. Bobby and The Count do not seem to care about being on camera.

That said, Jason seems like a nice enough guy. She needs to stop rubbing his head, I am embarassed for him. I have a feeling they will not marry. After 6 months, he is not ready to move in together. He has 3 children to explain that to, something I don't think B is thinking about. We do not know why he is divorced. She seems very pushy to me, and says in that same blog that SEASON TWO, yes, it will continue......will focus on the publishing of her latest book.

Let's just say that the fact that she is sleeping at his place, and they never sleep at hers tells me who is driving the bus in the relationship.

I think he's all kinds of cute...and probably a calming influence on her. I do agree that the desperation shines right through. New York's own version of Quinn!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2870252;
    most of you are judging bethenneys boyfriend by his baldness , short stature and the fact that he doesnt say much on the show....

If I sounded mean about Jason I apologize. I'm just having fun here and I like what I am seeing of Bethany. He is not being presented to me as a very impressive person. However, I don't for one second believe this show gives me the whole picture on any of these people and commenting here is just confined to the show for me.

I did read on Jill's blog that the show was taped in 28 days! She did not say if they were consecutive days but from what I am seeing so far it seems that they were not. This time period was divided among all of them and from what she said it was not divided equally. She said it did not interfere with their daily lives at all so you can imagine how little we are really seeing of what goes on in their lives. So if I came off as a know it all critic I am sorry because I didn't mean it that way and I have nothing against short or bald men.

The way Bethany comes off on the show makes me like her and I am rooting for her and want her to find love, happiness and get that baby she wants.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by arejay;2870278;
    I think he's all kinds of cute...and probably a calming influence on her. I do agree that the desperation shines right through. New York's own version of Quinn!
    While I think that Quinn had plenty of flaws she does not share with Bethanny, and I like Bethanny more, when it comes to desperation over men, I think that Bethanny is a hundred shades worse than Quinn ever was. Quinn had the confidence to look at a man she was with, recognize some significant differences they had where she would not compromise, and walk away. Bethanny on the other hand is seeing the significant difference (she wants a baby, he doesn't) and keeps on trying to make it work. Quinn's unwillingness to compromise on the core of who she was in order to be with a man is one of the only things I really liked about her. I can't say I see that quality in Bethanny.

It almost seems like Bethenny sees a husband and baby as part of her 'brand'

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2870011;
    I think that Jill sees right through Alex to the wannabe fraud that she is. So she said what she did about St Barts, it wasn't so much to say "Look how much money I spend" as it was to say "They don't have as much money as they pretend to"

Yes I agree. I am just not sure Alex and Simon are pretending to have as much as Jill. To me it was a little bit much pointing out this fact in this way. However, until we see the whole season we won't know whether or not this was called for. It's possible that by the end I'll be glad Jill said that!

FORT Fan

quin, quin, quin, hummm...the worst of 2 worlds..she used religion when it was convienient and she didnt want to do something, then when she sinned (according to her religion) she claimed she wasnt perfect and would ask the lord for forgivness...her other problem was that when she looked in the mirror she saw a 3o year old..everyone else sees a 53 year old...especially the men she wanted to like her...why would her golfer boyfriend who was 40 want a 53 year old...no amount of plastic surgery will keep her from hitting the wall in 10 or so years..a 40 year old man could easily find a 35 year old woman who wouldnt hit that same wall to 30 more years...and yes, most men do think that way..she wasted 15 years chasing younger men, and where did she end up, alone and to old to pass for the young woman she wants everyone else to see...at least bethenny is just a gold digger, and without a bible...as nutty as she is she would be the better catch between the two...

Can someone please tell me if Bobby snapped his fingers to get the check in the resturaunt or did I imagine this? If my DH did this I would be compelled to slap him. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2870405;
    Can someone please tell me if Bobby snapped his fingers to get the check in the resturaunt or did I imagine this? If my DH did this I would be compelled to slap him. JMO
    I'm certain that was just a flourish....he and Simon had some dialogue about the check just before that.

Closed Thread