Closed Thread
Page 21 of 440 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Bethenny wears that scent, "Eau de Desperation" that I think smells so unattractive. When she asked her boyfriend's mother if she approved of her (at his sister's charity fundraiser)....that was so pathetic. Who does that???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Last night's episode was very interesting and so are all the comments here this morning.

The infomercial for Claremont Prep was kind of obvious. It was an opportunity to put this brand new school on television. EEEK!

I was a bit surprised at Luanne. She seems oddly insecure, socially, that is. Her need to "get away from being a mom" is a bit surprising too since she has a housekeeper and what looks like a busy social calendar. It's clearly not a drudgery of any kind. I find it weird that she asks her 12 year daughter for advice on what to wear and that long coat she put on was foolish looking. So was the head band on her bohemian "downtown" niece. NO ONE downtown wears one. The club they went to looked empty and the faces on the band members a bit shell shocked to see a countess and the cameras. Her youngest son is not getting enough one on one time, and her daughter is not close enough to them and WANTS to go to boarding school. Is she really 12 like they said? That would make Jill's daughter 10 and I don't think they look so young.

Ramona is living out HER dream to be an actress through Avery. It's a recipe for disaster. Can she say Brittany?

Jill looked a little jealous that Luanne and Alex hit it off. WTF? I think Jill thought it would turn into a night of "let's make alex look stupider than she already looks!" It backfired. Jill might not speak Latin, but I do believe she is the smartest one of the group. Formal education is one thing, being smart is another IMO. Bethany is a tie or a close second. She needs to dump baldy though. What the hell does she see in him?????? He wants her to sleep with him every night but keep the lease on her apt. so he can tell her to leave at a moment's notice and not feel guilty. Hey Bethany! Kick him to the curb before he does it to you. He is trash!

FORT Fogey

I agree with Sofacoushion -- I think that the problem with Bethanny's man is that he isn't comfortable being on camera. Being on the show is her gig, not his. She's performing for the cameras, and he may very well see a different side of her than what he usually does. I couldn't imagine having a serious discussion about the future of a relationship for all of Bravo's viewers to see. I don't blame him for not wanting to discuss it right then and there. Given the number of times she's been engaged, I think she may jump into EVERY relationship determined to make him "the one". She's so obsessed with being married and having a baby that she can't just kick back and enjoy a relationship growing. It's like she's got a time span for the relationship on her daily planner, and it must work according to the plan.

During the segment with LuAnn going out with her niece, I really wondered if that is something she does often, or if she was just doing it to give her niece a chance to be on TV. Given the reaction that LuAnn gave to being downtown, I'm guessing it's not something they do frequently, despite what she said.

I think that Ramona is a very odd breed of stage mom. She doesn't seem concerned about Avery's success in the whole thing at all. Unlike a Dina Lohan or Lynn Spears, it doesn't seem like she's pushing it for the fame or money. Its like the only thing she wants in the whole deal is to be able to tell people she meets at social outings that her daughter is doing something that the rest of their kids are not.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2869854;
    I find it weird that she asks her 12 year daughter for advice on what to wear and that long coat she put on was foolish looking. So was the head band on her bohemian "downtown" niece. NO ONE downtown wears one. The club they went to looked empty and the faces on the band members a bit shell shocked to see a countess and the cameras. Her youngest son is not getting enough one on one time, and her daughter is not close enough to them and WANTS to go to boarding school. Is she really 12 like they said? That would make Jill's daughter 10 and I don't think they look so young.
    Jill's daughter is older than Luanne's daughter; when they met at one of the Fashion Week shows (the one with the rapper), Luanne's daughter said she was glad to meet Jill's daughter to know someone older at her school. But yeah, Luanne's daughter looks 16, not 12.

I definitely got the vibe that Bethenny's boyfriend didn't really want to be on camera discussing their relationship but I also thought her openly admitting she was a bit drunk had something to do with it. He seems smart enough to know not to discuss important relationship steps with a girl who has just downed two large martinis. A question about her--she seemed to imply--during that big food event thing--that everyone in her scene knew her father. Who is her father, that he's so well known? If she mentioned him in past episodes, I totally missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2869933;
    Jill's daughter is older than Luanne's daughter; when they met at one of the Fashion Week shows (the one with the rapper), Luanne's daughter said she was glad to meet Jill's daughter to know someone older at her school. But yeah, Luanne's daughter looks 16, not 12.

I definitely got the vibe that Bethenny's boyfriend didn't really want to be on camera discussing their relationship but I also thought her openly admitting she was a bit drunk had something to do with it. He seems smart enough to know not to discuss important relationship steps with a girl who has just downed two large martinis. A question about her--she seemed to imply--during that big food event thing--that everyone in her scene knew her father. Who is her father, that he's so well known? If she mentioned him in past episodes, I totally missed it.

I must have gotten confused because I thought Jill said Luanne's daughter was older. Sometimes Jill talks so fast I can't get what she is saying.

I agree that Baldy didn't want to have a discussion because Bethanny was full of martini's.

Maybe we will learn more about Bethany's family in later episodes.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2869854;
    Last night's episode was very interesting and so are all the comments here this morning.

The infomercial for Claremont Prep was kind of obvious. It was an opportunity to put this brand new school on television. EEEK!

I was a bit surprised at Luanne. She seems oddly insecure, socially, that is. Her need to "get away from being a mom" is a bit surprising too since she has a housekeeper and what looks like a busy social calendar. It's clearly not a drudgery of any kind. I find it weird that she asks her 12 year daughter for advice on what to wear and that long coat she put on was foolish looking. So was the head band on her bohemian "downtown" niece. NO ONE downtown wears one. The club they went to looked empty and the faces on the band members a bit shell shocked to see a countess and the cameras. Her youngest son is not getting enough one on one time, and her daughter is not close enough to them and WANTS to go to boarding school. Is she really 12 like they said? That would make Jill's daughter 10 and I don't think they look so young.

Ramona is living out HER dream to be an actress through Avery. It's a recipe for disaster. Can she say Brittany?

Jill looked a little jealous that Luanne and Alex hit it off. WTF? I think Jill thought it would turn into a night of "let's make alex look stupider than she already looks!" It backfired. Jill might not speak Latin, but I do believe she is the smartest one of the group. Formal education is one thing, being smart is another IMO. Bethany is a tie or a close second. She needs to dump baldy though. What the hell does she see in him?????? He wants her to sleep with him every night but keep the lease on her apt. so he can tell her to leave at a moment's notice and not feel guilty. Hey Bethany! Kick him to the curb before he does it to you. He is trash!

I agree bethany needs to kick him out, I also think he is a little shy for the cameras which is fine but u can tell he is not ready to commit and since her clock is ticking she needs to think what she is going to do. and maybe she needs to say everything she said to him that she doesn't want to waste her time if this is going NO where. she never said that to him. Ithink she is scared he will break it off. But i like Bethany

I also like Luann and Jill. But Alex I cant stand it is like she is trying to hard to fit in and goes to the extreme with it (her and her husband) and $25-$30 a yr for preschool is ridiculas. I dont care if I did have money like that. Pres school is preschool. I think she is a complete social climber and would do whatever she has to do to get to the top even if she has to stab people in the back

Romana is annoying and I feel bad for Avery that she has a mother like that. I guess it came from her Dad because Avery doesn't seem to follow in her moms annoying footsteps. Romana needs to stop think Avery is so much better then every other child. There is nothing that special about her. I think Ramona is rude and I think the other housewives should stay away from her

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2869878;
    During the segment with LuAnn going out with her niece, I really wondered if that is something she does often, or if she was just doing it to give her niece a chance to be on TV. Given the reaction that LuAnn gave to being downtown, I'm guessing it's not something they do frequently, despite what she said.

I think that might be the awkwardness I was picking up on. It was odd that her youngest son said that all his friends had parents who were home every night. Was that scripted? How could that be? Maybe Luanne IS home most of the time and is pretending she is out a lot just for the show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2869878;

I think that Ramona is a very odd breed of stage mom. She doesn't seem concerned about Avery's success in the whole thing at all. Unlike a Dina Lohan or Lynn Spears, it doesn't seem like she's pushing it for the fame or money. Its like the only thing she wants in the whole deal is to be able to tell people she meets at social outings that her daughter is doing something that the rest of their kids are not.
    AGREED! Like Avery is so much better then everyone else. I feel bad for Avery

This is just a petty observation but Ramona's pupils look over dilated on tv for some reason. First I thought her eyes were bulging, then I thought maybe she was wearing color changing contacts that were giving an odd effect. Now I don't know what to think. Maybe it is the lighting and maybe her eyes are deep brown so they look like they are dilated on camera. It's very distracting to me.

Also, I felt bad that Jill gave in to the temptation to flaunt her wealth on camera over Alex and Simon's situation. Clearly Jill has more money, but by pointing out that Alex goes to St. Bart's in the off season while she goes in the top season is a little much. Didn't Jill say earlier she doesn't like to discuss the cost of things? LOL! Then in the same episode she is seen counting out twenties for the camera to pay part of the Scoop bill in cash (probably so Bobbie doesn't see how much it came to in total) and the rest on credit card. I know that trick...LOL! (by the way girls it works...he'll never figure it out!) . I think Jill really doesn't like Alex at all or she would not have put her down the way she did in the confessional.
    Last edited by tictac; 03-26-2008 at 02:15 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2869966;
    Also, I felt bad that Jill gave in to the temptation to flaunt her wealth on camera over Alex and Simon's situation. Clearly Jill has more money, but by pointing out that Alex goes to St. Bart's in the off season while she goes in the top season is a little much. Didn't Jill say earlier she doesn't like to discuss the cost of things? LOL! Then in the same episode she is seen counting out twenties for the camera to pay part of the Scoop bill in cash (probably so Bobbie doesn't see how much it came to in total) and the rest on credit card. I know that trick...LOL! (by the way girls it works...he'll never figure it out!) . I think Jill really doesn't like Alex at all or she would not have put her down the way she did in the confessional.
    I think that Jill sees right through Alex to the wannabe fraud that she is. So she said what she did about St Barts, it wasn't so much to say "Look how much money I spend" as it was to say "They don't have as much money as they pretend to"

Closed Thread