Closed Thread
Page 20 of 440 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I gotta agree, I love Bethenny the best. However, I'm not too savvy on how she pigeonholes her boyfriend to make commitments in their relationship on camera. How he handles it is great though.
    LuAnn~she seems to have that "I take no s*it from anyone" attitude and lays it all out there.
    Ramona drives me nuts. She's like Vicki and Tamra rolled into one. Push, push, push, trampy, trampy, trampy.
    Alex is annoying thinking she belongs to a club that she clearly is unconfortable in. Her husband sends off weird vibes.
    The rest of them are just 'uhhh' in my opinion for now.
    Off to watch tonights epi!

The real question is: does EVERYONE double-cheek-kiss in New York? If I were to visit a friend there, would I have to do that to fit in???
    Last edited by Beezers; 03-26-2008 at 01:00 AM.

After watching tonight's episode, I must say I do not like LuAnne nearly as much as I used to! She liked Alex waaaay too much And she is obviously not interested in her children's feelings at all. She not only brushed them off when they asked about her going out again, she flat out lied to her son about when she was coming home. Who does that to their kid?

Simon and Alex - Get over yourselves already!! Damn!!

And Ramona, honey, Avery does not want to act!! She wants to get an education, for crying out loud. Why can't you just be proud of her??

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I am not going to defend Alex's social-climbing ways in any manner, but I did notice tonight--with the benefit of watching the show on tape--that they edited her confessional about enjoying meeting LuAnn to hook up with another confessional about meeting upward socially-positioned people to be one comment. In the first part of the "confessional" she's in a print top and in the second, she's in a red top. But they made it sound like it was one continuous statement. That being said, I don't think it is terribly inaccurate to position her as a social climber, but the two different shirts aspect of it made me go "Whaaaa?" and rewind the tape. Not that creative editing is anything new in reality tv, but it is a rare occasion when I actually catch the difference.

Other than that, Avery needs to ditch her mother and LuAnn's housekeeper deserves a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2869278;

Other than that, Avery needs to ditch her mother and LuAnn's housekeeper deserves a raise.
    I noticed the housekeeper was rockin the French Manicure....good for her! I hope her own kids are grown and on their own since she seems to be there 24/7.
    CYA

FORT Newbie

This makes the Orange County girls look like a bunch of mother Teresas.

Most of them, except for the long-dark haired girl, make me cringe. It's like watching a car wreck. You have to watch. I am just amazed that souls like this actually exist. What's the point of life when you care sooooo much about what others think. You are then just their creation.

Either the editing of this program makes them look completely soulless or they really are like that. I just can't imagine what they will have to be thankful for when they reach the end of their life. Seems like only tangible crap. Ah well, not my problem.
    Last edited by tuffis; 03-26-2008 at 05:04 AM.

FORT Newbie

I like Bethenny to. Her issues with men and commitment aren't as cringe worthy as the other women's problems. She seems kind of normal and just needs a bit of therapy and a dating service. Also, I like that she is clearly on the show to promote her career rather than show off how fabulous she is or how fabulous she is trying to be. I wish I had her green leather dress and the nerve to wear it.

I wonder how hard up Claremont school is for students if the are willing to be featured on this farce but the nature of the show might been misrepresented to them. Also, Simon wearing glasses just to look more intellectual while touring the school was hysterical.

At least none of the women appear to be botoxing their foreheads.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2869130;
    After watching tonight's episode, I must say I do not like LuAnne nearly as much as I used to! She liked Alex waaaay too much And she is obviously not interested in her children's feelings at all. She not only brushed them off when they asked about her going out again, she flat out lied to her son about when she was coming home. Who does that to their kid?

Simon and Alex - Get over yourselves already!! Damn!!

And Ramona, honey, Avery does not want to act!! She wants to get an education, for crying out loud. Why can't you just be proud of her??
    I have a feeling that LuAnn won't be as impressed with Alex by the end of the season if they keep on hanging out together. I think Alex was so impressed by LuAnn because she personifies everything Alex wishes she were. LuAnn has only seen Alex on the surface right now, and THINKS that they have a lot in common. If they spend more time together, I suspect that LuAnn will discover just how much of Alex is wannabe and not genuine, and the love will fade quickly.

Why oh why did the casting director rob us of the glorious moment of telling Ramona that whoever told Avery to talk slowly was going to ruin her potential????

If the pretentiousness that is Alex and Simon insists on calling their son "Fraaawwwnc" when he enters school, how long do you think it will be before his "all-his-life" nickname becomes "Froggie".....just askin'

Luann is going thru menopause. Not being home, drinking with her friends, hanging out in bars with her 23 year old niece. She needs to get some hormone therapy, stay home with her kids, and yeah, give the poor housekeeper a huge raise because she's really the Mom and more responsible than Luann.
    I feel sorry for Alex and Simons sons, they are going to be teasing big time about their names when they get in school.
    Bethenny needs to dump Jason. Girl, he's just not that into you!
    Ramona is a stage Mom. Poor Avery, she's going to need therapy when she grows up.

FORT Regular

So Simon offered to wear a dress so he could go out with the girls. Something tells me that wouldn't be his first time

I'm liking Bethenny more all the time. I just wish she wouldn't pressure the little bald guy so much. He looks so uncomfortable iin front of the cameras. Maybe he's more dynamic and interesting in private. I hope so for Bethenny's sake.

Closed Thread