Closed Thread
Page 2 of 440 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I never thought I'd see the day when the OC ladies actually seemed, by comparison, more "real." "Rich Girls" with Allie Hilfiger had more pathos and depth and it pretty much covered the same scene. The Brooklyn couple annoys me the most too, with the close second of the woman who wanted to send her perfectly normal looking daughter to detox to lose weight. Maybe it'll do something for the girl's arthritis, but weight loss? C'mon!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I am the only one on earth that actually likes most of the women on, The Real Housewives of Orange County." So, I tuned in with hopes that my reality tv loving heart would be happy and...

I find these women to be immature, selfish to the point of being myopic and pathetic. The insistence that the kid speak French, when he just wants some food. Sad and mean. Wonder what she would have done if one of her children turned out to have autism, like one of my boys. I think it would destroy her.

The woman at the pool was the death blow for me. She's acting like a loon. Fun is great, but it's not fun to treat a dog like a throw-toy for yucks.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fan

i still cant believe the french speaking couple got almost $100,000 dollars of cloths in those few little shopping bags, this has to be a huge slap in the face to most of america, its not like shes a super model or even a "countess"..remember you should always use the proper title when introducing a "countess" to the cab driver,,,i guess this show could be educational, who knew...lets go back to sunny california. ps. maybe its not so much that the french speaking bought a 100,000 dollars of cloths, but its the attitude and the way they did it..just rubbed me the wrong way, i guess..it was like a cheap scene out of pretty woman...

FORT Fan

Watching the show stressed me out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2829554;
    i still cant believe the french speaking couple got almost $100,000 dollars of cloths in those few little shopping bags, this has to be a huge slap in the face to most of america, its not like shes a super model or even a "countess"..remember you should always use the proper title when introducing a "countess" to the cab driver,,,i guess this show could be educational, who knew...lets go back to sunny california. ps. maybe its not so much that the french speaking bought a 100,000 dollars of cloths, but its the attitude and the way they did it..just rubbed me the wrong way, i guess..it was like a cheap scene out of pretty woman...
    I agree with you....their "we are sooooo much better than you" attitude comes through loud and clear!! This show is totally about spending lavish amounts of money and is so "in your face" that I think it has turned most people off.......

ok i wanna say i kind of like the show..but after seeing some parts i noticed why i don't really like the rich that much....first off the hamptons is not the greatest place...i find it ridiculous to buy a house gor 3 million dollars and its not even that great it looks like a regular house you can find in another state for less money...i agree with everyone about Alex "french woman" she is annoying so is her husband and god with the money she has can't she fix her teeth??...my favorites are definately LuAnn & Betheny i love their attitudes and they seem the most down to earth...however i must say i love the fact that these women have their own businesses and isnt trying to marry a rich man for money like Lauri "botax barbie" lol....ill tune into next week to see more
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2829883;
    ok i wanna say i kind of like the show..but after seeing some parts i noticed why i don't really like the rich that much....first off the hamptons is not the greatest place...i find it ridiculous to buy a house gor 3 million dollars and its not even that great it looks like a regular house you can find in another state for less money...i agree with everyone about Alex "french woman" she is annoying so is her husband and god with the money she has can't she fix her teeth??...my favorites are definately LuAnn & Betheny i love their attitudes and they seem the most down to earth...however i must say i love the fact that these women have their own businesses and isnt trying to marry a rich man for money like Lauri "botax barbie" lol....ill tune into next week to see more
    Ummmmm.....isn't trying to marry a rich man????....hmmm, let me think.....LuAnn the "Countess" comes to mind....whatever her name is who needs her husband to "get her a plane" to Martha's Vineyard and doesn't need to tell him how much "detox" costs and he can't muster up a hug for his stepdaughter and of course there is the one that spent $100,000 on clothes!! Lauri has been put to shame!! Spare me!!.....I also seem to remember Vicki and Jeana making their own way in the world, and quite well!! And as far as the Hamptons, not to defend these women, but it is VERY expensive to live there as it is the "summer playground" where New York High Society goes....regardless of how it looks, it is high priced real estate......and I know we all picked on the OC women for their botox, etc. but several of these NYC babes could use a little "something"....kwim?

FORT Fan

these people must be the reason why old money looks down on new money...i dont even envy them...and usually this type of show generates the "man, i wish that was me", feeling...i guess it will be interesting to see how it plays out..

I watched the 30 minute preview show from a couple of weeks ago - and was extremely disappointed. Didn't finish the 30 minute show, just couldn't do it - it was that bad! Needless to say, missed, er, skipped on purpose, the first episode.

I give this one season only -

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2830187;
    these people must be the reason why old money looks down on new money...i dont even envy them...and usually this type of show generates the "man, i wish that was me", feeling...i guess it will be interesting to see how it plays out..
    Nope! Shows like this elicit the "Thank God I'm ME!" response. I love my freedom and I would N E V E R prostitute myself for someone else's money. I don't dance on anyone's strings--ain't enough money in the world to make me envy their lives.
    I am, however, happy that Alex was lucky enough to find the other half of her brain in this life. To think that she was merely existing on this planet and missing out on the other half of her brain that she shares with her husband!! Whew! They're certainly cut from the same lame cloth! These chickies should have stuck with the original "Manhattan Moms" title as they also give housewives a bad name. Bravo is really striking out in finding REAL housewives!

Closed Thread