Closed Thread
Page 19 of 440 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I didn't see anyone else bring this up - but did anyone else cringe when Simon was talking about how the school the kids were in currently "definitely" wasn't their first choice, or second, or third, or fourth, or fifth ..... I think my jaw just dropped open. What an idiot. That statement was just broadcast halfway through this school year ... can you just imagine how much the other parents, teachers and administration at "Sixth Choice School", which is sure to be outed soon, are going to be absolutely enraged at Alex & Simon? I don't know if they would be welcome next year. And forget about getting into Clairmont (sp?) for next fall after this little gem of a show airs. I picture the parents of current Clairmont students literally witholding their donations if they let little Francois & Johann in.

Everyone KNOWS how it works with the private school admissions in Manhattan, but oh my God, no one actually TALKS about it on camera, at least no one with actual children who are involved in the process. Poor little Mitterand and Gustave. Their parents have totally ripped the school carpet out from under them.

Anyway, I have known many people involved in the crazy preschool/kindergarten scene in Manhattan. The ones with firm Manhattan roots, big names, and/or older family money didn't worry about preschools. I have had plenty of other friends who were professionals with quite enough money, but they just couldn't swing the school admissions - most of them headed out to Westchester, CT or New Jersey and the parents sucked up the commute for the sake of the kids. They're all in perfectly good schools now, and will probably meet right back up with the NYC preschool kids in the colleges.

FORT Newbie

Well, I have been watching so prove myself wrong that this show is not in large part scripted! Ramona is a wannabe with a 12yo daughter who is a mess; pushing her to be in commercials.
    The same with the OC...this show is just senseless, no entertainment value. LuAnn puts her "slave" in her place...pick up the dog crap and clean the kids rooms, do this, do that! Not even in a nice tone, so I guess we all know where she comes from! Jill pushes the kid and stepdad together, this guy has all the personalty of a dead fish...a rich dead fish that is. That part is so stupid, it never works, also scripted! Alex, the one with the bad teeth is a former soap actress, she forgot to mention that and I agree with another post, they have $$$$ problems and I do not think for a second those bags were FILLED with clothes. just scripted props! The cook as lots of men issues and with herself esteem and her former b'friend Kevin Mazur is a world reknown celeb. etc. photographer, this current guy is not going to marry this one either! Oh well I will watch again when nothing else is on for background noise while I work...as you all know Bravo reruns this several times a day!!!

FORT Fan

i wondered if a hundred thousand dollars of cloths would fit into 4 bags..also wondered the dresses they said they were buying would have been put in shopping bags or hanging bags...this show cannot be good for any of these peoples images ....the single cook may be single for a reason, nut job, hard to deal with, issues, etc...most attractive women have no trouble finding a man...good observation on the school not liking being called a 5th choice on national tv.....maybe all these people are unknown actors, none of this may be real....the twilight zone!

No way did Toothpickle and Aussie Girl buy clothes on that outing as they would like us to believe. For starters, she's worn that ugly dress in way too many photos (wearable art? - That's what I call the clothes my kids finger-paint in). You know which one - the stripes or whatever that pattern is that zeros right in on her nether regions and the only thing missing is the arrow and instructions. It's almost neon.

If they had made major purchases, the clothing would have been on hangers in garment bags, or more likely the shop would have it delivered to their hotel room. When you spend the kind of money they pretended to, the shops don't make you trudge around town with your purchases. Maybe a bag or two to advertise the store… But wait, these two aren't an asset to a designer boutique, but a liability. Yump, the store would disavow any association!

Jptopmodel8 Love your avatar, too. Casey was a doll. Wish I could take credit for this fabulous sketch, but it comes from our talented friend, Gilmore at "Pretty on the Outside”. Here’s the link: Pretty On The Outside: The Real Housewives of NYC. Nice to meet you? I hope he continues to follow the show and provide us with his insight and awesome, dead on sketches.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Quote Originally Posted by KimDB;2866822;
    I didn't see anyone else bring this up - but did anyone else cringe when Simon was talking about how the school the kids were in currently "definitely" wasn't their first choice, or second, or third, or fourth, or fifth ..... I think my jaw just dropped open. What an idiot. That statement was just broadcast halfway through this school year ... can you just imagine how much the other parents, teachers and administration at "Sixth Choice School", which is sure to be outed soon, are going to be absolutely enraged at Alex & Simon? I don't know if they would be welcome next year. And forget about getting into Clairmont (sp?) for next fall after this little gem of a show airs. I picture the parents of current Clairmont students literally witholding their donations if they let little Francois & Johann in.
    LOL!!!!! Yes they are going to be in for a big surprise.

As far as getting into Claremont Prep, I know some very unconnected people who send their children there, so maybe Alex and Simon won't have any trouble at all!!!

I wish someone would teach Ramona how to properly use air quotes!

Jptopmodel8 Love your avatar, too. Casey was a doll. Wish I could take credit for this fabulous sketch, but it comes from our talented friend, Gilmore at "Pretty on the Outside”. Here’s the link: Pretty On The Outside: The Real Housewives of NYC. Nice to meet you? I hope he continues to follow the show and provide us with his insight and awesome, dead on sketches.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! I know he is a beautiful guy i would so like to meet him in person....sad when ugly America voted him off uhhh...that was another chance to see Casey naked again *day dreams about casey*.....o0o0o but still it is a fabulous sketch of Alex and I hope she sees it...thanks!!! for the link
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

I just saw the episode about the pre schools again and now I am not sure I heard what Jill said. There is Claremont Children's School which she might have been referring to. It may not be Claremont Prep at all. I take back any comments I made since it isn't clear what was in fact really said IMO.

In tonight's episode it's confirmed as Claremont Prep!!! LOL! That will be some commute for Alex every morning, since she lives in Brooklyn. I guess it's worth it to go to the BEST school, LOL!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tictac; 03-25-2008 at 11:21 PM.

ok after watching tonights episode im like uhhhhh...ok im getting the strange feeling that Alex & Simon think that their kids are better than everyone elses kid because they know latin & French and can sing in latin and blah blah blah....its like they know this and other kids don't so they should be welcomed into any high society orginization...give me a break!!!....im sure their children are nice but if they grow up the way their parents are presenting them to the world...they are gonna be in for a rude awakening....the school they visited is very nice and gosh i wish i could of gone to a school like that...LuAnn im starting to get a little disappointed in her because she dosen't spend alot of time with her kids...her daughter must really resent her because she treats her niece more like a daughter than her own imo....however the boy Matt, who is LuAnn's daughters' good friend is very handsome and cute....they should start dating....Jill is cool and im starting to like her alot because she is trying to get everyone together...Betheney i feel sorry for her because i know she wants her boyfriend to commit but he doesn't look like he wants to at all...i mean he doesn't even look like he wants her to move in with him, so he avoids the moving in question....Ramona gosh her friends look like a bunch of stuck up B***hes, the way they treated that guy was uhhh wrong....then again that guy was cheesey "are you three the supermodels we saw." uhhhh seriously give me a break get a better pick up line...the way she was telling her daughter to read was uncalled for....i can see that little Avery doesn't really care about doing comerciall stuff, she is more intrested in school (i like that about her) she is trying to please her mom.

wait Alex lives in Cobble Hill??!!...omg i didn't know..well the area she lives in looks very vapid lol
    Last edited by Jptopmodel8; 03-26-2008 at 01:59 AM.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Closed Thread