Closed Thread
Page 18 of 440 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2860621;
    You know what i find very odd about this show....They are saying Manhattan is the best and richest borough in New York city and the Hamptons is the only place to be seen if you are wealthy...That is so not true...

I agree. It is an arrogant generalization and exageration IMO. Of course if you love where you live then it is the center of the universe but let's face it, people are happy in many different locations. I didn't like that attitude either, even though I happen to love NYC.

FORT Newbie

I am trying not to be too judgmental about these women,but it is extremely hard not to do. When Alex was shopping with her husband in St Bart's, and she ran up that huge bill for "threads " that cost thousands of dollars, I could not help but think of the families that money would feed,or provide health care for,or an education for a child.And I thought "Does it REALLY matter if you spend $5,000.00 or $50.00 on a dress?Is this the sum and total of life-how to impress others with your lavish trappings? Is this what everything boils down to? Will GOD not let me into heaven because I am not wearing a designer outfit? Will HE only allow the wealthy to partake in HIS celestrial home? Will HE not judge the poor as fair as HE judges the wealthy?"
    I feel that someone should tell these social climbers that "show and tell" stopped in grade school,that bragging and showing off is definitely NOT a plus and does nothing for your character.
    It is fine to be wealthy but why flaunt it to the point of demeaning others?
    As for the show,and the "ladies" ,well, I haven't too much to say other than the fact that I am glad my Mother instilled values in me,and one of them was never to boast. The one value she pushed was the fact that a "lady never makes a scene,is loud and calls attention to herself" Ramona needs to brush up her manners. Loud,obnoxious,cheap-her daughter is ashamed of her. She wants a "mother"-not a "buddy", a "friend" ,a "peep",a "chum" ,but a "mother" to be proud of. She does not want her 40+ year old mother to be dressing like a tart,acting like a tramp,behaving like a sex starved wanton. Shame on you, Ramona! Grow up! Act decent! Treat your family with respect and not as if they were dolts.
    Alex and Simon had better get their ducks in order and stop trying to buy their way into "society". It is not worth going into hock over,and the sooner they realize that,the better off they will be. Alex, you are NOT European,you are an American and start being proud of it. Thousands of people in other countries wish they were in the position you are in-a citizen of the U.S.A. When will you learn that when your money is gone, your "society friends' will also be gone. Don't try to keep up with the "Jones" as there will always be Jones with more money than you. Start to appreciate what you have and not pine after things you don't need.Your children come first-not you.
    The "countess" should remember her own roots before she judges others. I live in Ct and I know the Berlin Turnpike and it is nothing but a sleazy strip of closed up stores, cheap motels and strip clubs. It was that way years ago and I doubt if it has changed over the years excpet to get possibly worse. I recall that drive-in as my husband ,who was a horror-show buff,used to love to drive 50 minutes to get there. That entire area was nothing but a dump waiting to happen,so,"Countess" before you start in on your housekeeper,remember the area from which you came.
    I like Jill and Bobby and Alison-Jill seems like a really good mother ,she acts like a mother,she dresses like a mother and she sets a fairly good example for Alison. Bobby is a good man-he may not be very outgoing but his heart is in the right place and he is trying his level best to make Jill and Alison happy.
    The Martha Stewart wannabe is rather pathetic-she is beside herself to get married but if she keeps rubbing Jason't bald head all the time like a crystal ball and embarrassing him, he is going to take a hike.

I

FORT Fogey

If they weren't about show and tell, would anyone watch? Part of the audience may be saying "I'd love to have the money to buy clothes like that" while part of the audience is saying "Give me a break, who needs to spend that much money on clothes". But if the show were about a group of people who lived very humble, simple lives, donated lots of money and did volunteer work, would anyone watch?

FORT Fan

i think you are right, people on the show need to a little off or the show would be borrrrring....im quite sure the show producers passed over many normal people before they found this group of nuts....i say the nuttier the better, in fact i bet the best is yet to come...its like mtvs real world, look how much its changed over the years, the more crazy and
    confrontational the people the more interest it stirs up...normal people, are, well...normal...

ps..maybe we could have a good cat fight between jill and ramona....or maybe alexs husband and jills gay husband could get friendly...maybe the count has another secrete family...the bald guy could be seeing someone else...lets see some disfunction maximus! lets have some fun!
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 03-24-2008 at 06:36 PM.

And the winner of the fugliest contest is: Alex Toothpickle McCord! Don't make me toss you back to the suburbs! Jumpin' Jiminey, we'll send you to the Austrialian Outback and let you have a lookie at what awaits other than those nasty burbs. Crikey, toss those two on the barbie, it's ready. I love their kid's name's. Right out of a Terrence McNally play! Frankie and Johnny in the Clair De Lune!!! ....It's all about a NY fry cook and a greasy spoon waitress...the future looks bright!

At a close second, we have Ra-Moan-A, the sex-starved trash bait! Honey, you're on the wrong show; you need to call Danny Bonaduce and get on his cast-a-kid show. Ramona clearly belongs on the west coast version. She's got the coast and the show both wrong. And she dresses like a cheap Santa Ana hooker ta boot! :nono

Couldn't stand Bethenny on the Apprentice, but I have found her the only likable character on this show. She's wizzy-wig. What you see is what you get. She makes no false pretenses as to who she is or how she lives and she's quite witty. I give her a total pass. As a single woman trying to promote her business, I say kudos! She found a way to get paid to advertise instead of paying for it. Smart healthy cookie. She's single, so she's not bringing down any kids, and in my book, that's the only kind of person that has business doing a show like this. The repercussions on family and others is so pitiful and self serving. Bethenny admits to borrowing clothes and she says she "has her ways". You go, girl. I stand corrected on who you are. Give those trollops and twits a serious run for their Titanium cards!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2865219;
    lets see some disfunction maximus! lets have some fun!

That would be "disfunctionus maximus".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper;2865252;
    And the winner of the fugliest contest is: Alex Toothpickle McCord! Don't make me toss you back to the suburbs! Jumpin' Jiminey, we'll send you to the Austrialian Outback and let you have a lookie at what awaits other than those nasty burbs. Crikey, toss those two on the barbie, it's ready. I love their kid's name's. Right out of a Terrence McNally play! Frankie and Johnny in the Clair De Lune!!! ....It's all about a NY fry cook and a greasy spoon waitress...the future looks bright!

At a close second, we have Ra-Moan-A, the sex-starved trash bait! Honey, you're on the wrong show; you need to call Danny Bonaduce and get on his cast-a-kid show. Ramona clearly belongs on the west coast version. She's got the coast and the show both wrong. And she dresses like a cheap Santa Ana hooker ta boot! :nono

Couldn't stand Bethenny on the Apprentice, but I have found her the only likable character on this show. She's wizzy-wig. What you see is what you get. She makes no false pretenses as to who she is or how she lives and she's quite witty. I give her a total pass. As a single woman trying to promote her business, I say kudos! She found a way to get paid to advertise instead of paying for it. Smart healthy cookie. She's single, so she's not bringing down any kids, and in my book, that's the only kind of person that has business doing a show like this. The repercussions on family and others is so pitiful and self serving. Bethenny admits to borrowing clothes and she says she "has her ways". You go, girl. I stand corrected on who you are. Give those trollops and twits a serious run for their Titanium cards!
    oooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmgg ggggg Jesper I love your Avatar. It is awesome and it looks eaxctly just like her...you really captured her on this drawing 5 thumbs up to you...I agree with you on Bethney i am proud of people like her...single and trying to make it for themselves with out someone giving it to them...She inspires me alot...I also like LuAnn the countess...why doesn't anyone like her??? i think she is cool and normal.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2865219;
    i think you are right, people on the show need to a little off or the show would be borrrrring....im quite sure the show producers passed over many normal people before they found this group of nuts....i say the nuttier the better, in fact i bet the best is yet to come...its like mtvs real world, look how much its changed over the years, the more crazy and
    confrontational the people the more interest it stirs up...normal people, are, well...normal...

ps..maybe we could have a good cat fight between jill and ramona....or maybe alexs husband and jills gay husband could get friendly...maybe the count has another secrete family...the bald guy could be seeing someone else...lets see some disfunction maximus! lets have some fun!
    you know I wonder if that is true....If the count really has another family on the side....you don't see him at all, not at home or at his job...my guess is he is actually a bussy man working and not sitting around being a camera hore like the other husbands: Alex's & Ramona's
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Can't really fault how they spend their money. It's their money after all, but Alex is unnattractive to me. Is it just me, or is Alex husband...well is anyone else surprised he's married to a woman?
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2856857;
    I think you are correct about no one blinking and eye at these names. There is nothing wrong with either of them. I don't think anyone was really ridiculing them either but there were some jokes about the fact that neither parent is French and they picked French names. Alex and Simon WANT so badly to be European
    I agree, it's not the names themselves, it's the parents and their whiff of desperation that makes the names scream "trying way too hard" ... which is the kiss of death in Manhattan. I am reminded of a new wife I met named Lisa, who insisted that everyone call her "Topsy." Only, someone in the neighborhood ended up knowing the town where "Topsy" had come from, and no one back in the hometown knew who "Topsy" was, until they said "OH you mean LISA" - and then they remembered her. The cutesy name was just made up, apparently, to fit in at the country club? I guess.

The funny thing is, we all still call her Topsy, but it's mostly with the eye roll, because we all find it so ridiculous. If only she had big fake boobs, that would be the icing on the cake.

Closed Thread