Closed Thread
Page 17 of 440 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

You know what i find very odd about this show....They are saying Manhattan is the best and richest borough in New York city and the Hamptons is the only place to be seen if you are wealthy...That is so not true....They are forgetting about places in Brooklyn like Manhattan Beach (omg one of the most beautiful and wealthy places i have seen in New York City..I mean these people that live their have mansions with nice cars and is a block or 2 away from the most beautiful beach in New York city imo)....Then their is Park Slope (luxurios apartments $8000 dollars rent its ridiculous)...Cobble Hill...Crownheights the largest Jewish Neiggborhood in New Yorkcity (omg i am not lying to any of you, these houses are incredable i was amazed at what i saw when i was driving with my mom to the doctors office...i remeber i saw a house with the outside made of glass it was beautiful)....their are more but i haven't been to them...I am so sick of Manhattan being the center of attention, other boroughs deserve a chance in the positive spot light and not in the negative all the time...
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Well, Wearable Bad Art Alex and that pseudo "husband" of hers do live in Brooklyn, but it sounds as though the areas that you are describing, i.e. Manhatten Beach, are neighborhoods that make Alex and Simon's Brooklyn townhouse look like, OH NOooooo, a house in the suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;2860742;
    Well, Wearable Bad Art Alex and that pseudo "husband" of hers do live in Brooklyn, but it sounds as though the areas that you are describing, i.e. Manhatten Beach, are neighborhoods that make Alex and Simon's Brooklyn townhouse look like, OH NOooooo, a house in the suburbs.
    lol....I do not know what Brooklyn neighborhood Alex and her husban live in, but i can tell you from that clip it looks cheap and boring imo....i think if they had so much money (as they claim) they would live in Manhattan beach, Cobble Hill, Park Slope, or in the Jewish area.....if you ever visit New York City you should check out those Neighborhoods and take pictures....you would be amazed like i am.....Do not take the media or any person who live in Manhattan serious when they say Brooklyn is a bad borough and it is so ghetto....It really isnt their are plenty of clean and fantastic Neighborhoods in Brooklyn....most of all check out the houses you would be amaze....

FORT Newbie

Also, you're right! A candle in the ear has never cured anyone of anything. It's an old wives tale.
    Actually, the ear candles aren't supposed to "heal" anything. They're simply used to remove wax from deep inside the ear - and they absolutely work. They are made from a special wax, and are more like cloth, and hollow. When you light the far end, the heat creates a vacuum and pulls wax from the ear. I screwed up with a Q-tip once so badly that I couldn't hear a thing out of that ear all day. I tried the wax removal systems with the suction bulb, and nothing helped. My equilibrium was off, badly, and I couldn't stand it anymore. I bought about six ear candles and had my aunt help with the process, and those babies pulled everything out. Although kind of gross, you can cut open the candle when you're done, and you'll be surprised how much funkiness they get out of your ears. Even when I think my ears are clean, they get something out. I don't know what I'd do without them now that I've been using them for a few years now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What bothers me about this show is what appears to be a lack of depth in the relationships between the women. They seem to be all fluff and no substance. It's rather sad, if you ask me. The countess reminds me of a person who will feign super sincerity and friendship to your face, and cut you to shreds behind your back. The other social climbers are .... just that. Oh well...........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana;2857044;
    Didn't they say that they were family names. Mc Cord is Irish. Is that her name or his too?

Just how many French people emigrated to Australia, anyway?
    well, some convicts, originally. And I've read that Alex is from Kansas- which, if you were just open and honest about it, is a great thing. But pretending she and her Australian possibly gay husband are Eurotrash is trashy! And although she says she NEVER ( insert ugly face here) wants to live in the suburbs, she does not live in Manhattan. Probably can't afford it.

Alex was born in DC and wound up in Kansas while her dad was writing a book on oil wells. He died. From what I have heard, he had another family (she must've been from the 2nd wife). Things were not so good for Alex and her mom and I suppose, siblings. She is not originally from Kansas and I'm surprised she hasn't said this. (Probably was edited out.)
    Lots of Euros went to Australia and New Zealand during different time periods, historically. These were not just places for convicts. She most likely married him because he was more Euro than she is and wants to be more Euro or perceived that way. He comes across very Euro which to many, comes across gay.
    We were not impressed with there home. Did anyone notice the cemented in fireplace???? I was shocked when I saw that; it was horrible. There are some great, beautiful places in Brooklyn, especially in Crown Heights and on and off Ocean Parkway. I would live there in a minute! UES or UWS are both wonderful, but Brooklyn is super.
    Simon, from his last name, has some Dutch heritage. Maybe his mom is French or they perceive that being French is better or classier.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine1490;2861608;
    Actually, the ear candles aren't supposed to "heal" anything. They're simply used to remove wax from deep inside the ear - and they absolutely work. They are made from a special wax, and are more like cloth, and hollow. When you light the far end, the heat creates a vacuum and pulls wax from the ear. I screwed up with a Q-tip once so badly that I couldn't hear a thing out of that ear all day. I tried the wax removal systems with the suction bulb, and nothing helped. My equilibrium was off, badly, and I couldn't stand it anymore. I bought about six ear candles and had my aunt help with the process, and those babies pulled everything out. Although kind of gross, you can cut open the candle when you're done, and you'll be surprised how much funkiness they get out of your ears. Even when I think my ears are clean, they get something out. I don't know what I'd do without them now that I've been using them for a few years now.
    You are so right!!!! My Jewish grandma and her sister used these things over and over again. I never went to the doctor for an earache. My mom says that all these home remedies came from people who could not afford to go to the doctor or the doctor would not treat them (for whatever reason). There is a great deal of credence to be said for all the cleansings that the "old wives" knew about. Does anyone know about the candle on the tummy? I'm surprised they didn't try that at the expensive detox. It did something.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2863609;
    Alex was born in DC and wound up in Kansas while her dad was writing a book on oil wells. He died. From what I have heard, he had another family (she must've been from the 2nd wife). Things were not so good for Alex and her mom and I suppose, siblings. She is not originally from Kansas and I'm surprised she hasn't said this. (Probably was edited out.)
    Lots of Euros went to Australia and New Zealand during different time periods, historically. These were not just places for convicts. She most likely married him because he was more Euro than she is and wants to be more Euro or perceived that way. He comes across very Euro which to many, comes across gay.
    We were not impressed with there home. Did anyone notice the cemented in fireplace???? I was shocked when I saw that; it was horrible. There are some great, beautiful places in Brooklyn, especially in Crown Heights and on and off Ocean Parkway. I would live there in a minute! UES or UWS are both wonderful, but Brooklyn is super.
    Simon, from his last name, has some Dutch heritage. Maybe his mom is French or they perceive that being French is better or classier.
    oooooommmmgggg thank you New Mommy (congrats lol) i am so glad that you and I are on the same page about Brooklyn....I am so sick of Brooklyn getting the negative spot light while everyother borough gets the positive spot light: Manhattan....If you read my other post I mentioned the great neighborhoods of Brooklyn like Manhattan Beach & Crownheights....omg I wish everyone could see the beautiful houses that are in these neighborhoods exspecially Manhattan Beach & Crownheights...you all would think you were in the suberbs or in La...but you are really in the city and in a borough that is supposely "ghetto" according to the media uhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2863904;
    oooooommmmgggg thank you New Mommy (congrats lol) i am so glad that you and I are on the same page about Brooklyn....I am so sick of Brooklyn getting the negative spot light while everyother borough gets the positive spot light: Manhattan....If you read my other post I mentioned the great neighborhoods of Brooklyn like Manhattan Beach & Crownheights....omg I wish everyone could see the beautiful houses that are in these neighborhoods exspecially Manhattan Beach & Crownheights...you all would think you were in the suberbs or in La...but you are really in the city and in a borough that is supposely "ghetto" according to the media uhhhh.
    I love, love , love to watch the girls walking on Ocean Parkway in their designer clothes looking at the young guys. This is such a great neighborhood. These areas are better than the suburbs anywhere in the US. I would love to live there but when you walk into a nice place, on the UWS, no one is going to turn that down!!!!
    NYC, and the areas around Manhattan, is a wonderful place to call home. I will also include so many really great places in NJ which, in an instant across the GW, a person can enjoy the wonderful benefits of Manhattan.
    I am enjoying this show much more and see it is more reality than the other. That may sound strange, but it has its boring sides (tennis match) which is what like is all about. At least these girls tell us outright that they are borrowing clothes and don't take their audience for a bunch of idiots as they did when throwing the audience the OC.

Closed Thread