Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2946909;
    I just read the article, I cant believe they only received 1/10 of the pay their counterparts on the west coast received. The OC ladies were payed very well!
    I want to know what the OC ladies were paid for their first season. My guess is that it was probably also $10,000. The OC women got raises because they were on a proven successful show. To compare their current pay to the NYC women's current pay is not a fair comparison. The comparison should be first season vs first season.

FORT Newbie

Here are my two main problems with Alex/Simon:

1) I don't like people who insult my intelligence. They seem to think they are intellectually superior to everyone else. They seem to think we are too stupid to notice when people are clearly snowing us. They either toss out some lame rationalization, or they flat-out lie. Simon is quite explicit on the reunion show, saying that there are no South Florida photos. If the two of them would just man-up and take the heat, I could respect them a bit more.

2) When they agreed to appear on the show, their lives became fair game. All the criticism and scrutiny is a consequence of their decision. Would all these photos -- all this bad exposure -- have surfaced had they not appeared on the show? I doubt it. They seem to think they are entitled to only good consequences. And no one -- no one -- edited in or invented their comments. If they hadn't said it, how could it be shown? Stop already with the were-were-misrepresented whining routine. I think it will be quite revealing if they hopped right on board for another season of being "misrepresented."

If I put my hand on a hot stove and get burned, then turn around and do it again hoping for a different result, that's called crazy.
    Last edited by terrapin; 04-25-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin;2946937;
    Here are my two main problems with Alex/Simon:

1) I don't like people who insult my intelligence. They seem to think they are intellectually superior to everyone else. They seem to think we are too stupid to notice when people are cleary snowing us. They either toss out some lame rationalization, or they flat-out lie. Simon is quite explicit on the reunion show, saying that there are no South Florida photos. If the two of them would just man-up and take the heat, I could respect them a bit more.

2) When they agreed to appear on the show, their lives became fair game. All the criticism and scrutiny is a consequence of their decision. Would all these photos -- all this bad exposure -- have surfaced had they not appeared on the show? I doubt it. They seem to think they are entitled to only good consequences. And no one -- no one -- edited in or invented their comments. If they hadn't said it, how could it be shown? Stop already with the were-were-misrepresented whining routine. I think it will be quite revealing if they hopped right on board for another season of being "misrepresented."

If I put my hand on a hot stove and get burned, then turn around and do it again hoping for a different result, that's called crazy.
    Could not have said it better myself!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2946553;
    Jill is a good person with a good heart. She knows that now is not HER TIME. She has put her family first.
    I guess one could say she is "getting her house in order".
    (S&A, take note!)
    Total ageement here. Jill is the real deal. Also gotta love a woman like Bethenny who thinks fast and is soooo funny. The two of them rock.
    Alaxass, what to say; born with a plastic spork in her mouth, and it's stuck. Alex will try to get on next season, and make an even worse ass of herself- no education, no authenticity, no brains. There's even less to her than meets the eye.

FORT Newbie

First off,

LOVE the board, wish I'd found it earlier to add more input!

Anyway, my take on the lovely ladies of NYC

Jill: Jill started off as my favorite. I still love her, but let's just say I'm not in love with her anymore. I find her to be somewhat rude and bossy. Although she claims to work, I've yet to see any take place. She's also entirely too controlling. She wants to sit in the front row at the fashion show, at the head of the table (for Bethenney's dinner party) and was also pissed that at the finale dinner she was sitting in the corner saying she wanted to be in the middle. She's also very materialistic. She badgered Bethenney about all of the things she'd gotten for her birthday, asked if Jason was still "working on a watch", was snarky about Alex & Simon paying to visit St. Bart's in the "off-season" and generally seems to be consumed by all things materialistic.

Ramona: Started out as my least favorite. I was happy when she lost the tennis match. However, as the shows progressed, I really like Ramona. Do I think she dresses appropriately? No. However, I think she looks great for her 50's (plastic surgery or not) and I LOVE the fact that she's financially independent. I think it's great that she teaches her daughter to be self-reliant. And her husband is gorgeous (could the NYC ladies be jealous that the rest of them have slogs?). I don't see Ramona as being vindictive, mean-spirited, etc. I just see her as outspoken (sometimes too much) and very much her own woman.

Bethenney: My favorite, by far. Her voice and non-stop talking can get to be annoying, but I LOVE her quick wit and priceless expressions. She's very real and is the voice of reason on that show. I do feel bad that she's not able to (yet) fulfill her dream of becoming a Mom, but it will happen (hopefully).

LuAnn: NOT a fan. She's very pretentious, rude and thinks too much of herself. Calling her husband "The Count" is weird and she needs to quit. She's way too wrapped up in a title that Americans could care less about.

Alex (and Simon): Ugh. I never thought I'd call a kid a jacka$$, but at the evaluation and the finale dinner, little Francois was nothing but one.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2945574;
    That's because she is mature, real mature, like in puslhing 50ish? But then again how mature is it to dress up like a 20 year old and make a fool of yourself "clubbing" with your niece? (was that her niece???) I was just backtracking reading posts and poothz that Beverly Hillbilly comparison was brilliant, I scared my pussy so much she jumped off my lap!!!!!
    I agree, I don't find the Countess "mature" at all. I find her to be a total wannabe. She barely stays home with her children, she treats her housekeeper like a slave and she is rude to service workers (the driver).

BTW, loved the pussy comment.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=mom2;2946337;]I watched the Reunion show about 5 times now and plan to watch again and again. This is entertainment ..!

Ramona: Complained of being bored when the spotlight wasn't on her for a minute. Her eyes were spasmotic, and she even warned that she was bored. This was to hopefully turn the conversation back to her. Didn't work and before you know it, little miss "I'm bored" stands up to draw the eye away from her competiton Alex and back to herself where it belongs. Talk about ill mannered, drama queen took the prize. It had nothing to do with anyone's pictures and all to do with the spotlight not being on her. Also, she was extremely put out that Alex's husband was there and hers wasn't allowed to be.

I really think that, like the other ladies, Ramona can't stand A&S. When he came on, she barely looked his way! Say what you want about Ramona, but dancing (badly) and wearing short dresses, is still, IMO, a far cry from posing nude for some sleazy photographer. Also, where do you get that she was upset that her husband wasn't allowed to come? I read that as she was disgusted by Simon. And aren't we all?

Alex: still snobby and trying to portray a level of intelligence she doesn't have. She was contradicting herself over and over and never caught on. Then out comes her hubby to the rescue and she/they still portray themselves as sadly lacking in status.

Agreed. I also found it interesting how she was practically mute before Simon arrived.

.............................. ...
    Jill: I hope she returns, minus the irritating dog. Love her calling Simon out, but hate that she dropped it when he wouldn't answer.

I like Jill as well, but I found her excuse for leaving the Luca Luca show as probable as Ramona's for why she left the dinner party. The stomp off had everything to do with being put behind Ramona. She really needed to be truthful about it and move on. Even LuAnn piped up when Jill claimed she didn't need to be front row...an obvious lie.

Alex tries to appear smarter than everyone else but she makes such an ass out of her self by constantly misusing pronouns. For example: "If you ask Simon and I", "Jill invited Simon and I" She is such an idiot!!! Laurie Waring did the same thing. They're both idiots. Alex needs to get off her high horse and scoop up the s__t she left behind, so her kids dont step on it.

I will miss Jill, but I respect her decision to leave the show and I give her credit for putting her daughter ahead of her fame. She certainly seems to be the show favorite, and it's not at all a bad idea to leave while your on top!

I hope her replacement will be as good. I can't stand Tammy on RHOC (she replaced Kim), she has NO personality and is as dull as they come.

Oh, do I agree!!! Tammy is as boring as they come and she is soo sooo stupid!!! I feel bad for her because her oldest daughter is an handful but Tammy should have insured that her ex husband provided for those children prior to his death. The youngest daughter seems to be on the right track but has a long way to go. I would love to see the casting call for the new housewife for RHONY.

Closed Thread