Closed Thread
Page 12 of 440 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

you are right about their tennis playing, they were playing like beginners, ive played on leagues for years and even the 2.0 -3.0 club players wouldnt even bother playing them, it would be to much chasing out of bound balls, they should give up tennis...having a court doesnt make you a good player, they were hackers.

FORT Newbie

and about alexs husband .....i think a lot of euro-men act gay even though they are not, maybe he wants tv time,
    But Simon isn't actual European. He was born and raised in Australia so essentially he is wannabe Eurotrash which is just pitiful in my mind. Also, I find it is amusing that even adults make fun of their kids' names. I don't know why they thought it was such a good idea to give them those names even if they are family ones. Why couldn't they call them Frank and John or some other more popular variation. But no, they have to be phony even about their kids names.

The whole detox for Jill's daughter was also ridiculous. How the hell is putting a candle in someone's ear going to heal them of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Erie;2854201;
    The whole detox for Jill's daughter was also ridiculous. How the hell is putting a candle in someone's ear going to heal them of anything?
    Don't get me wrong I agree with you but I have heard of this being done. It is not new. I don't know how scientific it is though. Did you see that poor girl's schedule which included colonics? I personally would not leave my child in anyone's hands like that for a week, not even an hour. I'm glad it did work out for her though and I think she is a very pretty girl.
    Last edited by tictac; 03-19-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2853860;
    ....oh yeah, all women with big natural boobs hide them, what planet is she from.
    That comment got my attention but did you also notice that she said women who pay to have them show them off....Is she saying Ramona has implants b/c I think she is. These confessionals are often filmed after the events of the episode not necessarily right after either. I can't wait to see what happens. Remember Jill saying "there's gonna be a war"? I think this fight with Ramona is going to get interesting.

The one thing I don't get is why Ramona picked this fight.

"They can't get their 3 year old into a school??? Gee maybe they should have considered schools before moving into a neighborhood with an overcrowded one. For crying out loud people decide where to live based on schools all the time. They have to be naive! And why won't ANY private school take them? ? That is really strange. Did Jill say her friend owned the Clairmont school (Prep) or a school ON Clairmont??? They almost cut all of that out but the name Clairmont was audible."
    Problem with the private schools is that people get on waiting lists when they find out they are pregnant since the lists are so, so long. Usually, a family does have to know someone to get in and just talk with the admissions. Giving a sizable donation helps. We have some friends who moved to Manhattan when the child was 3 and there wasn't any room in any preschool. Grandpa donated and lo and behold, the school suddenly found a space! Alex and Simon might have to do some major gifting to get slots for their boys.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2854280;
    Don't get me wrong I agree with you but I have heard of this being done. It is not new. I don't know how scientific it is though. Did you see that poor girl's schedule which included colonics? I personally would not leave my child in anyone's hands like that for a week, not even an hour. I'm glad it did work out for her though and I think she is a very pretty girl.
    I've seen the candle in the ear done all my life. It's got roots in old, grandma type healing. I remember that my aunt used it on my little cousin when he had earaches. It may draw out air or impurities. As for medicinal purposes, I don't think an MD would recommend it. These detox places try all kinds of things because people who believe in them are willing to pay.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, ear candling/coning has been around for thousands of years, and originated in Egypt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2854331;
    [BProblem with the private schools is that people get on waiting lists when they find out they are pregnant since the lists are so, so long. Usually, a family does have to know someone to get in and just talk with the admissions. Giving a sizable donation helps. We have some friends who moved to Manhattan when the child was 3 and there wasn't any room in any preschool. Grandpa donated and lo and behold, the school suddenly found a space! Alex and Simon might have to do some major gifting to get slots for their boys.
    Trust me, there are so many schools you can always find a private school with space especially for three year olds since this is an optional thing. They should be worried about Kindergarten. However, I bet they wanted only the elite snooty schools and with no connections there is no seat---which is what you are hitting on. I thought the same thing about the donation. Instead of running to St. Barts or worrying about violin lessons for a 3 year old (heaven help us) they need shell out a donation.

They looked at 16 schools? Is that what Simon said??? They are hilarous.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2854354;
    Actually, ear candling/coning has been around for thousands of years, and originated in Egypt.
    I didn't even look it up because I did not know what it was called but now I did. No ear candles for me thank you.

Last edited by tictac; 03-19-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2854360;
    They should be worried about Kindergarten. However, I bet they wanted only the elite snooty schools and with no connections there is no seat---which is what you are hitting on.
    They looked at 16 schools? Is that what Simon said??? They are hilarous.
    God forbid their kids have to go to school in the SUBURBS!

Closed Thread