Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2935375;
    Yowza! That's a big chunk of change. I love this from Lu Ann's blog:

"Jill would give you the shirt off her back
    Ramona would tear the shirt off your back
    Alex would buy the shirt off your back
    and Bethany would bake cookies on it if she could"

-LuAnn

Sounds like lines right out of Jeana Keough's mouth.

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2935311;
    luvsginger: too true! I guess I fixate on Alex and Simon because I know people like them, who act as if they are so engaged and attached to their children and each other when just the opposite is happening. They are an interesting case study.
    Hi livjack : I know some people like that and they are the ones that get their kids almost anything they ask for. I know someone who send her daughter all over the world alone to visit relatives since she was 13 - now 17- she also buys for her anything and everything- that poor thing has no idea of the value of money and else- her parents never teach her any of that as they are hardly around 0 she have been raised by the babysitter a nice mexican lady - oops -- the au pair not in sight - this couple is not as "sophisticated" as the Cobble HIlls Royalty so this girls speaks only Spanish no French there

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

For this country, French is such a waste of time. Spanish would be doing their children a better service. Plus, it broadens their "international" space much wider. Although English is spoken almost anywhere, Spanish can also be utilzed in Spain, Brazil (they use Portuguese, but you could definitely get by) et al.
    French just seems so limited. But then again, so are they....

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2935268;
    I also found it interesting how they made such a big deal out of Simon leaving for those 9 days and "oh how are we ever going to live with out you" mentality, and then not a minute of those 9 days was aired. Where was Alex with no make-up, dirty clothes running after her kids while trying to make dinner?? Or yet, where was the shots of the nanny behaving that way while Alex coolly strolls in at 9pm just in time to give her precious angels a kiss before they go to sleep? Anyone? Anyone?
    Mmm-hmmm! I thought the same thing too! I kind of got the impression from the last episode, when Ramona was pestering Alex about what she did when Simon was gone, that Alex really did nothing of note while he was away, and so they didn't air any of it. According to what Alex said, she never went out or did anything while we was gone. She was probably just watching tv, talking on the phone to Simon several times a day, and eating Ramen noodles while sitting on her Ikea furniture in her unfinished townhome. Stuff to put an audience to sleep!

Personally, I would have found it funny to see snippets of her doing nothing while he was away. I was curious as to what she would do with herself without her 'other half' present. Gee, I need a life, don't I? I'm actually saying that it would have been fun to watch this crazy lady do nothing. LOL!

Personally, I would have found it funny to see snippets of her doing nothing while he was away. I was curious as to what she would do with herself without her 'other half' present. Gee, I need a life, don't I? I'm actually saying that it would have been fun to watch this crazy lady do nothing. LOL!
    Well, we all know her time wasn't spent cleaning, painting, or improving her living conditions...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For this country, French is such a waste of time. Spanish would be doing their children a better service. Plus, it broadens their "international" space much wider. Although English is spoken almost anywhere, Spanish can also be utilzed in Spain, Brazil (they use Portuguese, but you could definitely get by) et al.
    French just seems so limited. But then again, so are they....
    Actually, French is the most widely spoken language in the world. But I agree that Spanish or Japanese probably would've been better for U.S. citizens. However, Alex & Simon seem to want to be European.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2935599;
    Actually, French is the most widely spoken language in the world. But I agree that Spanish or Japanese probably would've been better for U.S. citizens. However, Alex & Simon seem to want to be European.
    Actually if you google "most spoken languages" and go to infoplease, you will find that English is 2nd, Spanish is 4th and French is 10th. I checked several different sites and it seems they all say pretty much the same. Yes, these two want to be European and that is why they chose French as being their language of choice.

Geographic.org: puts English as 2, Spanish at 3, and French as 14.
    Last edited by Poohtz; 04-21-2008 at 08:14 PM.

So what's number 1??

I'm waiting for my 'duh!' moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2935699;
    So what's number 1??

I'm guessing it's Chinese (Mandarin). There's like a billion + people living in China. There are different dialects of Chinese, but I'm guessing it's Mandarin Chinese.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2935699;
    So what's number 1??

Well I am always here to inform...

Chinese/Mandarin is number 1.

I want to hear Frankie speak Chinese next!

Closed Thread