Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;2934954;
    Yeah, and here's another example of Alex's parroting Simon - when Ramona is yelling at Simon for ruining the 'girls night out' dinner party, Ramona asks Alex, "What? Aren't you ever allowed a girls night out?" and Alex just stops, looks at Simon, and Simon says, "She's allowed whatever she likes" and then Alex repeats, slowly, "I'm allowed whatever I like"...

As creepy as Simon is, Alex creeps me out even more. She's like a Stepford Wife reject.
    I hear you on that! It was so strange that she repeated what he said, but in a sing-song tone. Ugh! I can just hear it now! I would bet that Alex DID have a tumultous childhood, then she met Simon who treated her like a goddess and she never looked at other men again. Who cares what he looks like, the accent and the incessant compliments are all she needs to fulfill her inner ego and keep her married to him. No doubt, working to Victoria's Secret allows her to meet other men, but those men would bat an eyelash at her and she knows it. So she settled.
    I also found it interesting how they made such a big deal out of Simon leaving for those 9 days and "oh how are we ever going to live with out you" mentality, and then not a minute of those 9 days was aired. Where was Alex with no make-up, dirty clothes running after her kids while trying to make dinner?? Or yet, where was the shots of the nanny behaving that way while Alex coolly strolls in at 9pm just in time to give her precious angels a kiss before they go to sleep? Anyone? Anyone?

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2935268;
    leaving for those 9 days and "oh how are we ever going to live with out you" mentality, and then not a minute of those 9 days was aired. Where was Alex with no make-up, dirty clothes running after her kids while trying to make dinner?? :

I agree i found it quite ironic that none of the "time apart" was shown. Maybe that's when the secret affair with her other internet lover took place ??
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;2935299;
    I agree i found it quite ironic that none of the "time apart" was shown. Maybe that's when the secret affair with her other internet lover took place ??
    Wha?? Besides looking at herself all day on the internet? Do spill! I must have missed that!

luvsginger: too true! I guess I fixate on Alex and Simon because I know people like them, who act as if they are so engaged and attached to their children and each other when just the opposite is happening. They are an interesting case study.

Anyone notice that Alex told the man at the school that they both have awepairs..!! and then when Simon leaves she says they have the awepair during the day and mommy at night? I have only seen one girl with them.

"Au Pair"
    Last edited by misslada; 04-21-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2935311;
    luvsginger: too true! I guess I fixate on Alex and Simon because I know people like them, who act as if they are so engaged and attached to their children and each other when just the opposite is happening. They are an interesting case study.
    If I were to perform a case study about them, it would be centered about the obvious "Guilty Parenting Syndrome" they exhibit. I babysit a young boy, and to watch everything I teach him get thrown out the window the moment his parents arrive is just nuts. They are aware that they guilty parent and let him get away with any and everything with very little voice raising or appropriate punishments attached because they don't want to ruin the little time they have together. It SCREAMS of Alex and Simon. No discipline, no structure, no manners. I also find it interesting that Kid-Genius-Frankie didn't make it into the "prestigous" school Jill hooked them up with. To that, I tip my hat and say, "Have a slice of humble pie."

FORT Fanatic

He might have been accepted but Silex might have backed away from a $30,000 a year tuition.

Yowza! That's a big chunk of change. I love this from Lu Ann's blog:

"Jill would give you the shirt off her back
    Ramona would tear the shirt off your back
    Alex would buy the shirt off your back
    and Bethany would bake cookies on it if she could"

-LuAnn

I finally read Alex's blog. She's crazier than I thought. She explains the outcome of frankensh*t's tests in very basic terms (i.e. "he excelled in spatial relations) and then goes on to get condescending and dumb down to her " " audience and say "In English..." as if. Then she buttons it all with a brilliant "Tee hee". Tee hee to you, honey!

grrrrrr! on Simonie going away for 9 lousy days. Shame on me. I mean, really, it's so similar to the men and women who fight for our country...what a brave family they are.

Oh, and Count Chocula? If you don't like America, allow me to show you the door. FREAK!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2935375;
    Yowza! That's a big chunk of change. I love this from Lu Ann's blog:

"Jill would give you the shirt off her back
    Ramona would tear the shirt off your back
    Alex would buy the shirt off your back
    and Bethany would bake cookies on it if she could"

-LuAnn
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!
    squirrel please!!!!:nono