Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana;2934970;
    Wow! Good observation. That is a creepy parroting response.

Why do we never see Alex on the job...or at least near her job?
    She may not have gotten approval from Victoria's Secret to be filmed on the job. If they didn't give the approval (more likely, if Bravo wanted them to pay for exposure and they said no thanks) then they would have had to set Alex's filming schedule when she was off from work.

Watching the reruns to death (embarrassing), but now I can't seem to get away from Alex's little laugh of three (3) intakes of breath. It's a "heh, heh, heh"--- three intakes. Ick.

Does Alex really work for Victoria Secret?

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2934985;
    Watching the reruns to death (embarrassing), but now I can't seem to get away from Alex's little laugh of three (3) intakes of breath. It's a "heh, heh, heh"--- three intakes. Ick.
    My granddaughter thinks Simon laughs like Squidward on SpongeBob...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;2934993;
    Does Alex really work for Victoria Secret?
    Yes, in merchandising.

Here's another telling thing: Every single time someone confronts Simon with countering facts or says anything that is remotely questioning his "manners," he spasmodically clenches and unclenches his jaw. I bet he's an absolute control freak. Check out the clench when Ramona is confronting him about "girls night out." Check out the same clenching from him when Luanne (oh, she of ultimate "class") eventually does question him (at the holiday dinner) about why he showed up for girls' night.

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2935019;
    Here's another telling thing: Every single time someone confronts Simon with countering facts or says anything that is remotely questioning his "manners," he spasmodically clenches and unclenches his jaw. I bet he's an absolute control freak. Check out the clench when Ramona is confronting him about "girls night out." Check out the same clenching from him when Luanne (oh, she of ultimate "class") eventually does question him (at the holiday dinner) about why he showed up for girls' night.
    Oh, yes! I noticed this too! When LuAnn and Bethenny are talking to Alex and Simon about why he came to a girl's night out event, he is TOTALLY clenching his jaw over and over! LOL.
    Funny, I have TMJ, because I clench my teeth when I sleep, and recently had to get a night guard so that I don't ruin my jaw and teeth while I sleep. The TMJ doctor I saw measured my jaw muscles, and said that, normally, you should barely be able to see someone flex those muscles. If you constantly clench your jaw, you build up those muscles to the point where they pop out when you clench your jaw. So Simon must really be a clencher, because it wasn't even a close up in that scene and I could see his jaw muscles popping out of his head!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2932119;
    Ramona: no excuse to be an hour late with no phone call. And whether Alex/Simon are weird or not, screeching at them everytime they are around you does not impress anyone but yourself. I am done with this one, not interested anymore. I just get the "mean girl" 13 year old vibe from her daughter, who is learning from one of the best. I'm also freaked out by her eyes. It's not natural.
    I like the daughter when she is standing up to Ramona.

I have noticed the popping in Simon's jaw and I did notice when Alex repeated Simon's response to Ramona's question. What seems odd is the attraction to Simon by Alex. She seems like an intelligent woman and although I find her to be quite strange, I just dont get the attraction to Simon. He is beyond ugly, not a good provider, terrible father and has gay tendencies. Alex must have had trauma in her young life to be attracted and married to the likes of Simon. I hated when her response when asked why she brought her husband to an "all girls night". Her answer, "not everyone has a great marriage, like me". Alex was insinuating that the other women had bad marriages because they were at a girls night out without their husbands. When you have a strong marriage, you are secure enough to step out with the girls (or boys) without the threat of an extramarital relationship. When you have to drag your husband along, there is an obvious lack of trust. Alex also rambled something about "talking about vibrators in mixed company". Excuse me, but when I go out with my girlfriends, we dont talk about vibrators! We dont even talk about our husbands, we talk about ourselves or what ever the hell we want to talk about. Alex is in a terrible relationship and one day she will wake up and smell the coffee but until then, it's her problem,her issues and hopefully they dont affect her children anymore than they already have! The little laughs of "3" seems like some type of nervous twitch. I don't know what her background growing up was like, but obviously her family could not afford a dentist much less orthodontics. Alex and Simon's backyard and home look like they live like poor white trash and so I am thinking that is the way Alex was brought up. There must have been some serious abuse in her family judging by the way she allows Simon to control her and her lack of self confidence. Could be why she does not discipline her children at all, perhaps she had too much disciplining in her own life.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithDelight;2885726;
    I would bet my last dollar that it is Botox that is causing the blotchiness,plus her eyes are so wide open that she can't even blink. Those are the muscles which appear to be paralyzed-not a good thing, Ramona! That Botox is poison but yet people do this every single day. I thinbk Avery is just a lovely,poised,intelligent young lady with lovely manners and a sense of decorum and any parent would be proud to have her as a daughter.I feel badly for her when Ramona acts like a fool and jackass and pretends to be a "buddy" instead of a parent. Kids want a parent,and especially one to be proud of,who sets a good example. Ramona and LuAnn had better wake up. LuAnn should never lie to her children as she did to her son when she was going out for the evening. He loves his mother and he would like to have her home in the evening. His father is gone for weeks at a time and LuAnn is ,basically, the only parent he knows. A woman in her 40's going to clubs with her 2o year old niece just does not cut it for me.
    ITA about your comment on her eyes, blotchiness, and her acting like a jackass. I too, sleep well at night.

Closed Thread