Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;2929089;
    Yeah, it irks me that Alex and Simon brag about teaching Francois and Johan French, like only the sophisticated elite would think of such an idea, and they say it like they expect people's mouths to drop open at the mention of it. They were totally bragging about it to the staff of the private school they toured.

But it's relatively common, and not just in NYC. Times have changed since Alex was a kid in Kansas.

While I'm on the subject of Alex, does anyone else notice how she just parrots back sentiments to Simon? Simon says, while looking out over the ocean, 'This is beautiful, almost as beautiful as you' and Alex says, This is beautiful. Almost as beatiful as you...and...the...boys'. I've seen this happen several times on the show. Like she can't come up with her own thoughts, she just repeats what Simon tells her.
    I haven't noticed the parroting so guess I'll have to watch a rerun just to see for myself. Love it when we're given something new to watch for(and talk about) Thanks!
    Last edited by tvaholic; 04-18-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: add on

FORT Regular

I've noticed the parroting.

I actually thought you were talking about Francois.... cause here's a clue for Alex. Gifted kids don't just parrot back stuff you made them memorize. "alphabet frontwards or backwards" Gifted kids KNOW stuff you didn't teach them.

You're just a pushy parent.

And so what if he says, "I have an iguana in my shoe" in ten languages. Maybe you could teach him this: "My parents are idiots and I'm doomed." Teach it to him in Latin and Flemish.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by izdatayat;2929635;
    I've noticed the parroting.

I actually thought you were talking about Francois.... cause here's a clue for Alex. Gifted kids don't just parrot back stuff you made them memorize. "alphabet frontwards or backwards" Gifted kids KNOW stuff you didn't teach them.

You're just a pushy parent.

And so what if he says, "I have an iguana in my shoe" in ten languages. Maybe you could teach him this: "My parents are idiots and I'm doomed." Teach it to him in Latin and Flemish.
    Little F is smart enough to know that his parents do not speak french while in the french restaurant, so there is no reason for him to do so.
    If it were THAT important that HE order in french then mummy and duddy should be doing the same.
    I think it is what may be called Lead/teach by example.

Looking at the Bravo site for clips (hey, look, Count Alexandre actually exists! And in several clips, too) and the participants' Web sites is illuminating and fills in some gaps.

For example, go to Ramona's Web site (http{colon}//RamonaSinger.com/ - sorry, I can't post direct URLs yet) and check out the Gallery.

She has a "Girls Night Out" sub-gallery on there where you will find that ... the reason Ramona dresses the way she does is no doubt directly influenced by the fact that all her friends dress exactly the same way she does!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;2929089;
    While I'm on the subject of Alex, does anyone else notice how she just parrots back sentiments to Simon? Simon says, while looking out over the ocean, 'This is beautiful, almost as beautiful as you' and Alex says, This is beautiful. Almost as beatiful as you...and...the...boys'. I've seen this happen several times on the show. Like she can't come up with her own thoughts, she just repeats what Simon tells her.
    Yes! It's too creepy! I was under the impression that they planned out scripts for themselves before they had their filming sessions. Who talks like that in real life?!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WeezerTheGeezer;2930103;
    Yes! It's too creepy! I was under the impression that they planned out scripts for themselves before they had their filming sessions. Who talks like that in real life?!
    makes them look even more like posers
    I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2929143;
    oh my gosh...finally some posters who see that living in nyc isnt so great...paying 10s of thousands of dollars for what most of the rest of the country get for free....living in a highrise where you cant even grill out a burger, so a $40 dollar hamburger seems like a treat...the one thing i got from this show is that these people are filled with hate and greed and jealously...more so than any other reality show ive watched... the show is called real housewives of nyc, i think jill was the first and only one to introduce the word socialite into the mix, i guess she wanted america to believe she was a socialite, uhh, didnt work....in simon and alex defense i dont think they ever said they were socialites...they are however idiots, maybe they are doing the best they can, who knows...ramona has issues, her husband is afraid of her, i bet she can go nutso at the drop of a hat, im sure there is alot of eggshell walking in that house hold....bethenney, could have a drinking problem, and is making one last stab at snaring a man before her clock runs out...for her a child would be a meal ticket....luanne, yeah i thought the same thing, a countes named luanne...must be royality laughing somewhere, would it have been to hard to just drop the lu and go with anne...shes just no. 4 not the first, probably not the last...all in all it was a fun show to snark at...
    Yes, living in NYC is the pits,unless you like that type of lifestyle,and GOD go with you if you do. It is true-the prices are horrible and you can not grill a hamburger there-you have to purchase it at a horrendous price. What greed and hate? These people are NO DIFFERENT than some people I work with. Human nature is that-"human nature". You will always find envy,greed,lust,sloth,gluttony ,wrath and pride-the 7 sins- and you are speaking of every single living being who ever was, is, or will be as having at least one of those if not more. You are as guilty as I am. Jill is a smart ,sharp woman who has a great marriage,is happy with Bobby and has a lovely young daughter who has lovely manners and has, obviously, been well reared.AND,Jill is also trying to install the work ethic in Allyson so she will realize that the perks she enjoys come from hard work,and not handed to Jill and Bobby on a platter.m I think Simon and AQlex are totally harmless-they love their children,want the best for them,and ,like Alex said, every parent thinks their child is a genius. This is so true! They are just a average couple who want to be a little more than they are,but they seem happy together and get along well,and they do love each other a lot. Nothing wrong with that.They need to get a firm hand on the boys though and not allow them to ride slipshod as Francoise was doing in the restaurant. At that point,you should excuse yourself, take the little one to the restroom,and set him straight . Trust me, it works! That way you do not embarrass the child by yelling at him in public,and you do not embarrass yourself either.Mario is NOT afraid of Ramona,by no means. I am a woman and I could see the glint of steel in his eyes,and watch his jaw tighten and set when she tries to push Avery into acting.Watch that episode again. Mario is no pushover,and don't kid yourself. Just because a male has nice manners, appears gracious and easy going, does not mean he is a sap. Bethenny "COULD" have a drinking problem?????? Bethenny DOES have a huge problem which is becoming more and more evident,and she will never be the next Martha Stewart so she had better get used to the idea. If I were Jason, I would run like the wind! Bethenny had better read up on the subject of alcohol and the fetus, just in case she becomes pregnant. LuAnn comes from humble roots right here in Ct,on the Berlin Turnpike in fact. I wish she remember them when she treats her housekeeper like a slavel Everyone's children are nice-the boys are still little and they will push the envelope as far as they can.All kids are the same-they have to learn,and learning takes time. Ages 4 and 2 are a handful!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2926896;
    all you have to do is look at jills husband to see that she is in it for the money, he may be the nicest man in the world but for someone like jill who is so materialistic and concerned about her own appearence, im sure if he didnt have money he wouldnt have her either.....i bet jill used to work for his furniture business as a book keeper or sales person, then broke up his marriage and landed a shark..i would also bet her husband has had a vasectomy (pre jill) or she would have had a child with him, a little insurance uhhh .. what i meant to say was, what a great show of love it would have been for her to have had his child!
    I think that Bobby is great! And,,,there is absolutely nothing wrong with a man who does not look like Brad Pitt,or Leonardo DeCaprio. This is life! never judge a book by it's cover! Is Bobby good looking? ABSOUTELY? Is Bobby a mantinee idol? No,and who cares! Bobby is just a really good guy and ,any woman can see that Jill loves him a lot! There is nothing wrong with a woman being concerned about her appearance,and Jill ALSO works and she is entitled to have some spending money. What is wrong with that? Jill is happy with Allyson and I doubt if she wanted more children. Remember,,,,you can do more for one than for 2,or 3,or more. Jill needs no "insurance" from anyone-she can make it on her own. Trust me, this is a smart,sharp,woman,who is more than able to nicely provide for her child and herself if push comes to shove. These days women do NOT need a man in order to be independent-why do you think that 99% of most widows,like myself, never remarry? You go ,Jill!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2923198;
    jill..golddigger
    luanne...golddigger
    bethenny...golddigger wanna be
    ramona...mental patient escaped
    alex...playboy centerfold, in another life
    Jill-smart,sharp,goodlooking woman who is not afraid to show her love for Bobby and Allyson. Jill is NO GOLDDIGGER! She pulls her own weight.

LuAnne-she made money as a model-she is a lovely looking lady.

Ramona-wishes she was 30 again but,then,so do a lot of people I know!

Bethenny-has her own money,probably a lot more than Jason,so that probably makes JASON the "golddigger" here. She existed quite nicely,and not in poverty, before he appeared on the scene. I think she is the one being taken for a ride,especially now that he is unemployed.

Alex-harmless and a lot less backstabbing than Ramona and LuAnne. She is not a bad looking woman.

FORT Fanatic

I hate to say it, but I am going to miss this show. Well not so much the show as being able to come on here and gossip about the characters. I just wonder, what will I do with all my spare time now???

Closed Thread