Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I can't wait for the reunion show, either. One thing that concerns me is if the children of the "housewives" were aloud to watch the show, particularly, Avery. I'm sure she already knows her mother is wacked (crack is wack) but to see Ramona on TV along with millions of other people must be so humiliating for her. That's something Ramona will never understand. Her antics have embarrassed Avery to death on more than one occasion. And Mario...Mario....Mario. Why don't you tell Ramona to shut her pie hole once in awhile???

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;2928968;
    I'm excited to see the reunion episode! Looks like Jill lets Ramona have it from the previews...

I'm new here but have been watching this show and have a few rants to get off my chest - of course I'll start with Alex and Simon!

It is so funny how they think that teaching the kids French is so chic. I live in very un-chic Minnesota, where our city's PUBLIC school system has a French immersion program. My daughter attends and speaks fluent French. These programs are all over the country. My cousin's kids are in the Spanish immersion program in the next suburb over. Gasp! SUBURB! LOL. And it's FREE. They need to teach Francois some manners. I can't believe they let him attack someone else's dinner like that. Crazy!

Simon is so creepy but I'm glad because it makes the show so much more interesting. I love Bethenny's description of him - Rico Suave meets James Bond. LOL! Bethenny is a drunken lunatic, but is witty and I like her. She is very entertaining to watch. I also like Jill.

Countess LuAnn? LOL. Anyone named LuAnn certainly marries into nobility, eh? Where's Count Cletus and Duke Billy Bob? She needs to get over this whole Countess thing, and whether people call her Mrs. such and such vs. LuAnn. It matters so much to her because her title is all she has. Seems like the Count (one! one Count! Ha ha ha! - Sesame St reference for y'all) is hardly ever around and she doesn't seem to mind. As long as she can still be called Countess.

Ramona. Holy crap. She is the worst of 'em. When she talks her eyes are practically falling out of her head. She is excrutiatingly intense. Her mantra of 'don't rely on men for anything' is getting extremely tiresome. It's time for a good dose of therapy, Ramona. I can't wait to see Jill tell her like it is on the reunion episode!
    YOU are HILLarious Thanks so very much!

and like you I agree that yes there is better school systems in many places other than NY CITY , I do not live in Manhattan or "posh" LOL Brooklyn, but where I live ALL the elementary schools - yes including the public schools- have either immersion programs, after school elective language programs or simply Community Houses children programs where not only Italian, French and Spanish are offered for free but in a couple of places Chinese -choices of Mandarin and Cantonese- as well as Persian are part of the choices for the children - as amatter of fact my daughter speaks Mandarin fluently and have done so since she was two -all because her little girlfriend a chinese doll and her grandma kindly speak to my daughter only in Mandarin- last year My DD (dear daughter ) started to take formal classes to learn how to write it - and yes it is for FREE - they gave her a place in the Saturday classes of the Chinese Center after testing advanced conversational Mandarin - do I gloat yes I do - I am proud of her as we are not Asian .

DO I think she is a genius NO she is bright and I adore her - but SHE WAS JUST LUCKY - and all of this happened ....gasp the horror... somewhere else other than Manhattan or posh Brooklyn (let me laugh here again LOL ....

Yeah, it irks me that Alex and Simon brag about teaching Francois and Johan French, like only the sophisticated elite would think of such an idea, and they say it like they expect people's mouths to drop open at the mention of it. They were totally bragging about it to the staff of the private school they toured.

But it's relatively common, and not just in NYC. Times have changed since Alex was a kid in Kansas.

While I'm on the subject of Alex, does anyone else notice how she just parrots back sentiments to Simon? Simon says, while looking out over the ocean, 'This is beautiful, almost as beautiful as you' and Alex says, This is beautiful. Almost as beatiful as you...and...the...boys'. I've seen this happen several times on the show. Like she can't come up with her own thoughts, she just repeats what Simon tells her.

FORT Fan

oh my gosh...finally some posters who see that living in nyc isnt so great...paying 10s of thousands of dollars for what most of the rest of the country get for free....living in a highrise where you cant even grill out a burger, so a $40 dollar hamburger seems like a treat...the one thing i got from this show is that these people are filled with hate and greed and jealously...more so than any other reality show ive watched... the show is called real housewives of nyc, i think jill was the first and only one to introduce the word socialite into the mix, i guess she wanted america to believe she was a socialite, uhh, didnt work....in simon and alex defense i dont think they ever said they were socialites...they are however idiots, maybe they are doing the best they can, who knows...ramona has issues, her husband is afraid of her, i bet she can go nutso at the drop of a hat, im sure there is alot of eggshell walking in that house hold....bethenney, could have a drinking problem, and is making one last stab at snaring a man before her clock runs out...for her a child would be a meal ticket....luanne, yeah i thought the same thing, a countes named luanne...must be royality laughing somewhere, would it have been to hard to just drop the lu and go with anne...shes just no. 4 not the first, probably not the last...all in all it was a fun show to snark at...

Yeah, NYC is a great city, but there are many people, myself included, who would rather live elsewhere. Seems like a lot of these 'socialites' don't really get that.

It's also interesting to notice that the pseudo-wealthy are so much more annoying than those that are truly wealthy. The truly wealthy don't have anything to prove, they don't have to 'fake it to make it'. Watching this show, you can tell who the fakers are right off the bat - those that are trying so hard to get everyone to notice their 'status' - Alex and LuAnn. Both have to 'remind' people of how wonderful and important they are. They weren't born into wealth or status and they only achieved it by posing or marrying into it (or both in Alex's case).

Kind of like how Warren Buffet lives in Omaha and drives an older car. He's the richest guy in the world, he has nothing to prove to anyone at this point. But those that you see showing off their C Class Mercedes and having to show off the labels on their designer clothes, you know they are putting it all on credit and really pushing the limits of what they can afford.

My little ANAL-ysis, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2929143;
    oh my gosh...finally some posters who see that living in nyc isnt so great...paying 10s of thousands of dollars for what most of the rest of the country get for free....living in a highrise where you cant even grill out a burger, so a $40 dollar hamburger seems like a treat...the one thing i got from this show is that these people are filled with hate and greed and jealously...more so than any other reality show ive watched... the show is called real housewives of nyc, i think jill was the first and only one to introduce the word socialite into the mix, i guess she wanted america to believe she was a socialite, uhh, didnt work....in simon and alex defense i dont think they ever said they were socialites...they are however idiots, maybe they are doing the best they can, who knows...ramona has issues, her husband is afraid of her, i bet she can go nutso at the drop of a hat, im sure there is alot of eggshell walking in that house hold....bethenney, could have a drinking problem, and is making one last stab at snaring a man before her clock runs out...for her a child would be a meal ticket....luanne, yeah i thought the same thing, a countes named luanne...must be royality laughing somewhere, would it have been to hard to just drop the lu and go with anne...shes just no. 4 not the first, probably not the last...all in all it was a fun show to snark at...

Really?

I did not get that any of them were filled with HATE and GREED.
    I'm not even sure about the jealousy part either.
    You have very strong words to describe them.
    Last edited by taffina; 04-18-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Please remember that our rules clearly state that you cannot make comments about your fellow FORT members. Keep the conversation to the people on the TV screen without trying to psychoanalyze anyone else in the thread.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular

The more I hear Luann refer to her husband as
    "The Count" (What is the poor guy's real name?), the more bizarre and pretentious and tacky it sounds.

My friends...or spouse...
    "The doctor"
    "The mailman"
    "The Indian Cheif"

Weird!

"The Count" is so anachronistic.

I know! LOL! When she talks about her husband, "the Count" I imagine that she is married to the purple puppet from Sesame Street that looks like Dracula and wears a monicle as he goes around counting things and laughing.

It must get annoying after awhile, always counting and laughing. Poor LuAnn.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2928387;
    I have had fun with the snark on these two. I have said from the beginning that I thought she was a SAHM and her website says that she did do just that from the time that Little F was born until recently. She just reminds me of someone that prefers the organic foods, worn jeans, gauze smock and birkenstocks, like a left over hippie wanna-be vs. a wardrobe/school/vacation/language name dropping bi-otch.
    I do not think either one has a higher education degree, even though they seem well traveled.
    I would guess that Alex's time "living abroad" included a backpack and more then several nights in a youth hostile. Not that there is anything wrong with ANY of this!!
    I would rather see the REAL Alex, instead of the "Let's network at the Met" faker.
    I could not agree more. Putting on false pretenses must get very exhausting. This couple is much more suited for Supernanny. Bring on Jo Jo.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Closed Thread