Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;2924009;
    Oh Hell Yeah!

nypost.com/seven/04162008/tv/jersey_wives_106719.

<<< April 16, 2008 --

FIVE New Jersey home makers are poised to be come Bravo's newest reality stars.

The five will be seen in "Real Housewives of New Jersey," a new series inspired by Bravo's two other "Housewives" series - "Real Housewives of Orange County" and "Real Housewives of New York City."

The new "Housewives" is already in production in a New Jersey community Bravo officials refused to identify at a press breakfast held yesterday at Craft restaurant in Manhattan to announce the network's new shows.

In addition to announcing renewals of both "Orange County" (for a fourth season) and "New York City" (for a second), Bravo showed a brief clip from the new "New Jersey" series, a show that's "like 'The Sopranos' but without the mafia," as one Bravo exec described it privately.

In the clip, reporters were introduced to "Danielle" and "Dina."

Danielle, a divorcee who appeared to be in her 40s, revealed a hard-partying, hedonistic past, claiming to have had steamy makeout sessions with Mick Jagger and Prince. She rated Prince the better kisser. "I was surprised by that because Mick has those lips," she said.

She also said she has an ex-husband who is very rich and that she was engaged 19 times before she got married.

Dina, who also seemed over 40, showed off the heavily decorated interior of her modest suburban home.

"Everything is onyx, which is ridiculous to put in a regular house," she conceded.

Bravo officials wouldn't say when "Real Housewives of New Jersey" would premiere. >>>

My two favorite obsessions in one - Real Housewives and The Sopranos!!!

Oh yes - I'm a happy girl today.

Maid
    Well, I don't know, but I think that Bravo may be going a little over the top with the "Housewives" franchise. I, personally, have no interest in anyone from New Jersey, although I'm sure it is a lovely state with much to offer it's citizens. Could this possibly be an instinctive gut reaction to the loss of Project Runway, and not a well thought out business decision? Just musing out loud on my keyboard...
    Susan

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Oh Hell Yeah!

nypost.com/seven/04162008/tv/jersey_wives_106719.

<<< April 16, 2008 --

FIVE New Jersey home makers are poised to be come Bravo's newest reality stars.

The five will be seen in "Real Housewives of New Jersey," a new series inspired by Bravo's two other "Housewives" series - "Real Housewives of Orange County" and "Real Housewives of New York City."

The new "Housewives" is already in production in a New Jersey community Bravo officials refused to identify at a press breakfast held yesterday at Craft restaurant in Manhattan to announce the network's new shows.

In addition to announcing renewals of both "Orange County" (for a fourth season) and "New York City" (for a second), Bravo showed a brief clip from the new "New Jersey" series, a show that's "like 'The Sopranos' but without the mafia," as one Bravo exec described it privately.

In the clip, reporters were introduced to "Danielle" and "Dina."

Danielle, a divorcee who appeared to be in her 40s, revealed a hard-partying, hedonistic past, claiming to have had steamy makeout sessions with Mick Jagger and Prince. She rated Prince the better kisser. "I was surprised by that because Mick has those lips," she said.

She also said she has an ex-husband who is very rich and that she was engaged 19 times before she got married.

Dina, who also seemed over 40, showed off the heavily decorated interior of her modest suburban home.

"Everything is onyx, which is ridiculous to put in a regular house," she conceded.

Bravo officials wouldn't say when "Real Housewives of New Jersey" would premiere. >>>

My two favorite obsessions in one - Real Housewives and The Sopranos!!!

Oh yes - I'm a happy girl today.

Maid

OMG I am not going to get anything done EVER!

All my charities will suffer as I will not be able to make enough time away for the Tv to counsel potential Condoleezas

My Opera tickets will be wasted in the oblivious world of my moroccan dresser host of my hot rolls boxes

Fashion Week this coming fall will have not place in my busy social ahem TV watching calendar

All of those fancy cooking that I do for thousand of dollars will not happen at all

oh gosh oh gosh

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander;2922991;
    LuAnn to African American homeless woman after she put on her interview pantsuit: "You've got that Condoleezza Rice thing going on"
    I was not surprised. In her blog, Luann addressed accusations of her being a snob by saying something like, "I am native american, so I consider myself very down to earth" .... wtf? Like, "I'm native american, so obviously I'm not better than anyone" ....

I repeat, she locks up all her stuff whenever Cyclone comes for the breakdancing lessons....

That paste-face little FrawnkSewer child is simply the result of bad genes. And that whole Alex/Simon family lives like a bunch of rats in their hovel. Get your teeth fixed, Alex. And your face while you're at it. Put it on the Visa card with your opera tickets, and pay by the month if you have to. Your dinner conversation about "class" is so revealing. You have no grace, no authenticity, no brains to speak of.

You are a poseur, not that you'd be able to correctly spell the word, i.e. "a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one".

One word covers you and yours: PUKE.

By the way, LaLaAn, if one of my employees conducted an interview with such obvious lack of skill, we'd be having a come to jesus. You are useless. That poor girl at the "charity" place actually could have used a little real help, and you did nothing but make an ass of yourself while wasting her precious time. Come to think of it, if you were paid to do that work, you'd be fired.

FORT Regular

Oh Hell Yeah!

Bravo officials wouldn't say when "Real Housewives of New Jersey" would premiere. >

Maid
    ONYX??!! There is a god!!!!

FORT Fan

Anyone notice below Francois' eyes are dark and swollen? That kid needs some Flintstone's vitamins and a big meal. He LOOKS hungry!

FORT Newbie

I was also blown away by Franswa's attacking Jason's food, and neither simon or alex stepping in pronto (that's an Italian word) to rein that kid in -and in medieval fashion, to boot, as my husband and I would say.

Other observations ....

It's not unusual for kids to be all over candy, and we go thru our share, but not so much that I have ever had to plan out my kids' sugar levels for a particular event (the school evaluation).

word on what weird little corduoroy (I don't even know how to spell it) outfit was Franswa wearing, indeed?

I think Bravo probably aired the only acceptable comment out of Avery's mouth at the dinner. And I'm sure they cut the "barbie dress" comment in half at that. Ramona's child is going to beg for boarding school soon.

The whole drama about alex and simon separating for 9 days like he was leaving for Iraq, plus Simon's description of cancer, is too much. Heaven spare us the talks on religion, sex, potty training ...we'd probably be horrified.

I think the catch phrase of this episode was:

I don't hold grudges!

Seems like I heard everyone say it at one time or another.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Well, the season is over, however I am TRULY looking forward to the Reunion show. It could be the editing, but just to watch SOMEONE tell Ramona the obvious (that she's an idiot et al) is something I might have to save on my DVR forever. Which is why I love Jill so much. She just puts it out there (tactfully) and moves on. I can tell that this show revolved around her in the manner that she brought the ladies she knows in her circle into this arena to self promote or self destruct. Maybe her thinking was that if Ramona actually saw her madness on the screen, she might make some hard changes to her already severly flawed personality. In my opinion, Jill is the only one of all the housewives, (NY and OC) that didn't come off bad at all. Not even once. Well, maybe the nose licking incident by Ginger, but that's it!
    I re-watched the finale today and noticed that when Alex brought up the vibrator topic, Simon is heard in the background with the most demonic laugh! Listen for it next time. It's truly disturbing. And I agree that Frank-en-baby is a product of bad genes. He has his mother's pasty skin tone and his father's Louis Vuitton's. And as much as they spend on clothes, the little suit that he wore (both when Simon was leaving and at the eval) looks straight outta Goodwill. And it's sad to say that we'll see it again on little Johan. tsk tsk. They seriously need to stop buying so many hideous clothes for themselves and fix the floors and such. Can you imagine those poor kids learning how to walk over lifting, splintered wood floors? It's an ER visit waiting to happen daily. Their priorities are SO out of whack!
    I gotta give props to Bethenny for giving the most entertaining scene recaps. She's hysterical when she imitates Jill, and she's spot on. I love how honest she is (something we never saw with the OC women who chose to talk behind the other's backs) even if it is brutal and out of place sometimes. I always dig an honest person who will tell it like it is. So Jill and Bethenny are in my book.
    Ramona is a mix between Vicki and Tamra (hottest housewife) in my book and I can't stand either of them so that summarizes my opinion in a nutshell. And on a final note, none of them really seemed like "Socialites" in my opinion. They just seemed like the NY version of wealthier OC Housewives. I was expecting more schmoozing and event involvement and day to day schedules of "Socialites" that are in the same hand, Philanthropists. On to the Reunion!

Closed Thread