Closed Thread
Page 101 of 440 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4400
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Bee;2923252;
    Meh, point taken, but at least she--and her husband--are contributing to charity in some capacity. Even if she's not as hands on as she implies, she and her husband are well known supporters of philanthropic causes, which is a lot more than can be said for the others. None of the other women on this show, or the Housewives of OC, for that matter, have ever been shown doing charity work. I can't even remember anyone else MENTIONING charity work, with the exception of Alex and the tax deductible opera tickets.

Edited to add: I've been directly involved with several charities for years and couldn't tell you the director of operations at any of them. Granted, I'm not as "high up" in terms of support as LuAnn states she is, but still... some of the bigger charities have tons of people involved and even people who have been there a long time have never met the people in charge.

I understand that one does not have to know everybody and anybody - and while I am involved in charities as well - at another level - and l I do not know the staff of all of them- yes I am in a few - and as a matter of fact in a couple of Boards I do not even know the main players in terms of administrative duties, for the couple that are quite close to my heart as the " Countess" ( -can't help to giggle - here- ) stated , I know the people that directly operates the facilities . Furthermore YOU HAVE to know them if you want direct contact with the people the charity serves. That is for the places I actually visit more often than not

Just saying

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2923288;
    I could be wrong, but I thought I had heard that Jill does major charity work. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe she just doesn't need to pat her own back for doing so.
    Hi Poohtz either that or the charities that Jill's sponsor do not like privacy intrusive cameras rolling around and exposing the shortcomings and liabilities of their proteges - which is in my book quite commendable

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by LilyBetencourt;2923322;
    I understand that one does not have to know everybody and anybody - and while I am involved in charities as well - at another level - and l I do not know the staff of all of them- yes I am in a few - and as a matter of fact in a couple of Boards I do not even know the main players in terms of administrative duties, for the couple that are quite close to my heart as the " Countess" ( -can't help to giggle - here- ) stated , I know the people that directly operates the facilities . Furthermore YOU HAVE to know them if you want direct contact with the people the charity serves. That is for the places I actually visit more often than not

Just saying
    Oh Lily babe, are we supposed to believe that? What is your title dear? Ok, sorry I love being a smart alec.

I have to say that LuAnn hugging and shaking hands with these people, well my gosh it brought tears to my eyes, I bet these low-lifes never thought they would be honored with such greatness!

I bet she didn't tell them to call her Mrs. Dipitydo, because she was probably afraid they would find out where she lives and rob them for drug money.

Wait a minute. Alex HAS a nickname for Francois? It's " F " ??????

That's how she addresses him in her Bravo.com blog.

F ????

lol, as BethN&E would say "What the F?"

And was that a leisure suit she put on that kid? Oh my...

Maid

and just found this on Jill's Blog:

"Yesterday, Bravo announced Season 2 of the The Real Housewives of New York City. I would love to know if you want to see the Zarin Family back? We filmed the reunion special last week and I promise you will not be disappointed!

See you Tuesday night at 9 p.m.! (not 10 p.m.!)"

there.is.a.god
    Please bring back ALL of the housewives/families for Season 2!!! And make it a longer season
    Last edited by Maidstone; 04-16-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added more info

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;2923348;

And was that a leisure suit she put on that kid? Oh my...

Maid

I wonder if that was one of Simons suits that shrunk when it got washed, you see they don't have the money for drycleaning. Poor F.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2923344;
    Oh Lily babe, are we supposed to believe that? What is your title dear? Ok, sorry I love being a smart alec.

I have to say that LuAnn hugging and shaking hands with these people, well my gosh it brought tears to my eyes, I bet these low-lifes never thought they would be honored with such greatness!

I bet she didn't tell them to call her Mrs. Dipitydo, because she was probably afraid they would find out where she lives and rob them for drug money.
    That's Countess Dipitydo, thank you very much.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo Dancer;2923388;

That's Countess Dipitydo, thank you very much.
    Point taken, forgive me your majesty.

FORT Newbie

Somewhat embarrassed to say that I have been watching. These people cannot be real! I find it interesting that Alex and Simon can pay 10,000 for season at the Met, but not finish remodeling! It appears that Francois has ADD or Hyperactivity, he acts exactly like my nephew with the same diagnosis who has been raised wih adults and is above-average intelligence.

Do they actually get paid to do this series?

Andy, yes, Alex needs her teeth fixed!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DPGirl;2923413;
    It appears that Francois has ADD or Hyperactivity,
    I don't think F's diet has anything to do with his behavior...

I noticed Alex and Simon let their boys eat alot of candy. Sugar in some kids diet can make them act very hyper.

Closed Thread