jill..golddigger
    luanne...golddigger
    bethenny...golddigger wanna be
    ramona...mental patient escaped
    alex...playboy centerfold, in another life

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2923140;
    one more thing, the 21 club was made out to be a 5 star place, whos get a hamburger, im pretty sure it wasnt kobe beef, was mcdonalds closed or were alex and simon picking up the check, it looked like a dive on tv...
    21 is famous for their burgers; it wasn't weird that Bethenny ordered it for her boyfriend.

I loved that Francois' belt had "Trouble" written on the back, that Ramona still has a bare grasp on the English language, and Bethenny's weird track friend who bought her lingerie for her birthday. That last party was obviously a Bravo set-up, but it did yield some fun moments, like Noel's profession that he'd look good as a blond.

One question: have we ever seen The Count? I can't remember seeing him at all and I'm wondering if he exists.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by LilyBetencourt;2923165;
    Sorry to say I totally disagree when one is TRULY involved in a charity and has - as they portrayed her for the video OP- a direct involvement with it - A person doing that work KNOWS the Director of OPERATIONS of the Charity particularly if he holds that post for 6 years!!!
    I have to agree Lily. I was wondering, has LuAnn ever interviewed professionals for a business? I know she has interviewed maids and such. The thing is, I would think they would want someone to do the mock interview that knows what HR in a specific field would be looking for, so they could help them with the specific things that would help them get a job in that field.

As for the braids, yes they were cute for an average day, but LuAnn should have told her they were not right for an interview. I can't wait to see Conde in braids, I bet she is cute as a button too, you know she will be wanting them now that she knows that LuAnn approves.

OH and shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell people too much about your private life and that you were a drug addict, nope, let them see on TV.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2923213;

One question: have we ever seen The Count? I can't remember seeing him at all and I'm wondering if he exists.

Oh we have seen the count a few times, but remember, he is busy with his "other" families.

FORT Newbie

Sorry to say I totally disagree when one is TRULY involved in a charity and has - as they portrayed her for the video OP- a direct involvement with it - A person doing that work KNOWS the Director of OPERATIONS of the Charity particularly if he holds that post for 6 years!!!

That is no what I saw - the old man founder of the Charity -" friend of LuAnn" most likely friend of the cOunt introduced the Director of Operations to LUAnn the newbie volunteer OK

So while credit is due to her husband for all the good his awesomely profitable affairs do around the world LuAnn is not exactly doing the same unless cameras are around
    Meh, point taken, but at least she--and her husband--are contributing to charity in some capacity. Even if she's not as hands on as she implies, she and her husband are well known supporters of philanthropic causes, which is a lot more than can be said for the others. None of the other women on this show, or the Housewives of OC, for that matter, have ever been shown doing charity work. I can't even remember anyone else MENTIONING charity work, with the exception of Alex and the tax deductible opera tickets.

Edited to add: I've been directly involved with several charities for years and couldn't tell you the director of operations at any of them. Granted, I'm not as "high up" in terms of support as LuAnn states she is, but still... some of the bigger charities have tons of people involved and even people who have been there a long time have never met the people in charge.
    Last edited by Killah Bee; 04-16-2008 at 01:38 PM.

FORT Fan

Re: Alex' bringing up vibrators into the conversation with Bethenny, Luann and Simon.
    Was that an admission that she has one? More likely, needs one? And didn't it look like Simon, the tool, was getting all giggly and hoping that the conversation would continue in that vein? Oh, he's so proud of his witty urbane spouse.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2923213;
    Don't worry! Luann's chasing him down in Switzerland! She'll make sure he puts in an appearance for Season Two.

FORT Fogey

That is no what I saw - the old man founder of the Charity -" friend of LuAnn" most likely friend of the cOunt introduced the Director of Operations to LUAnn the newbie volunteer OK

So while credit is due to her husband for all the good his awesomely profitable affairs do around the world LuAnn is not exactly doing the same unless cameras are around

That scene was clearly a set up, and intended to do one of two things. Either it was meant to say "Oh isn't LuAnn wonderful she does so much charity work" when she really does not. OR, it was done to get exposure on national TV for a charity that LuAnn does believe in and does do work for. If the second option is true, the work that she does is most likely of the fundraising capacity, which would make sense for a person of her stature. (get wealthy people to agree to raise money for you from their wealthy friends, and they'll give money themselves) But if they showed her doing that, it would make for boring TV that wouldn't leave much of an impact in expsoure for the charity. So they set it up so that LuAnn is doing something that she normally does not do. Doing so ensures that the national audience sees exactly what SoHo House does, and who is helped. She may well have met the director of the organization 100 times. But they could have done the intro for the audience -- pretending it was for LuAnn.

Let's be fair here - the show can't be very scripted and set up and still be held to all the expectations and standards of realism.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Bee;2923252;
    Even if she's not as hands on as she implies, she and her husband are well known supporters of philanthropic causes, which is a lot more than can be said for the others. .

I could be wrong, but I thought I had heard that Jill does major charity work. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe she just doesn't need to pat her own back for doing so.

Sacre Bleu!!! That creepy child has been spoiled by his parents since birth,if not they would insist he eat more than candy and plain pasta. His dental bills will cost Simon a few opera tickets. The kangaroo was not eating the burger ,Frankie was killing it. Such is his hatred for real food! They had better watch him he will try to kill Johann next. If he were mine he would be 20 before he'd see the inside of a restaurant again. His IQ or lack of is the least of their problems. Betheny is weird, I would have impaled her hand with a fork had she spoke to me like that.

Closed Thread