Closed Thread
Page 10 of 440 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by robespierre;2853119;
    Can it be that these high society ladies never have an intelligent coversation? Has BRAVO simply edited out any such "reality"? I'd assume some of them are limousine liberals and a at least occassionally discuss events in the real world. I simply refuse to believe that the "housefraus" are this superficial and ordinary real life. Indeed, their kids appear more grounded and more literate, no doubt a result of K to 12 private academy education.

Imagine, that despite all those private tennis courts and high priced tennis pros, the women apparently cannot even play their preferred sport at a low intermediate level. BRV showed only snippets of their heralded grudge matches, which appeared so low in quaity as to obivate the need to show any actual ponts. Sad indeed.

Yes, I believe the network tried here to make a politcal statement under the guise of a mere "reality" show.

You make an interesting point but I'm not sure I really want to hear them discussing politics. Maybe I am just shallow that way but I really don't care what they think. I love watching the glitz and the glam, and going with them to places I don't go. I admit it, I'm not rich like they are! So there, I said it.

Ramona sadly seems to be grooming her daughter for a rocky future telling her to grow up and make "a lot of money". I am a bit saddened that a child that age would say that instead of saying she wants to grow up, do something important, make a difference, have a career that is fulfilling and meaningful, etc....That's where I see the dark side in all this. Mario is a great dad taking his daughter to school every day. I'm starting to understand why Avery is nothing like her mom. That's probably a good thing. A young kid should NOT like "Dolce" anyway.

By the way, I am now pretty certain that Ramona has a good deal of her OWN money. I correct myself on my earlier speculation.

Ramona and Mario do have friends in the movie industry and they were photographed at Marty Richards' birthday bash, the same guy who just sold his Southampton home for a cool $65 million, allegedly to Tiger Woods who is claiming not to be the anonymous buyer. Interesting. It's Ramona's dream for her daughter to have a career in entertainment though and poor Avery seems trapped.

What some of these ladies are missing are good old fashioned values, the kind that bring deep satisfaction of the things that life gives you. It's not all about money. We can be certain of this.
    Last edited by tictac; 03-19-2008 at 09:45 AM.

FORT Fan

for someone on the fringes of the fashion industry (buying last years cloths to resale ) i cant believe how bad ramona looked when she went to the fashion show, her hair and makeup, and clothes were a disaster...and did anyone see her walk, she waddled from side to side, and im sure if someone patted her on the back her eyes would pop out of her head...her husband must be the one who has instilled the value of education in their daughter, he seems to have some sense..i was starting to like jill a little then her real personality started coming out, what a bit@h, they are all horrible women, and now the whole world knows....why exactly was jill even going to the fashion show..she said to support the designer..how would that help him, wouldnt he be better served if someone in the fashion industry wore his cloths to the show, instead of her, he should have given ramona some cloths for the show, then she wouldnt have had to wear last years fashion, that will soon be gracing the shelves of walmart...she needs a make over, starting with her hair...i dont have enough time to diss these women like they should be, what a disaster....
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 03-19-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2853215;
    for someone on the fringes of the fashion industry (buying last years cloths to resale ) i cant believe how bad ramona looked when she went to the fashion show, her hair and makeup, and clothes were a disaster...and did anyone see her walk, she waddled from side to side, and im sure if someone patted her on the back her eyes would pop out of her head...her husband must be the one who has instilled the value of education in their daughter, he seems to have some sense..i was starting to like jill a little then her real personality started coming out, what a bit@h, they are all horrible women, and now the whole world knows....why exactly was jill even going to the fashion show..she said to support the designer..how would that help him, wouldnt he be better served if someone in the fashion industry wore his cloths to the show, instead of her, he should have given ramona some cloths for the show, then she wouldnt have had to wear last years fashion, that will soon be gracing the shelves of walmart...she needs a make over, starting with her hair...i dont have enough time to diss these women like they should be, what a disaster....

Wait, I could have sworn Ramona said Luca Luca let her and her buddy borrow outfits to wear to the show! That should have been the current stuff and on loan....which suggests she has a little pull with Luca Luca enough to have a seat changed from the front row to the second row??? Possible but I don't really know. She DOES look a mess though! Her hair is fried and she doesn't resemble any of the photo shopped pictures all over the place that show the women of the show.

You noticed that bulging eye thing too? What is that??? She scares me.

I am a ex-New Yorker, I now live in (gasp) New Jersey. What I don't understand is, if these women want to be in "society", I would think they would learn to speak properly. It grates on my nerves to hear how these "Nu Yawkas tawk". Ugh, listening to them gives me a headache! The only one that actually enunciates her words, is LuAnn.

Btw, not everyone from NY speaks like this, I certainly don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915;2853292;
    I am a ex-New Yorker, I now live in (gasp) New Jersey. What I don't understand is, if these women want to be in "society", I would think they would learn to speak properly. It grates on my nerves to hear how these "Nu Yawkas tawk". Ugh, listening to them gives me a headache! The only one that actually enunciates her words, is LuAnn.

Btw, not everyone from NY speaks like this, I certainly don't!
    I notice the same thing. I bet Luanne has more formal education. Oddly, I don't think any of them grew up in NYC to get that accent.
    I'm not sure about all of them though. And you are right! Not everyone in NYC speaks that way and I can assure you Brooke Astor did not sound that way!!!!! Now THAT was real NYC Society!!!

I keep thinking: what a coincidence that Ramona is at the Luca Luca show with a friend in loaner Luca clothing sitting right in front of Jill who confirmed her front row seat. Come on people! Ramona set that up to get back at Jill. Any true friend would have been equally upset that the seating was changed.

FORT Fan

ive noticed that not much positive has been said about these women, so with much thought i came up with at least one positive thing to say about each one...here goes.

ramona...her hair is always clean, at least when the cameras are rolling...keeping it clean.....

luanne...she doesnt seem as stupid as the others...yeah!

bethenny...she is the best looking of the group, and has maintained her figure despite being a cook...good job beth!

jill...humm, well...she had the good sense to marry someone who would be a better parent than she would..thats using
    your noodle! see you are not as dumb as everyone thinks..way to go!

alex...she figured out a way to escape kansas and not have to work..i think thats positive, but she did end up in nyc.
    a place where she cant get her child in a school, ok ill try and think of something else positive about her...humm,
    she doesnt have a weight problem...well, not an overweight problem that is,,,,eat a cheesburger, put some meat
    on those bones..

ok, i did it, something positive about all the women!

FORT Fogey

Since I am a total SoCal gal, I do not know the NYC neighborhoods. Can someone help me with what are the ^ top^ hoods vs the "up and coming" hoods? And who lives where?
    Also does anyone know the name of the "boutique hotel" that Slade Jr runs?
    TIA!

Does anyone know what kind of dog that the count and countASS have? My friend wanted me to ask you guys. I haven't watched a whole show so I haven't seen the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2853321;
    Since I am a total SoCal gal, I do not know the NYC neighborhoods. Can someone help me with what are the ^ top^ hoods vs the "up and coming" hoods? And who lives where?
    Also does anyone know the name of the "boutique hotel" that Slade Jr runs?
    TIA!
    I hope someone else chimes in on this because that isn't a simple question to answer. There is expensive real estate all over Manhattan. The city has five boroughs and there is considerable wealth in all of them. Staten Island has some very expensive homes and so does Queens. I'm sure all boroughs do.

In Manhattan, I think the most expensive apartments are on Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue. You can't even buy one unless you are in the social circle of real society in many of these buildings. Coops boards vote and approve buyers on in some buildings it doesn't matter how rich you also have to be someone, not always a member of society, but Ex Sec. of State, Ex Governor, that kind of thing.

You have areas in Greenwich Village, SoHo, and Tribecca that attract a different kind of wealth, sometimes artsy, some music industry and entertainment among others and then there are areas West of Central Park where a lot of Entertainment industry people buy. These are generalizations and all areas have a mix of types of people.

There is Grammercy Park, downtown, where Celebs like Julia Roberts an Susan Sarandon have apts. But many non entertainer types live there too. It is old architecture, charming, lots of big trees.

In between all these area you have a mix of housing. The old money though, is really confined to Fifth and Park Aves. HTHS

Oh about the hotel: It's called the Hotel Chandler. You might find this link to their blog interesting:
    Simon van Kempen
    Last edited by tictac; 03-19-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2853360;
    Does anyone know what kind of dog that the count and countASS have? My friend wanted me to ask you guys. I haven't watched a whole show so I haven't seen the dog.

I'm not a dog expert but it looked like a puppy Westminster Terrier. It a cute little white thing! If I'm right, it won't like being left alone! They better keep that gate around it.

Closed Thread