Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 1/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 1/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yeah, I was cringing when poor Josh said he doesn't have it in him to be the son she wants him to be or to make her proud. Lauri just sat there. Why not at least tell the poor kid he makes you proud now and that you love him no matter what? I'm sure there's something about him that would make a mother proud. She's not very encouraging. She just sat there silent, reinforcing his belief that he's useless in her eyes. Then at the end she told him she knows he has it in him to be the son she wants him to be. In other words, "you are currently worthless, but I have faith that you can be good enough for me if you really try."

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2768576;
    Yeah, I was cringing when poor Josh said he doesn't have it in him to be the son she wants him to be or to make her proud. Lauri just sat there. Why not at least tell the poor kid he makes you proud now and that you love him no matter what? I'm sure there's something about him that would make a mother proud. She's not very encouraging. She just sat there silent, reinforcing his belief that he's useless in her eyes. Then at the end she told him she knows he has it in him to be the son she wants him to be. In other words, "you are currently worthless, but I have faith that you can be good enough for me if you really try."
    It's all about Laurie. Josh was messing things up for her! When he moved in with George's ex wife it was all about Laurie again. She just doesn't get it. When tasting food for the wedding, it was all about Laurie. Who would eat what YOU like GEORGE??? ICK! She is way too involved in herself at the expense of people around her. I almost fell over when she said her youngest daughter is the only one who has not disappointed her. Oh nice! Let the other two hear that. Then she went on to say how great it was that her daughter liked all the same things she liked. Again, it was all about Laurie.

Laurie does not understand how to be a parent. She believes that being a parent makes a person old. Guess what? It does. You are now the grown up, older person to guide. Laurie wants Ashley to be her girlfriend that will drink with her and take trips with her. Laurie is living vicariously through her youngest. "There she is on the horsie. Just like me." "let's have a pedicure together!!!" Totally unrealistic. She cannot relate to a son, possibly because he is a MALE and she seems not to relate well to males unless they are footing her bills.
    By the way, are we to believe that she never slept with George until AFTER the wedding and therefore did not know he snored??????? Who is she trying to kid???? Vicky?
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2768925;
    By the way, are we to believe that she never slept with George until AFTER the wedding and therefore did not know he snored??????? Who is she trying to kid???? Vicky?

I wondered about this too. Very strange.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2768586;
    It's all about Laurie. Josh was messing things up for her! When he moved in with George's ex wife it was all about Laurie again. She just doesn't get it. When tasting food for the wedding, it was all about Laurie. Who would eat what YOU like GEORGE??? ICK! She is way too involved in herself at the expense of people around her. I almost fell over when she said her youngest daughter is the only one who has not disappointed her. Oh nice! Let the other two hear that. Then she went on to say how great it was that her daughter liked all the same things she liked. Again, it was all about Laurie.
    Hi Everyone....this is my first post!

'Disappointment' seems to be such a buzz word with Lauri. Maybe its really because deep down she knows how much she's disapponted so many people in her life. In the episode where they had he "big family barbecue" at George's house, does anyone remember Lauri telling Sophia that she was DISAPPOINTED in her for eating an ice cream bar too close to dinner? IMO, I see a little girl with a potential eating disorder somewhere down the line.....SAD SAD SAD.

Originally Posted by New Mommy

She tuned his sorning out until he said 'I do". Now that he has said "I do" game on. Its just one of his flaws she purposely ignored until marriage. Maybe next season she will tell us more of George's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMom4sure;2769558;
    Originally Posted by New Mommy

She tuned his sorning out until he said 'I do". Now that he has said "I do" game on. Its just one of his flaws she purposely ignored until marriage. Maybe next season she will tell us more of George's flaws.
    Maybe he can tell the viewing audience about HER flaws.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Lauri is FLAWLESS. Next season she will probably tell us how she talked until she was blue in the face with George regarding his snoring and he just did not want to her any parts of it. Therefore she had alternative but move to another bedroom. She really hopes George can work on his snoring because she really wants to be with him.

Quote Originally Posted by whomejb;2769552;
    Hi Everyone....this is my first post!

'Disappointment' seems to be such a buzz word with Lauri. Maybe its really because deep down she knows how much she's disapponted so many people in her life. In the episode where they had he "big family barbecue" at George's house, does anyone remember Lauri telling Sophia that she was DISAPPOINTED in her for eating an ice cream bar too close to dinner? IMO, I see a little girl with a potential eating disorder somewhere down the line.....SAD SAD SAD.
    HI whomejb! Welcome!!!

I have a feeling that when Lauri says the words "I'm disappointed....", it's one of those KEY phrases that REALLY means "after the cameras turn off, I'm going to ream your a** and threaten to banish you to the street"!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMom4sure;2769575;
    Lauri is FLAWLESS. Next season she will probably tell us how she talked until she was blue in the face with George regarding his snoring and he just did not want to hear any parts of it. Therefore she had NO alternative but move to another bedroom. She really hopes George can work on his snoring because she really wants to be with him.
    Yes, sportsmom...he needs to accept his "WRONG-DOING" and admit he's interrupting her MUCH NEEDED beauty sleep. If he can't do that, then she has no choice except to lock up her boney knees.