Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 1/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 1/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I want to see a pop-up on Lauri's non-existent eyebrows!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by katie/lynn;2755538;
    I noticed that Tammy Knickerbocker looks like she gained weight. And not in a flabby fat way, but in a bulked up football player way. She lumbers around like a linebacker! Very manly.
    I've noticed this about both Tammy and Lauri in Season 3. They both look "horsey" in the publicity photos and wearing dresses seems to compound the problem. Wonder what is causing the transformation.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Toad;2755241;
    I think Josh was rebellious but in most part, OK for A teen growing up in the OC. That was until George's EX stole him away (it was mentioned on this show) and got him into disobeying his loving mother, Lauri. May he come back from the dark side and reconcile with his REAL family.
    I've missed a couple of episodes this season so please fill me in on this. Was George's EX on the show? I can't believe I missed it! Traveling for business is rough when the hotel doesn't have Bravo. Anyway, did George's EX steal Josh (??) before he lived with Lauri and the drug dealer? Or was it after Josh's REAL family mocked him when he couldn't join them in Hawaii?

One thing I know for sure from watching what I have been able to catch is Josh doesn't have a loving mother to come back to. Every child deserves two parents who love him/her unconditionally. Unfortunately, that isn't always the way the world works. When parents fail at nurturing their children the results can be devastating. Putting all of it on TV has to feel like mommie dearest is just turning the knife.

I can say for sure that Tammy, Jeana, Vicki and Tamra all truly cherish their children. These mothers may have their quirks but those kids know they are loved.

I heard that Lauri greeted him with something like "pull up your pants" or something to that effect. Isn't this after not seeing him for months? What a witch.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2756622;
    I heard that Lauri greeted him with something like "pull up your pants" or something to that effect. Isn't this after not seeing him for months? What a witch.
    Because it's all about her and she was worried it would make her look bad. How could she not get that the majority of the viewers are on to her? She doesn't really seem to feel that immense mother's love for her children. Has it always been that way or did something happen that made things go so horribly wrong? She can tell the world about her kids' achievements and list every time they've disappointed her. But does she truly feel that "I'd sacrifice my life for my child" kind of love? I have not seen any hint of it in the three years we've been watching this trainwreck.

Yeah, the kid is literally hanging on for dear life and she goes right for the EXTERNAL (it's all about appearances, don'tcha know??). I agree, yes, mother's tell their sons things like that all the time, but think about the surrounding circumstances! If the pants were really an issue (they weren't) a loving mother would have hugged her son and kindly whispered to him. It was just another hugely blatant example that it is all about her and SHOW. She never helped Josh one iota. She tossed him off to the state, got a public defender and then gave him enough rope to hang himself.

I LOVE her crying confessional. You don't need to have a Doctorate in reading subtext to get what that dreadful head of toxins was saying (slurring).

Just throw IT AWAY. Clothes, children, whatever. FIXING or REAL GIVING take too much time and effort for this selfish self centered group of moronic, delusional losers.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

FORT Regular

But does she truly feel that "I'd sacrifice my life for my child" kind of love? I have not seen any hint of it in the three years we've been watching this trainwreck.
    I totally agree. The one or two times I saw her hug Ashley, it seemed so uncomfortable for her to do. It was more like a hug you'd give an acquaintance you haven't seen in a while. Not a warm, loving, motherly embrace at all. And when she told her she loved her, it sounded forced and unnatural for her.

Obviously we don't get the entire story or know all the details of Josh's problems. Sometimes tough love is necessary. However, it doesn't seem like it's very tough on Lauri. Most parents would agonize over a decision like that, and it would kill them to do it. But Lauri is so matter of fact about it. The woman has a heart of ice.

They all feel they can buy their children's love which is so sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2758037;
    I totally agree. The one or two times I saw her hug Ashley, it seemed so uncomfortable for her to do. It was more like a hug you'd give an acquaintance you haven't seen in a while. Not a warm, loving, motherly embrace at all. And when she told her she loved her, it sounded forced and unnatural for her.

Obviously we don't get the entire story or know all the details of Josh's problems. Sometimes tough love is necessary. However, it doesn't seem like it's very tough on Lauri. Most parents would agonize over a decision like that, and it would kill them to do it. But Lauri is so matter of fact about it. The woman has a heart of ice.
    Seems she loves her kids by what they can do for HER. Right now SophieA can do no wrong since she is the only one that has not disappointed her yet.
    She likes Ashley now because she keeps McKenzie happy which in turn keeps George happy.
    Right now Josh has battles of his own and can't "do" anything for HER.

imo, the only reason Lair asked Ashley to be her MOH was she needed someone to do the lowly tasks that she did not want to do herself.
    If George was REALLY as rich as Lair thinks he is then she'd have a personal assistant to bark orders to.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2758145;
    If George was REALLY as rich as Lair thinks he is then she'd have a personal assistant to bark orders to.
    That and even a 20-something FIRST-TIME bride hires a calligrapher to address her announcements. Lauri wants RASHley to use crayon to address HER invitations. Saving money I guess for those L & G initials in the hedges!

What does that L & G stand for? I know this group can come up with some doozies!