Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Bravo spinoff 'Real Housewives of New York City' debuts in March

Get ready, New York, because our own home-town "Desperate Housewives" are about to hit the air.

On March 4, Bravo will premiere "Real Housewives of New York City," the buzz-generating spinoff of its "Real Housewives of Orange County" reality series.

Five New York women will get their time in the spotlight: Bethenny Frankel, LuAnn de Lesseps, Ramona Singer and Jill Zarin of the upper East Side and Alex McCord of Cobble Hill, the sole non- Manhattan show subject and the youngest of the New York "housewives" at 34.

Filming of the series began last summer with cameras spending one to five days a week following the moms. All of whom were aware that they might follow in the footsteps of Bravo's West Coast version of "Real Housewives," which serves up a smorgasbord of domestic squabbles, shameless materialism and cringe-worthy, age-inappropriate misbehavior.

"I would not want to be portrayed as the women on 'The Real Housewives of Orange County,' to be perfectly honest," says Frankel, "so that was a little scary. But who knows, maybe people in Orange County are saying that about me."

"We are pretty different people," says McCord. "We are not in a gated community. We are in the thick of things, doing our activities and coexisting with 8 million other people."

Locations aside, one of the distinct differences between the two shows is the hectic pace of New York life. For moms in the city that never sleeps, work more often than not takes precedence over play. Frankel, a health food chef, has gained renown as her recipes catch on with celebrities like Denis Leary and Susan Sarandon.

Connecticut-born de Lesseps nabbed her fancy surname in a marriage to a French aristocrat, and her newfound royalty only added cachet to the TV career she began in Europe after a stint as a model in Milan.

McCord works in visual merchandising for a major retailer.

Singer sets her own hours, buying leftover retail inventory to sell to discount chains and boutiques while Zarin embraces her own brand of bargains, at her Zarin Fabrics and Home Furnishings on the lower East Side.

In fact, some of the New York "housewives" were almost too busy for the show - or at least showed polite reluctance.

Frankel refused Zarin's urging before the divan doyenne's audacious personality won her over.

Zarin, one of the first Manhattan women approached by the producers, had a heavy hand in finding her fellow subjects.
    "That's Numberwang!"

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

At the very least, they will be able to read, write and spell.
    East of Reality

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

FINALLY some women with some substance and talent!

As well as beauty, savvy and class.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Wow, the OC has a realtor, a realtor, an insurance saleperson, a professional gold-digger, local internet restaurant reviewer and a I have NO clue what Tammy K does besides whine about what she USE to have.

I can't wait for these women! I LOVE NY! Thanks for sharing Fluff.

FORT Regular

I will wait and reserve judgment until I see them. Frankly, I look for entertainment, not role models!

I'm kind of excited about this new perspective although Bravo could be taking us for a ride and we could end up with another batch of botoxed dimwits.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2753512;
    I'm kind of excited about this new perspective although Bravo could be taking us for a ride and we could end up with another batch of botoxed dimwits.
    Thats kinda what i was thinking to Mr/Ms. Yardgnome. I bet after the first show there will already be stuff to say about those people to but i hope they show out for these ladies in OC and knock them down a few pegs. I mean i hope they really have money. Its to bad Bravo doesnt do a show here in my home town cause that would be a hoot but were to boring for this kinda show but theres people here who are just as stupid as those rich ones. The way i see it people are people and money cant buy you a good reputation as a person or a parent. I could tell Bravo some stories that go on down here that would curl their toes.:

FORT Regular

I have a feeling these ladies are going to be bitchy and snooty. Can't wait to watch them!

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NotFromTheOC;2753483;
    I will wait and reserve judgment until I see them. Frankly, I look for entertainment, not role models!
    I'm sure Bravo will show us the seedy little moments these otherwise decent ladies have. At the very least, I'm looking forward to a change of scenery. I've never been to NY so it will be fun to see the sights, so to speak.

I have a feeling these ladies are going to be bitchy and snooty. Can't wait to watch them!
    I definitely agree that they may have a sharper tongue than our airheaded dimwits here.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast