Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2768985;
    If you want to call us nice NYC girls freaks, I'd like to know how you characterize the sideshow in Coto de Caza as they are the epitome of Barnum and Bailey
    )

I don't think the show, The Real Wives of NYC, will have wives who represent anyone but their ridiculous selves just like the OC women. The title of these shows is more of a take off on the Lives of the Rich and Famous concept IMO, moreso than the the attempt to really depict any one group or class of people. I am certain there are women in OC and NYC who are nothing like the people portrayed. Theproducers HAVE to get characters who will give a good show. I saw the preview of the new show and the women are materialistic and excessive in new ways. It will be different, I think, and in some ways it will be the same. We shall see!

FORT Fanatic

Who in their right minds would sign on for a tv reality shows?
    People who have an agenda that's who.
    In the case of the New York women, that is exposure for their businesses or someone's acting career.
    Sound familiar?
    Same formula, different location.
    I have yet to see the new show however it seems so boring to me. I know I will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by limom;2769241;
    Who in their right minds would sign on for a tv reality shows?
    People who have an agenda that's who.
    In the case of the New York women, that is exposure for their businesses or someone's acting career.
    Sound familiar?
    Same formula, different location.
    I have yet to see the new show however it seems so boring to me. I know I will be watching.

It's funny. I think a lot of the people on these shows really believe they are the envy of the world and they want to exploit that. But in reality, they wind up exploiting themselves or being exploited by the producers, held up to ridicule and disection. The people on the OC show off their wealth in a vulgar manner but they don't realize this. I think they want the world to see they are successful in this way, because they probably have issues feeling that way IRL.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

I just watched the first ep of this show (a 30 min preview special) and these people are WORSE than the Real Housewives of OC....trust me. I don't think any of them are attractive or classy. Just watch them and you will see.

FORT Newbie

I would love to see a show like The Real Housewives of Atlanta done. This would guarantee some interesting dynamics i.e. backstabbing done with a smile, probably a more multiracial cast than other shows in the Real Housewives series, and a general change in scenery that you don't get on most reality shows.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2770566;
    I just watched the first ep of this show (a 30 min preview special) and these people are WORSE than the Real Housewives of OC....trust me. I don't think any of them are attractive or classy. Just watch them and you will see.
    I totally agree ISTF - I am thinking I may need to stock up on a case of boxed wine to help me get through the first episode when it airs next month.

The only one who seemed to have any real personality is the countess but even she can't hold a candle to our OC divas.

Heck, the producers could have built an entire season around George's snoring and I'd still tune in.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2770879;
    I totally agree ISTF - I am thinking I may need to stock up on a case of boxed wine to help me get through the first episode when it airs next month.

The only one who seemed to have any real personality is the countess but even she can't hold a candle to our OC divas.

Heck, the producers could have built an entire season around George's snoring and I'd still tune in.

I do agree with both of you.

The Hamptons seem very dull.
    Last edited by mare68; 01-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.

The couple who acts as each other's stylist is sicko! They are the ones to hate I guess, freako, bizarre....not like anything real I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFromTheOC;2753483;
    I will wait and reserve judgment until I see them. Frankly, I look for entertainment, not role models!
    hear hear

The one on the far right looks like a drag queen.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2754157;
    I wouldn't go that far

Fur coats? Yuck.

The one second from the right is Bethenney Frankel who was the runner up on the Martha Stewart version of The Apprentice.