Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

I'm looking forward to the change of scenery. That is, women not all wearing the same blonde highlights, the same cleavage, the same jewelry, the same clothes, the same French manicures, the same botoxed faces, the same Mercedes. If there's one thing about new money -- which seems more predominant in Orange County than in New York -- it's the utter unoriginality in how they spend it.
    Then again, I could be wrong.

They dug up some freaks in NYC . Great. I saw the preview. They are worse.
    Last edited by tictac; 01-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Oh, and can we retire this look?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Sweet Mary and Joseph! Is that a SKY TOP on a NY wife????? PLEEEEASE say it isn't so!

There is too much COLD in NYC to wear such a horrendous item of clothing!!!!!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

But didn't they film in the spring/summer?

Spring/Summer in Manhattan calls for lightweight coats and long sleeve tops. Sex and the city attire, for lack of a better example, though a cliche. If you want to call us nice NYC girls freaks, I'd like to know how you characterize the sideshow in Coto de Caza as they are the epitome of Barnum and Bailey
    Let's all remember Jeana asking the poor Canadian girl if she speaks Canadian. The NYC mom wants her children to learn a foreign language and it's not Canadian, I'm sure. (Maybe Brookylynese)
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

If you want to call us nice NYC girls freaks, I'd like to know how you characterize the sideshow in Coto de Caza as they are the epitome of Barnum and Bailey
    I agree. Most women out here in that level of affluence (meaning newly wealthy) over do everything. Hair, make-up, clothing, tans, jewelry etc...It's a little excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2768994;
    I agree. Most women out here in that level of affluence (meaning newly wealthy) over do everything. Hair, make-up, clothing, tans, jewelry etc...It's a little excessive.
    Very well put!!!! What lots of people don't know is that in New Jersey, where NYCers love to shop, is that on Sundays, all the high end stores are closed. My mom always said, "that's in honor of the Christians."

Foot o' cleavage

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2757418;
    Hey, wasn't "True Faith" what was on the Fleur de lis hats Vicki and Tamra were wearing during boot camp? NICE cross promotion Bravo!
    It's probably also the source of the tacky, gothic crosses seen in their houses (T2 had the fleur de lys everywhere in that kitchen and a big ole cross in the hall), as well as Quim's. Not to mention the HUGE professions of "faith" around each OC "wife" this past season.

Selling overpriced religious icons (from long experience, my take is the bigger the icon, the more one's faith is "desinger") is very hot right now; a trend that seems to cycle in 10-20 year pockets of hotness. Kudos for selling krap nouveax riche Republicans apparently "need" to be acceptable with the fundies they may have over for a La Tip lunch.

Oh, this could get good....