Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Here's the official coming out article of the new batch of women we love now and will snark on soon. Enjoy!

The cast of "The Real Housewives of New York City" will be:

Alex McCord, a high-powered career woman juggling two children, a husband and a thriving social calendar. Her children take music, art, swimming and French classes, and their live-in au pair speaks only French to them, in hopes that the kids will be bilingual. A former actress and model, Alex is currently a graphic designer within the visual merchandising world.

Bethenny Frankel, a single socialite in her 30s with a growing career as a natural food chef. She has a thriving social calendar and a wealthy Wall Street boyfriend who has three children. Frankel owns her own company, Bethenny Bakes, has a health column in Hamptons Magazine, is a TV spokeswoman for Health Magazine and for Pepperidge Farms' new line of healthy foods. She was a runner-up on "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart." Her main focus these days is settling down and starting a family.

Jill Zarin, a businesswoman, a photographer and a regular on the Manhattan social circuit. Jill is married to Bobby Zarin, a successful entrepreneur, and together they operate Zarin Fabrics and Home Furnishings. Jill is also involved in numerous charities and counts many celebrities among her friends. She has a daughter Allyson and stepchildren David, Jennifer and Jonathan.

LuAnn de Lesseps is a real-life countess. Her husband, Alexandre Count de Lesseps, is a French aristocrat from the Suez Canal dynasty. The de Lesseps line presented New York City with the Statue of Liberty. LuAnn uses her title to help with various charities. She also teaches etiquette on morning televisions shows and has a local cable show on WVVH-TV in the Hamptons called "The Countess Report." She's a busy mom of two.

Ramona Singer is a busy entrepreneur. She owns her own business, R.M.S. Fashions, a jewelry line, truefaithjewelry.com, and a clothing line, "True Faith." She is also developing a skin care line. She and her husband Mario, a third-generation jeweler, and their 13-year old daughter Avery, live in a four-bedroom condo in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. They also have a second home in Southampton directly on the water. Ramona is an avid tennis player and loves to entertain, with dinner parties and social events.
    Entertainment: Bravo announces 'The Real Housewives of New York City' | new, real, york, line, housewives - OCRegister.com

FORT Regular

Seeing a bunch of highly stressed women unloading on their minions is not my idea of entertainment. I did not care for that show Flipping Out because Jeff was always so rude to his assistants.

So...I will lower expectations but keep an open mind. I can watch people be rude to each other every day in my real life.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NotFromTheOC;2756925;
    Seeing a bunch of highly stressed women unloading on their minions is not my idea of entertainment. I did not care for that show Flipping Out because Jeff was always so rude to his assistants.

So...I will lower expectations but keep an open mind. I can watch people be rude to each other every day in my real life.

I totally agree.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Ya know.. as sick as it sounds, I get a kick out of watching people freak out over trivial things. (Color me the perfect demographic for this show). I find humor in it because I'm typically more of a 'Big Picture' person, not a detail sweating one. And seeing the craziness over those types keeps me in perspective of how NOT to act in given situations because I now know how it would look. I also LOVE seeing how money doesn't buy you happiness, just more problems.

Man....I'm not assuming they will all be Leona Helmsley. It's funny how we have the NY stereotype already pinned. It will be fun to see if your "expectations" are true.

Bravo could be checking out this site and edit to what we expect to see. Wouldn't put it past them.

Hey, wasn't "True Faith" what was on the Fleur de lis hats Vicki and Tamra were wearing during boot camp? NICE cross promotion Bravo!

Well, one thing is for sure, this batch appears to be more wealthy, more educated, and more society than the OC wives. Time will tell, of course. I am so ready for new storylines, and new wives. I wonder what they think of the OC women?
    If you had windows you'd be a building

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyParker;2757514;
    Well, one thing is for sure, this batch appears to be more wealthy, more educated, and more society than the OC wives. Time will tell, of course. I am so ready for new storylines, and new wives. I wonder what they think of the OC women?
    THEY ARE!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2757537;
    THEY ARE!
    I am really looking to this show hoping i can learn from some women who i think are probly really rich and not fake rich like the people on this show.
    Last edited by Dreams; 01-17-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: i forgot a word

Yardgnome is going to need another house in New York to write about this show
    Will this show be pretend too?
    Ribbitt