Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

so with this show, are they going to stop filming seasons of the OC version?

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2754891;
    I'm sure that we'll see weekend and holiday trips to the Hamptons. A bit different than Havasu!
    Does anything think we'll hear them screaming over and over again: "F-U, FU" with the accompanying finger? Or hear the term: "Tramp Stamp"? I'd love to hear one of these socialites say at an event at the Museum: "I feel like a pimp" while wearing tasteful jewelry. Much different show, I expect.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Hey, I give the one pre-teen/early teen girl credit for calling her Mom out for the hoochie outfits she likes to wear in one of the quick previews shown last night. I thought that was hilarious. You don't see Sophie/A saying that about her plastic Mom.

And speaking of Sophia, wasn't it nice to point out to whichever airhead wore the Gorilla suit in Yellowstone that they needed a "boob job"! I'm sure Sophie will get one when she graduates from MOMMY&ME Elementary school!

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Hey, I give the one pre-teen/early teen girl credit for calling her Mom out for the hoochie outfits she likes to wear in one of the quick previews shown last night. I thought that was hilarious
    I agree! I actually laughed out loud when the mom turned and stomped back into her super deep walk-in closet! The girl couldn't have been over age 9 and she was telling it like it is! Might be a good show after all!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2754157;
    I wouldn't go that far

Fur coats? Yuck.

The one second from the right is Bethenney Frankel who was the runner up on the Martha Stewart version of The Apprentice.
    Was she really?? It totally cracks me up how many people on reality shows seem to be recycled from other reality shows!! Just goes to show how not "real" these shows are!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2755938;
    Does anything think we'll hear them screaming over and over again: "F-U, FU" with the accompanying finger? Or hear the term: "Tramp Stamp"? I'd love to hear one of these socialites say at an event at the Museum: "I feel like a pimp" while wearing tasteful jewelry. Much different show, I expect.
    I think it will be a much different show, but I don't think it will be quite as snarkilicious. I just think these women will come across as bitchy and that will get old very quickly. I don't think the OC ladies are bitchy - yes they bitch about things, but then they also have these air head moments that just crack me up. I just don't see that happening with the NYC group. Hopefully I am wrong and they will have a high snark factor.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

I'm looking forward to extremely stressed women that cannot juggle all their social responsibilities so they freak out on the nannies and personal drivers. Am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2756439;
    I'm looking forward to extremely stressed women that cannot juggle all their social responsibilities so they freak out on the nannies and personal drivers. Am I close?
    Shopping on 5th Avenue is so much better than the Java Jeans strip mall! Having lunch at Bahltazars is much better than rat-infested Valentino's! Having Sushi at Nobu's is far superior than Riptide!

FORT Regular

Beezers, that's what I picture as well. Of course these wome will be given lavish gifts, but in this version the price tags won't be left attached and they won't yell out things like, "holy crap, this costs like, 40 thousand!!" However, maybe one of them will throw the diamond crusted rolex at her maid's head and storm out of a formal dinner party because the caviar wasn't served on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2756439;
    Yes, very. Throw in the lawyers and the personal assistants and you've got it pegged.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.