Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fan

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by plumlover;2773860;
    One word - BORING

I doubt I will wach this one although I am a huge fan of TRHOOC. It is escapism at it's best to me. The NY housewives are, should I say...prentintous and just bored me from the preview.
    Nope, doesn't interest me either.

Quote Originally Posted by plumlover;2773860;
    One word - BORING

I doubt I will wach this one although I am a huge fan of TRHOOC. It is escapism at it's best to me. The NY housewives are, should I say...prentintous and just bored me from the preview.
    Plumlover, am I the only one with you here? I think RHOOC is 10x more snark-ilicious than the NY Housewives show. I just can't seem to get into it. Maybe I'll be proved wrong...(but I'm feelin' pretty right)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine123;2773027;
    I spent most of my life in New Jersey (hey, we all have our crosses to bear! LOL!!) and it is NOT true that all the stores are closed on Sundays. There is a town here and there that still observes the blue laws but it is less than a handful.......
    I live in NJ (and still love it), and yes, sad but true, Bergen County is closed to shoppers on Sunday (I think we are the only ones in the US with that law). Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Scroll down to read about the blue laws in NJ.

The sad part is, in NJ, if its eatable or wearable, you pay no taxes on it. That is why you see sp many NY,CT & PA shoppers here.

We finally watched RHONY preview this morning. My daughter was assigning roles to each new member. (Ramona = Vicki, from the hitting/pushing.)

It looks interesting to me and I'll be watching. I want to see the catfight between Ramona and the one she didn't invite.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2774745;
    We finally watched RHONY preview this morning. My daughter was assigning roles to each new member. (Ramona = Vicki, from the hitting/pushing.)

It looks interesting to me and I'll be watching. I want to see the catfight between Ramona and the one she didn't invite.

I think you picked up on exactly what is going on. It is a copy cat casting. The names and places have been changed but the basic insanity is the same!!! LOL! I love it! I get a certain satisfaction out of seeing people who think they are so hot make total fools of themelves. I don't don't know why, but I like it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;2774104;
    Plumlover, am I the only one with you here? I think RHOOC is 10x more snark-ilicious than the NY Housewives show. I just can't seem to get into it. Maybe I'll be proved wrong...(but I'm feelin' pretty right)
    Yes, I agree - I just didn't get a good feeling from this show and I didn't want to escape into their world while watching the previews. Now, the RHOOC, I love the whole time it is on and then I watch it at least once more during the week thanks to Bravo reruns or marathons. They (TRHONY) just didn't 'hook' me and although it was only a preview, I wasn't impressed and found them just boring and flipped the channel several times within the 30 mintues. I never do that in RHOOC. I love my girls (and enjoy their faults)
    on Tuesday nights and can't wait to see what they are going to say and do. They are entertaining to me and the other ladies just aren't so far. I might try to watch a full episode but have a feeling it will be TRU T.V. that night around 15 minutes after it begins. I might be wrong but like you I don't think I will be.

I agree that the RHONY aren't 'must see' tv for me so far...granted all we've seen is the half-hour intro but since that was made to capture our interest and it totally failed to capture mine, I don't see myself into it the way I've been hooked on my OC ladies!

It is too much like Orange County. I would like to see less storyline and more reality.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2773943;
    Nope, doesn't interest me either.
    I would think that you would be totally interested and on a plane to NYC. You are quite the mover and shaker!!!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

The 30 minute episode I saw didn't leave me wanting more.
    That whole, over the top, horseplay by the pool was totally for the cameras.
    It wasn't cute or funny....just kind of pathetic IMO.
    Also, I don't think I could stand an entire season of precocious children putting their parents in their place.