Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Re: Spinoff - Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat;2771100;
    Not true. Bergen county honours blue law which is why the stores in Bergen county and all other businesses are closed on Sundays. However, the Mall at Short Hills The Mall at Short Hills is open everyday - including Sunday
    I spent most of my life in New Jersey (hey, we all have our crosses to bear! LOL!!) and it is NOT true that all the stores are closed on Sundays. There is a town here and there that still observes the blue laws but it is less than a handful.......

FORT Regular

My questions thus far: Did I mis-hear or is that tacky red head sending her daughter to rehab to go on a diet? What? And how weird was it when she had to force her daughter to stand in front of him and thank him? How long has he been her step father? Weird. And Ramona is so tacky I can't believe it. Fighting with her friend and knocking her down on the ground? I have more but I think I need to rest after watching that nonsense.

She was sending her to Martha's Vineyard for a detox program. Detox of the impurities in the body. She has arthritis.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Thanks for clearing that up. I was afraid detox was a variation on Lauri's "boarding school" excuses for Josh.

She has apparently been on numerous medications that have not worked for her pain so her mom feels a different approach is necessary. I hope it helps her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2773295;
    She has apparently been on numerous medications that have not worked for her pain so her mom feels a different approach is necessary. I hope it helps her.
    Wow, you mean THIS woman is actually shown TRYING to help their child rather than just telling them to "wing it" themselves?

I haven't seen this episode yet. Are they replaying it 100 times like every other show on Bravo? If so, I'll look to TiVO. Or was this just a one time showing?

I haven't seen anymore listings for it. I'm sure they'll replay it a million times right before the actual season starts.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm taping a 30 minute ep on Tuesday at 7pm, hoping that this is the one.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine123;2773023;
    I saw the preview for this "Real Housewives" show last night and both my husband and I stood there shaking our heads......I think they need to change the name of this show! Here I stood heating up leftovers from Saturday night's meal for dinner while taking care of my three children without a nanny (HORRORS!!) and cleaning up without a housekeeper (CAN YOU IMAGINE??!!) and feeding my pets without a personal pet attendant!!!!! Last I knew, being a housewife was when you stayed home and took care of your home and children and husband! A Countess as a "housewife"???!!! I don't think so!!! I told my husband "if that is being a housewife, then something is really wrong around here!!"! I do think the original idea of this show has gotten completely lost somewhere........
    I agree. Some are socialites and the others [the cook and conjoint twins] are wannabees. Especially the horsey looking woman

FORT Newbie

One word - BORING

I doubt I will wach this one although I am a huge fan of TRHOOC. It is escapism at it's best to me. The NY housewives are, should I say...prentintous and just bored me from the preview.