Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/8 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/8 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;2751935;
    Simon's office is way too small for him to be a top exec. I was shocked to see how tiny his workspace is. I'm sure top execs at that luxury dealership have bigger offices than that!
    We don't really know if that was really his office or not. It is possible that FJ did not want the Bravo cameras to show any of the real office areas.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Part of me didn't think so. There wasn't a scratch of paper on his desk and there were only 3 pictures placed behind him. If he's such a bigwig, he's be under much paperwork and most likely in a meeting or on the phone when they walked in. The scene was only on in one aspect. The office came off as cold and rigid, and that's the portrayal he's given so far.

FORT Regular

I do not buy Tamra's spin on reality for one minute.

I quite simply do not believe anything she says. I do not believe she is as successful as she says she is. I do not believe Simon is as successful as she says he is, etc.

The real movers and shakers in OC are not doing this sort of cheesy reality show.

That is not to say that I don't enjoy this cheese fest. I clearly do!

Quote Originally Posted by NotFromTheOC;2752888;
    I do not buy Tamra's spin on reality for one minute.

I quite simply do not believe anything she says. I do not believe she is as successful as she says she is. I do not believe Simon is as successful as she says he is, etc.

The real movers and shakers in OC are not doing this sort of cheesy reality show.

That is not to say that I don't enjoy this cheese fest. I clearly do!
    You've made some super comments here. She is indeed the cattiest of all them and has a hard time hiding her real feelings. If she were so secure with her life, why is she always dropping little digs at Quinn or saying,"I'm glad Lauri is going to be so rich." Her tone was dripping with (fill in the blank).
    The really successful don't go around saying it; it's just known. I think at least two in the NY crowd are going to be more along these lines, based on who they are and how they live.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fanatic

I think they are a middle class couple OC style. Nothing more, nothing less.
    According to public records, they purchased their house for a little over a million. Even though, it might sound like a lot to viewers lucky enough to live in regular prices area, it is nothing special in the OC. Especially, since their house was purchased at the height of the market.
    so she needs to get over herself and goes back to play drunko and sell Real Estate on the side. Good luck to her, attracting clients now.

A million where they live is totally normal. Other places in the US, this does sound like a huge amount, but in CA (Santa Barbara is ridiculous!)NYC, Austin, and a few other places in the US, you don't get much for the money.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

Right, plus a million dollar house doesn't necessarily mean you can afford a million dollar mortgage. They probably bought a home 8 or 10 years ago for $300k, sold it for $800k, and rolled the profit into the new house. A $500-600k mortgage doesn't require a 7 figure salary. My SIL has a very nice townhome in Newport Beach (not as far inland as Coto) that is worth around a million. She bought it before the boom for a third of what it's worth now. She has a very small mortgage in relation to the value of her home because she bought low and had money to put down on it from the sale of her previous home. You don't have to be rich to own a million dollar home these days.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2752986;
    Right, plus a million dollar house doesn't necessarily mean you can afford a million dollar mortgage. They probably bought a home 8 or 10 years ago for $300k, sold it for $800k, and rolled the profit into the new house. A $500-600k mortgage doesn't require a 7 figure salary. My SIL has a very nice townhome in Newport Beach (not as far inland as Coto) that is worth around a million. She bought it before the boom for a third of what it's worth now. She has a very small mortgage in relation to the value of her home because she bought low and had money to put down on it from the sale of her previous home. You don't have to be rich to own a million dollar home these days.
    But you do have to have the income and good credit to buy one. Even with a large down payment, they still have property taxes and up keep.

Don't forget insurance!!!! A homeowner needs to have 3 times what the house is evaluated and this can get expensive. (My home burned so I know what replacement means!)
    Some owners make deals NOT to pay property taxes to keep mortgages low since their intent is not to stay in the home until they are old.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2752994;
    Don't forget insurance!!!! A homeowner needs to have 3 times what the house is evaluated and this can get expensive. (My home burned so I know what replacement means!)
    Some owners make deals NOT to pay property taxes to keep mortgages low since their intent is not to stay in the home until they are old.
    No they might have a interest only loan. But in CA you have to pay your property taxes.