Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Are "Icky" and Jeanna at odds with each other?

FORT Regular

Re: Are "Icky" and Jeanna at odds with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2743339;
    From the Orange County Business Journal

It’s not in the televised story line, but the mortgage meltdown has hit the stars of “The Real Housewives of Orange County.” Vicki Gunvalson and Lauri (Waring) Peterson have pulled second homes off the market for lack of interest and former title insurance rep Slade Smiley (not back this season) is losing his over-leveraged Coto de Caza home. “With the market changing all of us in the real estate business were just killed,” says Housewife/broker Jeana Keough, who is negotiating a “short sale” for Smiley. But Keough says after a six-month lull she just sold three homes in three days: “This is the best time to buy real estate.” If not the best time to have to unload it ...

Meantime, here come the spinoffs: Bravo said it has begun filming “Manhattan Moms” in the Hamptons and ordered a one-hour pilot for Smiley’s ex-girlfriend Jo De La Rosa. And “Housewives” creator Scott Dunlop said he is working with KDOC’s Bert Ellis on “a national show emanating from the OC” ...

Source: http://www.ocbj.com/industry_article_pay.asp?aID=5 4045613.1688656.1571765.538245 1.6307293.188&aID2=120896
    Wow. If there is another season, it's not going to be a pretty one. I hope they have the guts to portray it honestly.

They should take the example of Kathy Griffin's D-List; the last season showed her dealing with her divorce and her father's death openly and honestly.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2743408;
    Wow. If there is another season, it's not going to be a pretty one. I hope they have the guts to portray it honestly.

They should take the example of Kathy Griffin's D-List; the last season showed her dealing with her divorce and her father's death openly and honestly.
    None of them have been pretty MFWalkoff but as long as they're deluded into thinking that the world adores them, they'll keep putting it out there.

You have a point. But I'd bet the producers would be tempted to whitewash or downplay the money troubles, since the point of the show (supposedly) is to show how the "other half" lives. If they're broke, they're no longer the other half.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

I have no interest in seeing rich New York women. I live in Palm Beach county, Florida so I see plenty of them.
    They are far more obnoxious than their OC counterparts...

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

I have no interest either, but I am sure I will watch it.

FORT Regular

If they are snarkalicious, like the OC women, that is one thing. I'll watch that. If they are just plain obnoxious, I'll pass.

I have never been all that interested in Keeping Up With the Kardashians...just not snarkalicious to me. But the Housewives? Total trainwrecks. Love it.

JMO....

FORT Fan

The Episode 9 synopsis by Richard Chang is up at the Orange County Register. Sounds like more fun with Jeanna and Vicki and Frankie. Love that Frankie.

Thanks Pizza Girl......

WOW would someone please buy Qunn (and possibly that plastic surgeon) a clue?! She 'doesn't need' plastic surgery...bwahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2743416;
    You have a point. But I'd bet the producers would be tempted to whitewash or downplay the money troubles, since the point of the show (supposedly) is to show how the "other half" lives. If they're broke, they're no longer the other half.
    The conversation that would interest me would be the producers trying to whitewash the backlash. They started out by shutting down their own boards in an effort to (cough) protect the cast... They have to be feeding them the "Oh, they're just jealous..." line; but seriously, how long can they say that? It's almost like they need to keep them sequestered. But not, because the execs have been able to keep them strung along (yes, Emperor, it's a lovely suit).

The history of carnival sideshow freaks is that they were alcoholics, and the ringmasters knew that an alcoholic in need of a drink would do anything. ie - "you want a drink? Well, first eat that rat." Change rat into Chanel handbag.