Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Are "Icky" and Jeanna at odds with each other?

Re: Are "Icky" and Jeanna at odds with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2723768;
    I don't blame Jeana one bit for Vicki changing her mind and NOT down sizing. Vicki said that it would look as if SHE, herself, were doing bad in the business world if she moved into a smaller house. What does that have to do with Jeana?
    Super post! But Vicky needs a scapegoat. This is the reason why friends shouldn't mix business.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2723768;
    I don't blame Jeana one bit for Vicki changing her mind and NOT down sizing. Vicki said that it would look as if SHE, herself, were doing bad in the business world if she moved into a smaller house. What does that have to do with Jeana?
    What it has to do with Jeana is simply that Jeana put her own self interests (commission) ahead of her client. Jeana being a "proffessional" should have known the "Tuscany Tragedy" was not a good investment. Granted, "Icky" should take some of the blame, but not all of it.:nono

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Vicki is intelligent enough to know she was buying in a market that has turned around. but at the same time, as her realtor and 'friend', Jeana could and should have offered some words of wisdom. but knowing vicki, she didnt listen!

im not sure how genuine some of these 'friendships' were from the beginning though. Think they were kinda thrown together for the show. (although I know Jeana and Tammy have history).
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CotoRez;2723398;
    The rumor in Coto is "Icky" is really pissed off at Jeanna for selling her a house as an "investment" for Over 1.6 Million when its true value is closer to 1.1 Million. Jeanna could give a rats behind about taking care of the client, its all about her greed and the commission. I wonder how much of a bath "Icky" is taking on that deal monthly?
    Does the "Coto rumor" say whether the half-million difference there at the purchase? Or has the house, due to the downturn of the market, "depreciated" by a half million between when Vicky bought the house and when she tried to sell it? If it was worth 1.6M on the day of closing, then I don't see what the beef is with Jeana. Vicky planned to move to the smaller house, and even with a downturn in real estate on the horizon, the prices will cycle back up eventually. It could still be a good long-term (key being "long term") investment. If, on the other hand, Jeana knew the house was worth a good half-million less at the time of closing, she had a duty as her agent to get her client a fair price.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CotoRez;2723398;
    Jeanna could give a rats behind about taking care of the client, its all about her greed and the commission.
    I disagree. Vicki did what her head was telling her was right (downsizing and enjoying life), but her heart wasn't in it. She should have sold "Shire" before purchasing "Altimira".

Vicki's indecision is not Jeanna's fault. Jeanna would not be where she is today if she had a reputation for screwing over her clients. Word of mouth is everything in the Real Estate business.

FORT Fanatic

I think we are all barking at the wrong tree. This major lowdown has nothing to do with Real Estate.

FORT Fan

In California, values go up quickly and down quickly, especially at a higher end where there are fewer comps. I would never buy a property for that kind of money without an independent appraisal and you cannot get any kind of loan without an appraisal by the lender.

In the end, it is Vicky's money, she is an astute business person, and ultimately Vicky and her bank need to represent their own best interests.

I sold real estate in Orange County. I really never had clients who did not have a full awareness of the market values, independent of my opinion so I am going with Jeana on this one. People make bad business decisions and they weant to blame realtors, attorneys, accountants, etc.

Just my opinion and also am not personally cognizant of the particular facts of the transaction.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2723886;
    Does the "Coto rumor" say whether the half-million difference there at the purchase? Or has the house, due to the downturn of the market, "depreciated" by a half million between when Vicky bought the house and when she tried to sell it? If it was worth 1.6M on the day of closing, then I don't see what the beef is with Jeana. Vicky planned to move to the smaller house, and even with a downturn in real estate on the horizon, the prices will cycle back up eventually. It could still be a good long-term (key being "long term") investment. If, on the other hand, Jeana knew the house was worth a good half-million less at the time of closing, she had a duty as her agent to get her client a fair price.
    That house was never worth north of 1.6M Maybe in 10-15 years.
    Read the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" He teaches an "investment" creates passive income, not giant negative income. This is not even a long term investment, my .02

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CotoRez;2723942;
    That house was never worth north of 1.6M Maybe in 10-15 years.
    Read the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" He teaches an "investment" creates passive income, not giant negative income. This is not even a long term investment, my .02
    It is "Icky's folly" and that's that. It wasn't supposed to be an investment, she changed her mind about living in it.

Besides, I don't think the "smackdown" is about this either.
    East of Reality

FORT Fogey

With the market what is/was a lender would not of given her a loan for a overpriced house, especially knowing that she did not even have her larger home listed.