Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will Shane Keough make it in the big leagues?

FORT Fanatic

Re: Will Shane Keough make it in the big leagues?

From the Vancouver Canadians website

Vancouver Canadians - Baseball
    Minor League Baseball player contracts are handled by the Major League Baseball office. Here are the salary ranges:

First contract season: $850/month maximum. After that, open to negotiation
    Alien Salary Rates: Different for aliens on visas--mandated by INS (Immigration)
    Triple-A--First year: $2,150/month, after first year no less than $2,150/month
    Class AA-First year: $1,500/month, after first year no less than $1,500/month
    Class A (full season)--First year: $1,050/month, after first year no less than $1,050/month
    Class A (short-season)--First year: $850/month, after first year no less than $850/month
    Dominican & Venezuelan Summer Leagues--no lower than $300/month
    Meal Money: $20 per day at all levels, while on the road

However, when players are fist signed by a major league club, as Vancouver Canadians players are coming out of the draft, they may receive a signing bonus by the Oakland Athletics. Routinely, the first five or six round draft picks from every team will receive a signing bonus, and this could bring the total team payroll of a team like the Canadians to as much as $10M dollars.

FORT Regular

Shane's page says he attended Tesoro HS but graduated from Northwood HS in Irvine in 2005. Isn't that the school with a great baseball program? Maybe Jeana bought him a house in Irvine so he could attend school there. Or maybe he was living in Irvine with Dad.

Booze is cheaper in Irvine.
    Ribbitt

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeGoddess;2713037;
    Shane's page says he attended Tesoro HS but graduated from Northwood HS in Irvine in 2005. Isn't that the school with a great baseball program? Maybe Jeana bought him a house in Irvine so he could attend school there. Or maybe he was living in Irvine with Dad.
    I believe Jeana did say on S1 that they did buy the Irvine house so Shane could attend the school with the better baseball program and that he and Matt did indeed live there. Probably part of the reason he didn't attend his graduation....he had no real attachment to anyone since he was just there for baseball.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2713304;
    I believe Jeana did say on S1 that they did buy the Irvine house so Shane could attend the school with the better baseball program and that he and Matt did indeed live there. Probably part of the reason he didn't attend his graduation....he had no real attachment to anyone since he was just there for baseball.
    Parents do this kind of thing all the time. Three years ago Kurt Russell bought a Jr B hockey team up in Victoria, BC so his son Wyatt would have a place to play. Then he bought into a Jr A team in Ontario so Wyatt could play there to be seen by a hopefully better college.
    Our son went his jr and sr year of HS in another state because of sports. If it is going to get them to college, you do what you have to do.
    Too bad Shane did not take advantage of college. Which I am sure he will regret later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2702526;
    Shane (Jeana's oldest son) is trying to make it in the big leagues for the Oakland A's where his dad works as the asst. to the manager. If he can't make it even when his dad works for the manager, then that is just sad.

He is already playing the "I'm hurt and injured card. Ouch, my back." (to save face in case he gets cut). We all know that he is skinny, little and all talk and no action.

Shane, we want to see ACtion like that 70s song.
    If he does, he'll take a seat right along side Billy Beane on 'I Have a Secret' shortly afterward.

I think there's more a chance that Shane will sing in 'Rent' than play major league ball.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealitiniMan;2717835;
    If he does, he'll take a seat right along side Billy Beane on 'I Have a Secret' shortly afterward.

I think there's more a chance that Shane will sing in 'Rent' than play major league ball.

hilarious!!!
    i just loved mush mouth's display of manliness while telling us how he flipped over tables and cursed someone out. and his mom found none of this behavior to be disturbing? she said nothing!
    Everyday is a Blessing!

It's a shame. Those good looks with such a sour personality.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

OH MY GAAWWD~~
    Look! Courtesy of TMZ:
    "Real Housewives" Brat Mixed Up with K-Fed
    Posted Dec 14th 2007 4:01PM by TMZ Staff

Not being able to identify "That kid from that reality show about his mom and her friends" is understandable ... but confusing him for K-Fed? Popozowie!

TMZ cameras caught Shane Keough, the hot son of Jeana and baseball player Matt Keough from "Real Housewives of Orange County" last night making out with even less famous girl in the Les Deux parking lot.

Some random approached him and asked if he was Britney's ex-hubby. Now, while most people would take offense, Shane actually embraced it. Douche.
    TMZ.com
    It's half way down the page, and a video to prove it. Enjoy!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2721391;
    It's a shame. Those good looks with such a sour personality.
    he has a mush mouth and an awkward aura about him too.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast