Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Vieth

Re: Ryan Vieth

Interesting that he wrote his "Why reality tv is stupid" blog on the day of the reunion. Wonder if he got hammered?

Remember last year's reunion when Lauri mentioned that people were calling her "tranny" and looked at the other women like, "aren't they calling YOU that too"? and they basically shook their heads, "NO"! That was classic!

Can we please have Kathy Griffin interview these twits? I would LOVE that!

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2753428;
    Interesting that he wrote his "Why reality tv is stupid" blog on the day of the reunion. Wonder if he got hammered?

Remember last year's reunion when Lauri mentioned that people were calling her "tranny" and looked at the other women like, "aren't they calling YOU that too"? and they basically shook their heads, "NO"! That was classic!

Can we please have Kathy Griffin interview these twits? I would LOVE that!
    Oh Sindy -- THAT would be CLASSIC!!!! Send that suggestion to Bravo, please --

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2753334;
    Stayed humble? LMAO! It's not like he's a celebrity or hit the big time. He's a parts picker making $10/hour and his parents have to help pay his rent. If that's not humbling, I don't know what is.

Haha, I never said that the job Ryan works is a glamorous one...everyone starts at the bottom, don't they?

And how is he NOT a celebrity? What do you consider a celebrity to be? He's got 15 or so pages dedicated to him on a fans of television forum. He's on (whether he likes it or not) a widespread television show that has thousands upon thousands of fans/addicts/etc. I've witnessed countless times when people have come up to us, bought us drinks, girls have thrown numbers at him, he's gotten us into places that a guy like me couldn't have gotten in to. Oh yeah, and a certain person/stalker even showed up to his birthday party...granted, Ryan put the info online, but my point still stands...dude has a stalker. He's even got people like me, who could probably meet the definition of an entourage, coming onto these forums and defending him. Does that meet the definition of a celebrity for you?

If you were 22 years young, attractive, coming from an affluent family, and had all of what I just said thrown at you, do you still think it would be easy to stay humble? Let's be honest...probably not. All I'm saying is, give the man credit when it's due.

First, a celeb has made it big time, on their own, and are making millions of dollars. Stalkers are restricted, by their own security. He is not from an affluent family but from working class, normal people who want to make themselves out to be affluent. Would he be recognized internationally? Would he be given credit in Monte Carlo? What has he done on his own?
    This show is not the big time and he is not going to win an Oscar, Golden Globe, nor Emmy. He is getting some attention and will not be noticed in 20 years not even 2 years.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fan

STALKER!? Who you calling a stalker?

Give the kid a break. He just wanted to have some fun on a local reality TV show and get enough money to buy a few pairs of $400 dollar jeans and a motorcycle.

Ryan didn't expect a bunch of killjoys to tell him he's a loser, a slacker, a waste of carbon, question his sexuality and completely trash his mother and suggest that their relationship is incestuous. I believe in CONstructive criticism not DEstructive criticism. I wish him well.

FORT Newbie

Paris Hilton? Nicole Ritchie? Lauren Conrad? Heidi Montag? Sean Stewart? Randy Spelling?

C'mon now, all of the people I just listed are widely known celebrities (if you don't know them, do the international celebrity test...google them), and can you tell me one of them that is making millions of dollars on their own by "making it big time"? Being a celebrity, for the most part, involves hard work, dedication, and determination. For people like Ryan, Ms. Hilton and Ms. Ritchie, it all stems from where you come from and how you spin it to your own benefit. And you think this show isn't the big time? It's gets over half a million viewers per episode. It may not be primetime network drama, but it's still a widely watched show.

I'm not saying that Ryan's "celebrity status" is earned, or even deserved...my point is, he could've reacted to it like other people who have been in his shoes and turned into an egotistical snob, but he hasn't.

I'm done posting here after this one, because it's pretty obvious that defending my friend and his reputation against the person that this show has portrayed is about as pointless as, well, arguing on the internet. Take care.

PS. Hi pizzagirl, knew you'd have something positive to say about Mr. Vieth

Check out Paris Hilton and even her lesser known sister. They are making lots of money on their own with their own businesses. Granted, they have the Hilton name and capitol, but they are not slackers. Also, they do come from one of the most affluent families in the country, even the world. If anyone hasn't done something so bad, then why do they need a defense?
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2753715;

Give the kid a break. He just wanted to have some fun on a local reality TV show and get enough money to buy a few pairs of $400 dollar jeans and a motorcycle.

Ryan didn't expect a bunch of killjoys to tell him he's a loser, a slacker, a waste of carbon, question his sexuality and completely trash his mother and suggest that their relationship is incestuous. I believe in CONstructive criticism not DEstructive criticism. I wish him well.
    I think Ryan is just like Josh and Megan and mad cause they got a whole lot of bashing by people when their mamas and daddys went on the show and the kids probly had no say and ended up being laughed at and probly didnt know it would happen. I am pretty close to their age so i can understand how they feel and i dont think i would be all happy if people like laughed at me and my mama and daddy let a tv show tell all my bad secrets. So i like the show and stuff and like to come here and read about it but i feel bad for the kids sometimes cause i dont think their families helped them one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2753715;

I hope he had fun and it was worth any $$$ he got! Ryan (& his celebrity latcher-oners) are stupid for viewing TV message boards. Really, this is very insiginficant in the scope of things. Driver, you need to do a google search for Real Housewives and see all the articles from around the country in various newspapers and what they have to say about your celebrity friend. It will make your head spin. Again, FORT is a very small piece of this puzzle.

It's a good thing we have a counter-balance of constructive criticism. Hey, I give constructive criticism too. I tell Lauri to cover her face as she's scaring the kids. That's a freakin' Public Service Announcement if you ask ME!

Here's some constructive criticism for Ryan....ready.......

"Hey celebrity Ryan, quit complaining and get to work!"

Hopefully he takes my constructive criticism to heart!
    Last edited by SindyLew; 01-15-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deutsche_driver;2753725;
    Paris Hilton? Nicole Ritchie? Lauren Conrad? Heidi Montag? Sean Stewart? Randy Spelling?

C'mon now, all of the people I just listed are widely known celebrities (if you don't know them, do the international celebrity test...google them), and can you tell me one of them that is making millions of dollars on their own by "making it big time"? Being a celebrity, for the most part, involves hard work, dedication, and determination. For people like Ryan, Ms. Hilton and Ms. Ritchie, it all stems from where you come from and how you spin it to your own benefit. And you think this show isn't the big time? It's gets over half a million viewers per episode. It may not be primetime network drama, but it's still a widely watched show.

I'm not saying that Ryan's "celebrity status" is earned, or even deserved...my point is, he could've reacted to it like other people who have been in his shoes and turned into an egotistical snob, but he hasn't.

I'm done posting here after this one, because it's pretty obvious that defending my friend and his reputation against the person that this show has portrayed is about as pointless as, well, arguing on the internet. Take care.

PS. Hi pizzagirl, knew you'd have something positive to say about Mr. Vieth
    I've given Ryan slack. He's young. I'm sure the money Bravo offered was a lot for him. But being young limits how far into the future you see. Glad he's got a well meaning, educated sounding friend on his side to help him through the muck his parents and others are involved in. Thanks for your insight.