Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Vieth

FORT Regular

Re: Ryan Vieth

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2752614;
    And another thing - if Ryan really wants to be a rolling stone and move to Hawaii or Texas or wherever the wind blows him, now is the time to do it, while he is single and unencumbered by responsibility.
    True, but who there will be helping him land a job or paying his rent? If he's this unhappy after all the help he's been given, how in the world will he be happy when he has to forgo the $70 bar tabs and $400 jeans so that he can eat and have a roof over his head?

Quote Originally Posted by deutsche_driver;2752612;
    I've read over a few pages of this thread, and find it absolutely entertaining. You guys need to have a 30 minute commentary spot after each episode of RHOC. But, I digress...

...I, myself, have fallen guilty of the quick-to-judge mentality that occurs when you watch an edited television show. Hell, if I didn't know Ryan, I can see how the show can cause people to dislike the guy. However, after watching a few episodes of the show, I feel the need to tell you that the Ryan you see on TV is nothing like the guy in real life. I've been out with him when he's been recognized, I've seen how many girls have flocked to this guy because of this show, and I can honestly say that he's stayed humble, approachable, and just a geniune nice guy. While his work ethic may need some fine tuning (he's got his lazy moments at work, but who doesn't), I enjoy working and hanging out with the guy. Don't hold it against him that the producers are willing to demolish a person's reputation in order to make a "good" television show...In my opinion, this show is a complete waste of air time, and I really hope that Ryan makes the smart decision to not be on the show next year if his family is asked back

Ps. I watched the show for two reasons: #1. I consider Ryan a pretty good friend of mine, so I was anxious to see how the producers portrayed him; #2. I wanted to see if I was on tv when they filmed us at work Can't blame me for that one
    Thanks deutsche driver for your insight on Ryan based on your own personal experience. No one can blame you for watching to see if you ended up on the show, but maybe now you're glad you didn't!

FORT Fanatic

Ryan has not been judged very harshly. He is portrayed as a bit of a slacker and slightly clueless but it could have been much worst.
    He must know that people see right thru the other castmembers as well.
    How about him enjoying the perks, have a good time and move on his merry way?
    He was not a villain. That role fell on other kids. If anything he was shown in a sympathetic manner.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by limom;2752861;
    Ryan has not been judged very harshly. He is portrayed as a bit of a slacker and slightly clueless but it could have been much worse.
    He must know that people see right thru the other castmembers as well.
    How about him enjoying the perks, have a good time and move on his merry way?
    He was not a villain. That role fell on other kids. If anything he was shown in a sympathetic manner.
    I hope Ryan signs up again if there is a Season 4, but he should ask for twice as much money. He's worth it. Definitely the most talked about kid this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2753069;
    I hope Ryan signs up again if there is a Season 4, but he should ask for twice as much money. He's worth it. Definitely the most talked about kid this time around.
    If he does sign up, after his little tirade about reality TV yesterday on his myspace, it will show he's a liar and a money-grubbing monger like the rest of the "coto" peeps he hates so much.

He's the most talked about "kid" because the others wore out their welcome with the viewing audience. Same ole, same ole!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2752195;
    I read it too. I can see both sides. I'm sure editing makes him look more like a loser than he really is to some degree, but then again, if he was a hard, industrious worker, editing couldn't hide that. If I had a show watching me, I'm sure my random acts of kindness would end up in the cutting room floor and only snippets of me getting pissed at my kids for something they did for the zillionth time, me calling a driver a cuss word under my breath after they nearly caused an accident or me crying and being stressed out because my husband is gone so much and I'm the only one juggling the balls in the house would be all they would show. While that is a small part of my life, it definitely doesn't define who I am. I give Ryan a break, but only SO much. We do have to remember that he's still young. To be able to step out of himself to make changes requires maturity that doesn't evolve in men until their late 20's, sometimes later, sometimes never (Uncle Ritchie? Slade?)
    Wordy McWord!

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2753121;
    If he does sign up, after his little tirade about reality TV yesterday on his myspace, it will show he's a liar and a money-grubbing monger like the rest of the "coto" peeps he hates so much.

He's the most talked about "kid" because the others wore out their welcome with the viewing audience. Same ole, same ole!
    Cryan can't have it both ways. If he wants to be on the show,then he has to grin and bear the criticism. IMO, he's a spineless mama's boy.

If you are afraid of the editing, shut up, go to work, stop whining.
    East of Reality

FORT Regular

I've seen how many girls have flocked to this guy because of this show, and I can honestly say that he's stayed humble, approachable, and just a geniune nice guy.
    Stayed humble? LMAO! It's not like he's a celebrity or hit the big time. He's a parts picker making $10/hour and his parents have to help pay his rent. If that's not humbling, I don't know what is.

Honestly, he seems like a pretty nice kid to me - just lazy and spoiled. He seems to want everything to be handed to him without having to work for it. Of course he does, who doesn't? The difference is that many people are realistic and realize that's not going to happen so they DO something about it. He's still relatively young so maybe he'll realize that in time.

I have a feeling that he was trying to play up the spoiled part for the cameras to look "cute" but it really backfired on him and just makes him seem like a brat to some people.

FORT Regular

I actually do not find Ryan to be all that interesting, personally.

If he were ten years old, I'd call him a brat. He left that moniker a long time ago. There are other names for people like him and they aren't flattering.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.