Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Vieth

Re: Ryan Vieth

Quote Originally Posted by 4213;2748163;
    I thought only girls wear $400 dollar jeans. Oh, I forgot, I think Ryan and his mother share their jean collection.
    Of course they share the same jeans, silly girl. He is her son after all. Oh wait, is it jeans or genes? I would imagine she is the "$400 jeans" type, but kinky stuff costs extra.

I think she only mentioned the price just for the camera.
    I love pretty pearls.

Did anyone notice his new hair color last night? It looked like shoe polish.

FORT Newbie

I wonder if Ryan bought his $400 pair of dungarees at Java Jeans. Speaking of which, I haven't seen much of the OC Energy Drink, scantily clad, overly made up beauties lately. Maybe they've run out of energy or worse, they no longer have the OC Hummer to sell their wares.

I think I found the *perfect* job for Fryan. He would still be pickin'...but not for parts. And it pays $15 more an hour!!!

Gotta love good ole Craigslist.

Lice Remover

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

I hope Tamra reads this thread. This is from Dr. Phil's: Parents, Stop Spoiling Your Kids.

Your primary job as a parent is to prepare your child for how the world really works. In the real world, you don't always get what you want. You will be better able to deal with that as an adult if you've experienced it as a child.

If your parent/child relationship is based on material goods, your child won't have the chance to experience unconditional love.

Be a good role model. "We're not the only influence in our kids' lives, so we better be the best influence," says Dr. Phil.

Redefine what taking care of your children means. Are you providing for them emotionally and spiritually? You need not buy them material goods in order to create a bond. Instead of tangible gifts, how about spending some time together? Be careful that you aren't teaching them that emotions can be healed by a trip to the mall.

Don't let your guilt get in the way of your parenting. "Your job as a parent is not to make yourself feel good by giving the child everything that makes you feel good when you give it," Dr. Phil tells one mom. Your job as a parent is to prepare your child to succeed in school and when they get out into the world. "Kids have to be socialized in a way that they understand you work hard for what you get." You don't want to teach your child that they will get everything through manipulation, pouting, crying, door slamming and guilt induction.

Make sure your children aren't defining their happiness and their status in the world as a function of what they wear or drive. Sit down with them and have a one-on-one conversation about what really defines their worth — their intelligence, their creativity, their caring, their giving, their work ethic, etc. If you spent equal time sitting down and talking to them about what really mattered as you do shopping, you might be able counterbalance the countless images they see telling them otherwise.

Understand "intrinsic" versus "extrinsic" motivation. Intrinsic motivation is when people do things because they feel proud of themselves when they do it. They feel a sense of accomplishment and achievement. Extrinsic motivation is when someone does something because of external motivation. For example, they will receive money, a toy or priviledge if they do the task. If you are always rewarding your child with material things, he/she will never learn how to motivate themselves with internal rewards like pride. They also will never learn to value things because there are so many things and nothing is special.

Make sure your child understands the value of hard work. For example, Dr. Phil explains, "I always told our boys, 'If you make Cs, you're going to have a C standard of living. If you make Bs, you're going to have a B standard of living. If you make As, you're going to have an A standard of living.'"

Dr. Phil reminds one young guest who aspires to be wealthy that it's not a bad goal, but it takes a lot of hard work to get there. "The difference between winners and losers is winners do things losers don't want to do. And that's work hard to get ready to be a star," he says.

If your child idolizes a celebrity, ask him/her why. Dr. Phil speaks to one young guest who looks up to rich girls like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. "What have either of them ever done, except spend money that they got from somebody else? What is it you're looking up to?"

Your child does not have to love you every minute of every day. He'll get over the disappointment of having been told "no." But he won't get over the effects of being spoiled.

Help your child set goals. Teach him/her that striving to own nice things is fine if he/she understands how much hard work it takes to afford that, and then doesn't base his/her self-worth around what she buys.

Source: Dr. Phil : Parents, STOP Spoiling Your Kids
    Dr. Phil.com - Advice - Stop Spoiling Your Kids

I just read what ryan said on that myspace and I was thinking how all of the kids on the show are probly sad their parents went on the show. I am more ryans age and older then Josh but i would be really sad if my mamma or daddy went on a show and then i was left to defend myself cause kids our age sometimes have a hard time but with those parents i think all those kids have a much harder time and all the money their parents say they have cant help thier kids. I think Ryan and Josh are really mad and i dont blame them even though they are old enough to know better. It's sorta like when you have a problem with your parents and then they throw a big party and put you in the middle of the room so all their friends can throw stuff at you. At least my mama would never do that to me and we dont have money either.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

I read it too. I can see both sides. I'm sure editing makes him look more like a loser than he really is to some degree, but then again, if he was a hard, industrious worker, editing couldn't hide that. If I had a show watching me, I'm sure my random acts of kindness would end up in the cutting room floor and only snippets of me getting pissed at my kids for something they did for the zillionth time, me calling a driver a cuss word under my breath after they nearly caused an accident or me crying and being stressed out because my husband is gone so much and I'm the only one juggling the balls in the house would be all they would show. While that is a small part of my life, it definitely doesn't define who I am. I give Ryan a break, but only SO much. We do have to remember that he's still young. To be able to step out of himself to make changes requires maturity that doesn't evolve in men until their late 20's, sometimes later, sometimes never (Uncle Ritchie? Slade?)

Hey, I give Ryan credit for being P.O.'d for the way he's been portrayed. At least he REALIZES that it doesn't LOOK good. I mean, look at all the adults, they have NO problem with their egos, binge drinking, slanderous lies, selfish, spoiled, no-good lazy butts!

Good for you Ryan! Even though there is a lot that I don't like about you (as shown on TV), I give you 100% credit for being PO'd. I would be too! Scott D is making a mint off of embarassing you and your family. I hope your Mom thinks it was worth it!

FORT Newbie

I've read over a few pages of this thread, and find it absolutely entertaining. You guys need to have a 30 minute commentary spot after each episode of RHOC. But, I digress...

...I, myself, have fallen guilty of the quick-to-judge mentality that occurs when you watch an edited television show. Hell, if I didn't know Ryan, I can see how the show can cause people to dislike the guy. However, after watching a few episodes of the show, I feel the need to tell you that the Ryan you see on TV is nothing like the guy in real life. I've been out with him when he's been recognized, I've seen how many girls have flocked to this guy because of this show, and I can honestly say that he's stayed humble, approachable, and just a geniune nice guy. While his work ethic may need some fine tuning (he's got his lazy moments at work, but who doesn't), I enjoy working and hanging out with the guy. Don't hold it against him that the producers are willing to demolish a person's reputation in order to make a "good" television show...In my opinion, this show is a complete waste of air time, and I really hope that Ryan makes the smart decision to not be on the show next year if his family is asked back

Ps. I watched the show for two reasons: #1. I consider Ryan a pretty good friend of mine, so I was anxious to see how the producers portrayed him; #2. I wanted to see if I was on tv when they filmed us at work Can't blame me for that one

FORT Fan

And another thing - if Ryan really wants to be a rolling stone and move to Hawaii or Texas or wherever the wind blows him, now is the time to do it, while he is single and unencumbered by responsibility.