Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does "Chompers"(George) have a pre-nup?

FORT Fogey

Re: Does "Chompers"(George) have a pre-nup?

I say he is not doing a pre-nup. That way when the marriage folds he will get off only owing HALF to all of his debtors. She will be awarded and owe the other half.
    IF there are any assets, he has already hidden them from his first wife.

[QUOTE=New Mommy;2701022;]A prenup is for the couple, not the kids, in case of divorce. And from hearing Lauri, she's not going anywhere! She sounds like a tick. I don't think she'd sign one anyway. I can hear her saying, "but honey, we're gonna make it for 50 years. Sign the will and these insurance papers, though."

A will is for the whole family. From the talk, Lou definitely took care of his wife and showed he didn't give a hoot about any of his kids, not just L and M.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with you, although those kids seem to be in denial about it. He obviously made the necessary legal efforts to ensure "Netdao" was taken care of and that was about it. Hard way for the kids to learn that actions speak louder than words.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

2 words for Lou Knickerbocker......ALL show.

Does anyone know how old Chompers is? I was wondering if he was younger than Lauri

[QUOTE=Margaritaville;2701266;]
    Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2701022;
    A prenup is for the couple, not the kids, in case of divorce. And from hearing Lauri, she's not going anywhere! She sounds like a tick. I don't think she'd sign one anyway. I can hear her saying, "but honey, we're gonna make it for 50 years. Sign the will and these insurance papers, though."

A will is for the whole family. From the talk, Lou definitely took care of his wife and showed he didn't give a hoot about any of his kids, not just L and M.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with you, although those kids seem to be in denial about it. He obviously made the necessary legal efforts to ensure "Netdao" was taken care of and that was about it. Hard way for the kids to learn that actions speak louder than words.
    They are his products, as their words reflect how they really feel about him.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I just found out that my neighbor has a prenup and she is far from what these Coto people would think has any "money". Sometimes people know that protection is inevitable.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I don't know if anyone else ever watches the Suze Orman show....but she says that there are definitely times when a prenup is a must. And those times are usually when one has children from a previous marriage and assets, suh as a home, etc.

The prenup is not to be viewed as indication that the marriage will fail. It is more so that the children are protected.

So in George's case (not that I give a flip!) he should have a prenup to protect his children down the road because we all know that Lauri is not looking out for his kids, only herself.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2702285;
    I don't know if anyone else ever watches the Suze Orman show....but she says that there are definitely times when a prenup is a must. And those times are usually when one has children from a previous marriage and assets, suh as a home, etc.

The prenup is not to be viewed as indication that the marriage will fail. It is more so that the children are protected.

So in George's case (not that I give a flip!) he should have a prenup to protect his children down the road because we all know that Lauri is not looking out for his kids, only herself.
    Slooooowwww down now - you're assuming he cares about his kids. I kinda see a bit of Lou in there - I think it's just an act.

The prenup protects your property prior to the marriage and states what each get in a divorce. There is community property in CA so Lauri has a stake in that, UNLESS, he has everything in a corporation and she doesn't know. Most of these people tend to lease things which then, there is no ownership in the long run. AAAAAWWWWWW, have to give up that car.
    I know a couple who actually gave up their community property which means they walk away with nothing except what they came with.

How come we never actually see George working or leaving for work? The only one I've seen who's actually got a job is Vicki. Oh and I almost forgot - Jo, in that episode where she tells Slade she got a job!

What happened to Lauri's jewelry business and working for Vicki selling insurance? Did she just chunk all that?

Does Duff still work for Vicki? I liked him.

Has Lauri completely abandoned Josh? As a mother of a teenage son I could never put another man before my son - ever. I don't care if he had "gazillions" (as Jo once said). My son is everything to me.

Lauri is going to regret it one day. When George dies and she's all alone, Josh is going to remind her of how she treated him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast