Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which Housewife would you like to spend the day with

Re: Which Housewife would you like to spend the day with

Quote Originally Posted by RealitiniMan;2733846;
    I think the most interesting thing about these nouveau riche housewives is that i don't believe any are originally *from* Orange County, CA.

Most, if i'm not misdtaken, are from out of State and specifically the Midwest.

Their entire claim to fame is based on living in, or just outside of, Coto de Caza- which, IMO, is almost Rivertucky/'the 909' but bigger houses.
    Hey now! I am from So Cal and moved to the Midwest a couple years ago. These freaks are not like anyone out here. They are perfect for 'the 909' though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B;2733892;
    Hey now! I am from So Cal and moved to the Midwest a couple years ago. These freaks are not like anyone out here. They are perfect for 'the 909' though.
    I am a 2nd gen OC gal! And I am NOTHING like any of these HoWives.
    My son is a 3rd gen OC boy. He plays a sport in college and is NOTHING like Shane. Or Michael or Ryan for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2733983;
    I am a 2nd gen OC gal! And I am NOTHING like any of these HoWives.
    My son is a 3rd gen OC boy. He plays a sport in college and is NOTHING like Shane. Or Michael or Ryan for that matter.
    Exactly.

Thanks for helping dispel the myth that these women are prototypical of what one would find in OC. I grew up in and around OC, went to school here, etc and the mindset that the Shanes, Ryans, and Michaels of the world display come with being the kids of parents who are verrry materialistic and *think* that there is a certain way they have to keep up with the Jones'.

The housewives, IMO, seem to want to live a lifestyle that is well above them and live waaay outside their true means. I'd liken it to those stories one hears about the farmgirl who comes to Cali to 'strike it big' (Lauri immediately comes to mind as does the housewife who left OC to go back to Chicago).

FORT Fan

Lived in Orange County for over 30 years...originally from New York but moved right after college.
    Raised my own family in Orange County and was widowed when my daughter was 11. She is a college graduate and has a good job and still lives in Orange County.
    I contend that most people from OC are fairly normal and family oriented if a bit more affluent than most of the country.
    I agree with the assessment that most of these women are wanna bees and posers. They are not typical but who wants to watch typical? My own life was not particularly snarkworthy!

I would have to spend the day with Jeanna.

Mogeli (sp?) - the dog. I could spend the day with him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345