Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo/Slade not invited back?

FORT Newbie

Re: Jo/Slade not invited back?

I liked Slade too, but truth to tell, he has some issues. He likes to control to the point it could be smothering. Plus, why would he pour his heart and soul (I like Jo too) into a gal that obviously so not going anywhere...wanted different things...

But what really worries me about Slade is to let himself go over the edge for a woman like that to either pretend he was wealthy (hello...pretty psycho) or the show set him up with the fake stuff.

Either way I hope Jo knew or Slade must have really been freakin' because that was part of the pkg he portrayed which he knew she'd find out about soon. I'm just saying Jo will be okay...she's a survivor...Worried about Slade tho- being a grown man and allowing himself to be that out of control (if he did quit his job and stop paying his bills) over a woman.

What ya think? Am I off base?

Quote Originally Posted by pspence;2732108;
    Oh my gosh...can't believe that Slade could have possibly been broke...I hope it is not true because that is very wierd. Did Jo know? Was he fooling the show or did the show in the beginning help him possibly fake everything?
    Dude.

Did you ever hear of that show 'Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire'..???

Seems the 'multi-millionaire' was a local comedy hack who owned a house that was worth just a wee bit over the 'million' dollar mark.

When asked about his finances the producers shrugged.

Quote Originally Posted by pspence;2732109;
    I liked Slade too, but truth to tell, he has some issues. He likes to control to the point it could be smothering. Plus, why would he pour his heart and soul (I like Jo too) into a gal that obviously so not going anywhere...wanted different things...

But what really worries me about Slade is to let himself go over the edge for a woman like that to either pretend he was wealthy (hello...pretty psycho) or the show set him up with the fake stuff.

Either way I hope Jo knew or Slade must have really been freakin' because that was part of the pkg he portrayed which he knew she'd find out about soon. I'm just saying Jo will be okay...she's a survivor...Worried about Slade tho- being a grown man and allowing himself to be that out of control (if he did quit his job and stop paying his bills) over a woman.

The guy collected over $100K of movie 'costumes' that he bought off of eBay and collected throughout the years. If he had problems letting *them* go- and he did- then he's bound to have problems letting HoJo go.

And the Amex Black card.....he has to spend over $250K on it/year. If not, they take it back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealitiniMan;2732112;
    The guy collected over $100K of movie 'costumes' that he bought off of eBay and collected throughout the years. If he had problems letting *them* go- and he did- then he's bound to have problems letting HoJo go.

And the Amex Black card.....he has to spend over $250K on it/year. If not, they take it back.
    Not JUST spend. He had to pay it off each month too!

FORT Regular

It's true, Slade was a poser. He wasn't rich. According to tax records, he originally paid in the $700k range for his house in Coto. He took out additional home equity loans of nearly $1 million, apparently to finance his lifestyle and put on an image for the cameras. I'm guessing he thought the show would lead to bigger things for him in the end and that would bring in the cash. His house is currently in foreclosure, he owes over 1.6 million for it, more than double what he paid!! You had to wonder how he could afford that lifestyle as a manager or a title company. That job doesn't bring in the big bucks.

As for the Amex, he probably didn't have it for very long. He probably paid for it with the home equity loan.

I live in a gated community where homes range from $500k-5 million. (Not in CA). It's amazing how many people here are posers and don't make the kind of money that you would think. Interest only, no doc loans with ARMs get them in here, and they live in a big house they can't afford to furnish. Then eventually they lose it all because the finances and reality catch up with them. I guess living above your means is the norm for a lot of people. I think it's just mere stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2732333;
    It's true, Slade was a poser. He wasn't rich.

Yeah, it was kinda obvious what a poser he was, if you remember every time they showed his house it always looked empty inside...remember that room that he and Jo were always in--it looked like the only piece of furniture in it was a couch.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

I read that Slade works at Hilton/Hyland in Beverly Hills. I don't see him on their page of associates though. Another PR scheme perhaps???

Malibu home for sale, Beverly Hills real estate, Brentwood home

Quote Originally Posted by pspence;2732109;

Haven't you considered that it was all a front to get into show biz??? I guess they were pretty good actors.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2732383;
    I read that Slade works at Hilton/Hyland in Beverly Hills. I don't see him on their page of associates though. Another PR scheme perhaps???

Malibu home for sale, Beverly Hills real estate, Brentwood home
    I don't think janitors are referred to as "associates".

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2732411;
    I don't think janitors are referred to as "associates".

you don't think so?