Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo/Slade not invited back?

Re: Jo/Slade not invited back?

I don't think that he nor Jo actually purchased those items we saw them with. The product placement was too obvious. The balloon rides, the race car thing, all those "dates" were also ways to get the publicity/advertising for the companies. They were never shown actually paying for anything. When he flashed that black AMEX, he never used it. I don't remember that they bought anything in that store. Why didn't they show the furniture delivery and the mrs telling the movers where to put all the stuff? Even the house didn't look lived in. I think that whole story was poor acting at its best.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Newbie

Thank you, PugMom. That is exactly what I meant to say about myspace. Slade was born in Oct. 1969. He is definitely NOT 33. Nice try, Slade. People can be 100 on Myspace, I don't care. Just know though that if you are on TV, you can't pull the wool over the fans' eyes.

Now that Jo is no longer on the show, who is going to represent ethnic diversity? Dominico? What about McKenzie? Is she part "ethnic"? Maybe that's why Duff said Coto De Caucasian.
    Last edited by Toad; 11-23-2007 at 12:59 AM.
    Ribbitt

FORT Newbie

that was a classic scene............... can you imagine sitting in couples therapy and getting dumped right there.......... i guess, after he walks out you can just stay for an extra hour of therapy. LOL!!! I"m surprised that she still let him stay on as her manager. I am not watching this season but its fun reading these posts.............. do you think anyone on that show has at least one boob thats real?

Bob Cutarella, "Take another 4 bars"

Jo, "What's 4 bars" " Do I really need to get that drunk?"

Did you guys notice she got lost and she had navigation in Slade's (Bravo's) Mercedes? Did Simon sell them that car?
    Ribbitt

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

November 27, 2007 Reality TV Magazine: Jo De La Rosa from Real Housewives Of Orange County Gets Her Own Reality Pilot

Jo De La Rosa from Real Housewives Of Orange County Gets Her Own Reality Pilot

One of the stars of the first two seasons of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Orange County is getting their own reality pilot. Bravo has announced a one-hour pilot that will feature Jo De La Rosa. The pilot is being produced by Evolution Film & Tape, Inc.
    The pilot will be a reality dating show which will follow De La Rosa as she looks for love in Los Angeles. De La Rosa moved to Los Angeles in order to pursue a singing career. The pilot is scheduled to be shot in December 2007.
    Meanwhile, the third season of The Real Housewives of Orange County is currently airing on Bravo. The Real Housewives of Orange County airs on Tuesdays at 10:00PM ET/PT. Original real-life "housewives" Vicki Gunvalson, Jeana Keough and Lauri Waring, second season's Tammy Knickerbocker, and this year's new housewife, Tamra Barney are featured on the third season.

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2693121;
    November 27, 2007 Reality TV Magazine: Jo De La Rosa from Real Housewives Of Orange County Gets Her Own Reality Pilot

Jo De La Rosa from Real Housewives Of Orange County Gets Her Own Reality Pilot

One of the stars of the first two seasons of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Orange County is getting their own reality pilot. Bravo has announced a one-hour pilot that will feature Jo De La Rosa. The pilot is being produced by Evolution Film & Tape, Inc.
    The pilot will be a reality dating show which will follow De La Rosa as she looks for love in Los Angeles. De La Rosa moved to Los Angeles in order to pursue a singing career. The pilot is scheduled to be shot in December 2007.
    Meanwhile, the third season of The Real Housewives of Orange County is currently airing on Bravo. The Real Housewives of Orange County airs on Tuesdays at 10:00PM ET/PT. Original real-life "housewives" Vicki Gunvalson, Jeana Keough and Lauri Waring, second season's Tammy Knickerbocker, and this year's new housewife, Tamra Barney are featured on the third season.

OMG. Another I love New York? With an LA twist of course. I bet the other "ladies" are so jealous. This could've been Lauri's big break. Instead she hooked up with Georgie!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Regular

Wonder what age the spin doctors will assign to HoJo for this latest endeavor. She seems to be forever 21 in the eyes of some. In reality she has got to be closer to 30 than to 20.

FORT Newbie

I was shocked that she tried to pass herself off as 24 on the first season...my son and his friends are 24 and Jo looks years older than any of them. She must be at least 30 and Slade looks 40 ish, IMO.
    Poor Slades' parents...they looked horribly embarrassed for him while shopping in that furniture store.
    How about when he was excercising that sad body of his, wearing an eye mask and lamenting how he was such a *catch*??? I actually howled out loud with laughter!!

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Slade apparently was a troublemaker....

In early March -- shortly before the broadcast of the show's second-season finale -- The Los Angeles Times published a report in which several of The Real Housewives' cast members (but primarily Smiley) voiced their frustration about their Bravo relationship and the endorsement, publicity and media appearance restrictions the network had contractually placed upon them.

At the time, Smiley had told The Times that while The Real Housewives' cast members were being compensated for their participation in the show, Bravo's restrictions had been hampering the cast's ability to exploit their newfound television fame for additional financial gain.

"All of us made it happen," Smiley told The Times. "I won't let my success be handled by someone else."

Part of Smiley's success plan apparently included using the show as a platform to launch a singing career for De La Rosa. Although the first part of Smiley's plan worked -- The Real Housewives' second season included footage of De La Rosa recording a demo song that led to her signing a record contract with immergent Records in late March -- the next part hit a bump when Bravo publicists reportedly called to "reprimand" him after the two attempted to promote De La Rosa's singing career at various events.

"They hate the fact we've figured how to take exposure from the show and turn it into something," Smiley, who also took credit for being the one to originally suggest that De La Rosa participate in The Real Housewives, told The Times in the March report. "We're about making personal relationships in the industry. It comes across when we meet people. We're not hungry for it. We're not pushing too hard."

De La Rosa had told The Times that Bravo had been "very supportive" of her efforts to launch a singing career.

At the time, Smiley told The Times he was planning on moving forward with a spin-off show for De La Rosa that he called Just Jo -- the same name of her debut album, which immergent Records had originally intended to coincide with The Real Housewives' third-season fall premiere but has since been pushed back to early 2008.

Bravo's publicist would not comment on whether Smiley will have any on-camera or off-camera involvement in the network's De La Rosa dating show pilot.

Source: Bravo orders ex-'Housewives' star Jo De La Rosa reality dating pilot - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs