Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

FORT Regular

Re: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Thanks Tictac! I was pretty sure Donn was drinking but it's been a long time since I saw that episode.

Here's the rub - aircraft pilots aren't allowed to have a beer or two while taxing down the runway, landing or cruising at 30,000 feet on autopilot. Heck, they can't even have a drink up to 8 hours before they assume control of an aircraft. (I could be wrong, it's an FAA regulation if anyone wants to check the exact time)

Why should people operating watercraft be alllowed to drink? I would not even get into a boat if the operator was drinking. Same with a car. Terrible example to set for the young people, too. Shame on the Gunvalson's. They clearly know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2781400;
    Thanks Tictac! I was pretty sure Donn was drinking but it's been a long time since I saw that episode.

Here's the rub - aircraft pilots aren't allowed to have a beer or two while taxing down the runway, landing or cruising at 30,000 feet on autopilot. Heck, they can't even have a drink up to 8 hours before they assume control of an aircraft. (I could be wrong, it's an FAA regulation if anyone wants to check the exact time)

Why should people operating watercraft be alllowed to drink? I would not even get into a boat if the operator was drinking. Same with a car. Terrible example to set for the young people, too. Shame on the Gunvalson's. They clearly know better.
    You are right about driving a boat while intoxicated. An episode of one of those real police shows was just shown at Lake Hahvisu (sp???) where the police were stopping boaters left and right. The officers stated that they impound the boats and arrest the drivers. This was filmed during some spring break and the lake was packed with people, most teens and young adults. Donn and Vicky were breaking some open container law and probably were DUI. I'm sure the show will be repeated on the court channel.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

Thanks for the heads up New Mommy. That sounds like a good show! I am truly confused about what's legal and what's not when it comes to drinking and boating. All I know is there have been some horrific accidents and fatalities involving drunk boaters and other kinds of watercraft (like the ski-doos). I read an article in the OC Register that emphasized how many liquor stores there are in these areas, how cheap beer is (60 cents a bottle), and the problems with teens and college age kids flocking to the lake and Colorado River to get drunk and party. Just seems like a recipe for disaster IMO. Recreational boating is great fun but not worth being seriously injured or even killed because someone had too much to drink.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation, Jesper and tictac. I'm still curious, though -- did that happen in a previous season, or did it happen this season and I just missed it (highly likely ).

Oh, and how long have Vicki and Donn been married?

Drunk 'Boat' driving really hits home for me. As kids, we'd go water-skiing every summer and when I was 14 or 15, I remember it being super busy and dad deciding to call it a day as there were too many boats/skiiers in the water. As we were heading back in to shore, one of the "crazy" speedboats was circling back in to pick up their downed skier -- going way too fast -- and plowed right over her. Full throttle. I didn't see it happen, I just remember the screams and how everything seemed to just stop. Except for the screams. We later learned that the driver had been drinking and that the skiier had died of massive head injuries. It happened over 30 years ago and I can still remember the screams. I wonder what ever happened to the driver of that boat. Was it a friend he ran over and killed? His wife? His child?

Sorry, sorry. Back to Vicki.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 02-03-2008 at 10:46 PM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Boating accidents happen all the time in Texas at Lake LBJ. Most, where people are killed, involve alcohol. Google that sometime. Some really ugly things have happened. While Donn and Vicky might be having a good time, they aren't setting a good example and are endangering themselves, their guests, and the other river people.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Jewelsy, that was this season. Can't remember much else about that epi, so I can't help you there...Colton nearly getting hurt jumping from a rock, Jeana making fun of an overweight woman on another boat...

I'm sorry you had to witness (audibly) that horrible accident. I know from my own experiences of being with a drunk boat driver that it's scary, no fun and not cool. And the worst thing is, you can't just "get out" like you can in a car.

To answer about Donn and Vicki, I'm just guessing, but maybe 12 years? Michael and Brianna are not his children. I'm sure someone else has the real 411 for you!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2780665;
    I noticed that the screaming was even worse this season.
    Oh man! Vicki's screaming!! It has gotten so that I can only watch this show when my husband isn't home!! He said "I don't fuss about anything anyone watches in this house but if I have to hear that drunk woman shriek like that one more time, I am having the cable turned off!!! It's bad enough she never shuts up and never stops bossing everyone around but I can't take that screech one more second!!!!"....LOL!!!.....

I think it is pretty sad that SEVERAL times in the reunion show (and possibly a show before that), Vicki admitted to not remembering things she does when she is drinking??

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine123;2781887;
    Oh man! Vicki's screaming!! It has gotten so that I can only watch this show when my husband isn't home!! He said "I don't fuss about anything anyone watches in this house but if I have to hear that drunk woman shriek like that one more time, I am having the cable turned off!!! It's bad enough she never shuts up and never stops bossing everyone around but I can't take that screech one more second!!!!"....LOL!!!.....

I think it is pretty sad that SEVERAL times in the reunion show (and possibly a show before that), Vicki admitted to not remembering things she does when she is drinking??
    My husband told me the same thing yours did!!! He says that looking at these women makes him physically sick as they are all ads for bad plastic surgery.
    That's the reason I haven't seen the reunion show, except in pieces here and there. Actually, my hubby is trying to break the addition to bad TV, as he put it.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2782115;
    My husband told me the same thing yours did!!! He says that looking at these women makes him physically sick as they are all ads for bad plastic surgery.
    That's the reason I haven't seen the reunion show, except in pieces here and there. Actually, my hubby is trying to break the addition to bad TV, as he put it.
    The husbands need a support group! I was out of town for the reunion show - the hotel had Bravo, but no way was I going to take away vacation time to watch! I have to tivo and watch alone in the dark and it makes me feel so dirty! Every time the Mister has seen a commercial (he's never watched an epi and it ain't gonna happen), he just bleats that they're all fat and ugly. He's never seen/heard Truffle in action, but my cat has the same reaction that most others do - run fast and hide!

I never noticed until the reunion show how bad Vicku's skin is. Menopausal acne mixed with gin blossoms (the red veins you get from too much booze).
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

You guys are brave for even letting them know that you watch it! I hide my addiction and watch when I'm all alone!Heh Heh! Vicki and her yelling and most of the Quinn stuff really made me question why I love watching it so much