Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 646474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Re: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2780971;
    OK what man, worth anything, would not work and live off his wife? I'm pretty sure Donn couldn't stand anything like that, and he seems to be seen as a desirable man.

I'm just sayin'...
    I think Vicky would love to say to the whole world, "My husband doesn't have to work because I'm doing it all." Then she'd turn to him and say, "You better be grateful to me for all this." She's like a man and admits, even bragged to having more testosterone.
    There are lots of men who would love to be in his shoes. I, personally, don't think that these are "real" men, but some wouldn't turn down the good life while their wife is the one out there and he can travel, golf, horseback ride, play, whatever. Lots of women do it. Isn't there one on this show!!!??????
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2780920;
    Two words: Blackout drunk
    Yepper-oooo! I've always agreed with you on that! She looked so damn haggard on that reunion show. Drinking will age you - but fast. I can see it in her face and body - not just her actions. Call Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith! ~ Get to know those names, Truffle, you're going to be reading the book that they wrote! Yay! There's enough drunks there that they can start their own meetings in Coto. All it takes for a meeting is 2 drunks and a resentment. Checker-ooo, we have that covered in spades. A coffee pot helps, but not necessary. Cigarettes used to be mandatory, but now they are frowned upon, even in AA. :nono Brace yourself, you're also going to get to delve into Bible readings, but shhhhhh, don't advertise that. The Big Book of AA is really Shakespeare meets the Bible, so bring a dictionary, the words may be rather LARGE and certainly unfamiliar! Sadly, there are no leaders in AA, only butt trusted servants!

As they say: "Keep comin' back!" ~ and then.....WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

FORT Regular

Amen!

Vicki's emotional meltdown was painful to watch. She thrives on pressure but has been reluctant to concede the price to maintain her lifestyle and feed her ego may well cost her another marriage. Then what? She'll be all alone in that huge home bouncing off the walls. I am no fan of Donn's, I think he has a lot of issues himself, some of which were revealed while he was drinking and driving (the boat) making him not much better than Jeana's soon-to-be-ex-alcoholic-husband Matt.

In a lot of ways, Vicki does have much to be proud about. She has worked hard to build her insurance biz but I think she lost sight of what's really important in life. These so-called friends of hers (possible exception Tammy) are part of the problem, not the solution, because it's clear Vicki is obsessed with keeping up with them, if not being bigger and better. Donn was right about one thing. It is "kinda sad".

FORT Fanatic

In a lot of ways, Vicki does have much to be proud about. She has worked hard to build her insurance biz but I think she lost sight of what's really important in life. These so-called friends of hers (possible exception Tammy) are part of the problem, not the solution, because it's clear Vicki is obsessed with keeping up with them, if not being bigger and better. Donn was right about one thing. It is "kinda sad".
    I think Vicky and Donn both have a drinking problem.
    Those behaviors such as squealing like a pig and calling your wife a "sack of f dog S***are "Kinda sad".
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 02-03-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: fixed quote

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by limom;2781277;
    I think Vicky and Donn both have a drinking problem.
    Those behaviors such as squealing like a pig and calling your wife a "sack of f dog S***are "Kinda sad".
    Whoa. Did he [Don] say that this season (it's my first season watching)?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2781340;
    It is important to know the context of the remark. They were on the boat with Jeanna, Tammy, Frankie and I think Jeanna asked why they were not invited to stay in Vicki's lake house. They all had a room at a motel, and they were not satisfied with the accomodations that were spartan compared to the five star treatment they usually get. I guess this touched upon some things that went on behind the scenes and Vickie tried to brush it off saying Donn gets uptight with too much company. He got mad saying she was throwing him "under the bus" and that she was lying. I bet Vickie didn't want them in their house either and Donn didn't want to play the game of being the bad guy. I don't know why he snapped like that. Knowing that cameras are rolling it was a bit unexpected. I think the tension between donn and vickie was really high at that moment because Vickie was also being drunk, loud and obnoxious and would not quiet down no matter how nicely she was aked.

FORT Regular

Most states have strict laws about boating and alcohol. I would imagine Arizona is no different. Was Donn driving his boat full of people while drinking? Personally, that is how it looked to me. Others may have a different impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2781340;
    He sure did. They were out on the boat with Jeana, Tammy and Frankie. Apparently, The Truffle Hunter lied to the above folks and told them they had to stay in a hotel; that Donn would not allow them to stay in their double-wide. That seemed to catch Donn off-guard, and he clarified that he had said no such thing and that his wife was a "lying sack of dog ship". While I agree that's no way to treat a lady, she is no lady and most certainly deserved to be called on her crap. She lied for whatever reason; she didn't want them staying with her and placed the blame on Donn. She's a great finger-pointer/blame artist. I don't think she has an honest bone in her body; lies seem to just pour out as fast as the cocktails pour down.

Know how to tell when an alcoholic is lying? - Their lips are moving.

I agree, Limon, I think Donn has troubles with the bottle as well, and it's always good to have a lower companion to drink with.

Maybe an alternative title might be "The Real Lushes of Orange County". That way it doesn't matter if you're a housewife or not. Not that that mattered anyway. "Intoxicated Idiots in Isolation"? "Boozey, Booby Bimbos being Bitchy"? "South County Sots"? "Cackling Coto Coke Queens"?
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2781371;
    Most states have strict laws about boating and alcohol. I would imagine Arizona is no different. Was Donn driving his boat full of people while drinking? Personally, that is how it looked to me. Others may have a different impression.
    Yes and in fact they were stopped by the lake patrol for a safety check and Donn was very angry that Vickie was acting loud with them because he said they could have gotten in trouble. She narrates that scene saying the lake is very dangerous because it is very crowded and a lot of people are drinking! Yeah, a lot of people like Vickie! In all fairness to Donn, I can't say he seemed under the influence in that episode but everyone else had a corona in there hands and vickie kept offering them to everyone.

FORT Regular

Woo-Hoo you nailed that one Jesper!

I said it once, I'll say it again .... when it comes to abusing alcohol, it doesn't matter if you are drinking the best wine out of your private wine cellar or a bottle of cheap no-name tequila, vodka, gin, bourbon, etc. Drunk is drunk.

Donn is clearly at home with this group of passive aggressives.