Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Re: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

I don't think she intends to change....she looked almost in tears at some points of the reunion show but also seemed willing to do whatever she has to in order to build her 'empire'. That empire won't keep her warm at night or fill the empty places, and the alcohol will only isolate her more

If she claims not to remember things, I believe her. First stages of alcoholism are black out episodes where you remember nothing. The frequency increases and soon every drink is a black out drunk. No doubt Viku is an alcoholic. She has all the trademark symptoms. She doesn't need counseling on her drinking. She has to stop. Once you are a pickle, you can't go back to being a cucumber. Attention Viku - the closest meeting to you is in RSM. they have some nice ladies meetings. Get hoppin', El Drunko!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

If I had to look at myself in the mirror everyday and see that face, I'd drink all day too!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2777648;
    If I had to look at myself in the mirror everyday and see that face, I'd drink all day too!
    Don't forget buglover, Vicki has to hear herself too!
    Ribbitt

Quote Originally Posted by ms scarlett;2777608;
    That empire won't keep her warm at night or fill the empty places, and the alcohol will only isolate her more
    sooo true! Building the empire is exciting right now, and her marriage isn't. But the empire won't stay exciting. I feel sorry for Don.

Vicki's world is:

Vicki
    Work
    Kids
    Friends
    Donn

I don't think that the kids even interact with Donn...which helps push him down on the importance meter.

I knew someone just like Vicki before. She was bloated with her own self-worth with people always asking her, "How do you do it...you have it all". She would always say how she manages. However, one time, I was standing by her husband when someone asked that ridiculous question, and when she gave her canned answer, the husband mumbled, "she doesn't". Something or SOMEONE always suffers with a person that can't slow down.

After Liar Lauri, Vicki is on my most despised list. This woman will never be satisfied. She wants "MORE" in every aspect of her life. Everything can be better, grander, larger. That is a SAD existence.

I wonder who makes more money, Donn or Vickie
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2776515;
    Yes, that and she had to get on national tv again and defend herself for the Bravo editing of her drunkeness. It must have been really hard for her to see herself recite back that there were times when she was drinking (that I'm sure producers asked her to talk about) that she couldn't even remember! How humiliating is that? She wasn't aware of it then, didn't remember it when asked, and then SAW it with her friends, her family and her insurance group all watching with her. I can't imagine. No wonder she was on the verge that night....

You really hit on something iteresting! I didn't consider how her professional peers might react watching this show. This just can't be good for her professional image. I know the editing does emphasize the negative and sensational of every situation, so you have to keep that in mind. But there is an element of bad behavior that just stands out. Screaming that she wants a slippery nipple cocktail after lecturing her son not to drink in front of her peers is one example. I do think there is kind loving person inside of Vickie. I really believe that. However, her behavior is offensive and sometimes bizarre. I think she suffers from some feelings of inadequacy that make her act manic and over bearing. She is out to prove she is the biggest, the best, the best mom, the best businesswoman, the best groomed, etc. It is way too much.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

I stated several pages upthread that Vicky seemed to be a blackout drunk. She did seem unaware of what she was doing after one or two drinks.

The only cure for her is to stop drinking. She is headed down a slippery slope, IMO.
    East of Reality

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2777825;
    I stated several pages upthread that Vicky seemed to be a blackout drunk. She did seem unaware of what she was doing after one or two drinks.

The only cure for her is to stop drinking. She is headed down a slippery slope, IMO.
    I agree and wish Vicki would look up one of those women's meetings in RSM that Jesper mentioned. She'd be taking the first step to a better life. Jesper is right that "Once you are a pickle, you can't go back to being a cucumber"