Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Re: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

I also felt bad for Vicki last night. Jenna was the ring leader. I felt that Jenna should have been there for her last night instead of making remarks about her.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;2775989;
    I felt a little bad for Vicki at the reunion. Seems like the other women were kind of picking on her. The woman is obviously disturbed. She has confirmed that she is definitely not acting for the camera.
    She reminds me of my sister before she was diagnosed with being severally depressed. My sis had what most would consider a great career making very good money in the medical field, loving, supportive husband, jewelry, beautiful clothes, nice cars and beautiful home in the "right" neighborhood. Although she had all of these things, it wasn't enough and she was forever making everyone in her life miserable because she was miserable. Her controlling nature and wanting to be perfect along with the depression just added fuel to the fire until she had a meltdown.

I like Vicki (most of the time). She is loud but she is okay in my book. I don't hold it against her that she wants it all, career, family, beautiful life but I really wish she would get some therapy or some meds (like my sister finally did) and make her life a little easier to handle. Seeing her on the verge of tears for a big part of the show was hard to witness imho. I feel she loves Donn but because she is human and spinning out of control, she is defensive and snappy. Vicki is used to having things under control and right now it is obvious she is not in control. It was kinda sad to me and I saw a different side of Vicki last night.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plumlover;2776501;
    She reminds me of my sister before she was diagnosed with being severally depressed. My sis had what most would consider a great career making very good money in the medical field, loving, supportive husband, jewelry, beautiful clothes, nice cars and beautiful home in the "right" neighborhood. Although she had all of these things, it wasn't enough and she was forever making everyone in her life miserable because she was miserable. Her controlling nature and wanting to be perfect along with the depression just added fuel to the fire until she had a meltdown.

I like Vicki (most of the time). She is loud but she is okay in my book. I don't hold it against her that she wants it all, career, family, beautiful life but I really wish she would get some therapy or some meds (like my sister finally did) and make her life a little easier to handle. Seeing her on the verge of tears for a big part of the show was hard to witness imho. I feel she loves Donn but because she is human and spinning out of control, she is defensive and snappy. Vicki is used to having things under control and right now it is obvious she is not in control. It was kinda sad to me and I saw a different side of Vicki last night.
    Right. She seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown. Jeana's picking at her, giggling with Tamra and facial expressions didn't help, I'm sure.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Newbie

I agree Lakergirl1 but sometimes Tamra is in her own little world and Jeana appeared a tad nervous to me. Maybe the divorce with a**hole Matt is not going to be pretty and she is covering too by buddying up with Tamra. Tamra reminds me of the 'bad' kid in class that you don't want to laugh at but they are kind of infectious so you join in and then regret it later because you made yourself look like a jerk.

Maybe Jeana's friendship with Vicki (they have said they are close) will become stronger and Jeana can convince Vicki to get help and vice versa. Heck Jeana as strong as she is, still makes excuses for Matt's alcoholic behavior. As the former wife of an alcoholic, it happens so easily after you have lived it a while and the self esteem comes down quickly too. I only had 10 years of it but Jeana has had 20. Let's hope she will get her act together and survive this divorce with style.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Yes, that and she had to get on national tv again and defend herself for the Bravo editing of her drunkeness. It must have been really hard for her to see herself recite back that there were times when she was drinking (that I'm sure producers asked her to talk about) that she couldn't even remember! How humiliating is that? She wasn't aware of it then, didn't remember it when asked, and then SAW it with her friends, her family and her insurance group all watching with her. I can't imagine. No wonder she was on the verge that night....

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2776515;
    Yes, that and she had to get on national tv again and defend herself for the Bravo editing of her drunkeness. It must have been really hard for her to see herself recite back that there were times when she was drinking (that I'm sure producers asked her to talk about) that she couldn't even remember! How humiliating is that? She wasn't aware of it then, didn't remember it when asked, and then SAW it with her friends, her family and her insurance group all watching with her. I can't imagine. No wonder she was on the verge that night....
    I can see your point. She seemed to cringe at all the woo hoos huh? Her blog says that will go away and even when she mentioned it on the show, I thought Andy was pushing her a bit on the "ah, I like that" (paraphrasing here) and keep it up. It makes her look stupid and let's face it, stupid gets ratings on the show - case in point, Tamra and her dancing, Jeana and the comment about noone looking at the garage when she shows a house, Lauri and her comment about Sophie not being a disappointment, Quin and all that release the best stuff...the list goes on and on. I think if the show comes back Vicki will be more subdued. Maybe she is really at a crossroad in her life and is self evaluating her actions etc...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hopefully, Vicki will do a lot of soul searching, and take stock of what she has seen on the show and the final autopsy of this season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vicki drove me crazy this season but maybe she really isn't as bad as they presented her. She seems to have done the best in the child rearing department. She managed to snag the nicest and most down to earth of the men in the series. She runs a very successful business and I think that she may have a few more smarts than the others. She makes a point of taking vacations with her family and even including their friends. Kara said that her family never went on trips together and actually liked it when Vickie did things with her mom. Vicki and the others can't be too upset with the way that they are portrayed because they keep signing up to do the show.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2776568;
    Hopefully, Vicki will do a lot of soul searching, and take stock of what she has seen on the show and the final autopsy of this season.
    Hopefully she'll also look at what she is willing to throw away in order to "build her empire"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2776935;
    Hopefully she'll also look at what she is willing to throw away in order to "build her empire"
    I would hope so too. There was a glimmer of hope when she said she admitted the yelling was wrong but then she qualified it and said those scenes were out of context and that everyone was doing it. I don't know, sounds like more denial to me. That will get her nowhere.