Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Re: Vicki Gunvalson - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by limom;2654892;
    Vicky needs a hobby besides selling insurance and keeping tracks on her kids.
    Last year, she was all lovey with Donn. She needs to give him some loving before they grow appart too much.
    Maybe, we'll have a triple divorce?
    Jeanna
    Vicky and
    Tamra.
    They can call it, "The Real Divorced Wives of Orange County". Watch what happens as they go from poor to rich to poor again and somehow manage to find true, everlasting love with wealthy men. You'll be hanging by the rafters on this one!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2655069;
    The following is a quote from the Bravo blog that Vicki (in her own words) wrote/said: "And I was also inspired to buy the new car for Brianna because the car she was previously driving was a Tahoe and had over $100K of miles on it and used over $150/week in gas. The new car is affordable for her (less than $300/week) and is great on gas mileage."

Question: Insurance is a monetary thing right? So why does this statement not add up??
    I'm a little confused by the (less than $300/week). What does she mean by that? The car payment? I thought it was $275/month. Gas? Well I sure hope it's less than $300/week

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2655347;
    I'm a little confused by the (less than $300/week). What does she mean by that? The car payment? I thought it was $275/month. Gas? Well I sure hope it's less than $300/week
    Fom the horse's mouth:
    ":The new car is affordable for her (less than $300/week) and is great on gas mileage."
    Vicky get real!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I'm not a seasoned RHOC viewer, but out of the few episodes I caught last season as well as last night's, I think Vicki is my least favorite housewife. She's manipulative, controlling, and needs to back off before her daughter moves even further away from her than her son.

And what was up with the whole car incident? "Oh Princess!!! *squeal* Lookie what Mommy bought for you! It's your very own, brand new car. See how expensive it is? Mommy knew her precious little girl would love it, and Mommy only wants something to hold over your head what's best for her little darling. Mommy needs to control loves you, and that's why she bought you this shiny new car. It's ALL YOURS -- . . . and YOU'LL be making the payments! *squeals in delight*".

Huh?

Yeah . . . she bugs the crap out of me. She has issues. I can still hear her hysterical voice as she wigged out on that van guy.

Jewelsy, you left out HONKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! What parent does that?
    Ribbitt

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2656166;
    I'm not a seasoned RHOC viewer, but out of the few episodes I caught last season as well as last night's, I think Vicki is my least favorite housewife. She's manipulative, controlling, and needs to back off before her daughter moves even further away from her than her son.

And what was up with the whole car incident? "Oh Princess!!! *squeal* Lookie what Mommy bought for you! It's your very own, brand new car. See how expensive it is? Mommy knew her precious little girl would love it, and Mommy only wants something to hold over your head what's best for her little darling. Mommy needs to control loves you, and that's why she bought you this shiny new car. It's ALL YOURS -- . . . and YOU'LL be making the payments! *squeals in delight*".

Huh?

Yeah . . . she bugs the crap out of me. She has issues. I can still hear her hysterical voice as she wigged out on that van guy.

I completely agree with your thoughts on Vicki. She has always seemed to me to be far more obsessed with what other people's impression of her is than most of the OC housewives (and they've all got a heightened awareness of how they're perceived). She also seems like she views other people, espeically her children, as a means to an end for her image rather than inviduals who have value on their own. She doesn't want her daughter to get good grades because it will lead to a good career and success for her daughter. She wants her daughter to get good grades so that Vicki can tell people how smart her daughter is and they'll be impressed with VICKI - not Brianna.

Vicki is so obsessed with herself that she seems to be totally oblivious to the fact that the people she encounters have their very own thoughts, desires, and emotions.

FORT Fanatic

"I completely agree with your thoughts on Vicki. She has always seemed to me to be far more obsessed with what other people's impression of her is than most of the OC housewives (and they've all got a heightened awareness of how they're perceived). She also seems like she views other people, espeically her children, as a means to an end for her image rather than inviduals who have value on their own. "
    I agree. When the whole car scene was playing, I kept on thinking about last year's Benz gift scene.
    Vicky might have thought her daughter will be as enthusiastic about hands out as Lauri.
    The only differences:
    Brianna is expected to pay the $275/ weekly lease and Lauri is paying back in BJ.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 11-08-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2656190;
    I completely agree with your thoughts on Vicki.

Vicki is so obsessed with herself that she seems to be totally oblivious to the fact that the people she encounters have their very own thoughts, desires, and emotions.
    Wha?????? Are you sure???? I was pretty convinced that the world revolves around Vicki - especially since the astrologer told her about her "perfect triangle" and all.

hmmmm, now I have to re-think it all...

Vicki is proof that money can't buy everything because this women has some serious self-esteem issues. She needs constant affirmation and that is why she tries to control everyone. She in the end will push everyone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2657108;
    Vicki is proof that money can't buy everything because this women has some serious self-esteem issues. She needs constant affirmation and that is why she tries to control everyone. She in the end will push everyone away.
    The sad part is that the further people drift from her - the harder she tries to control them. It is just a vicious cycle. I do feel badly for her - she clearly is dying to be accepted and loved, she just doesn't know how to go about it without driving everyone away.