Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2751175;
    Of what? I have a college education, had a career and left it to stay home with my children by my own choice. My husband makes a great living, with a much more lucrative and prestigious career than a car salesman! We live in a beautiful waterfront home, and I'm younger than Tamra - no need for botox for me yet. What is there to be jealous of? I have everything she has and more. Plus I'm not whoring myself and my family out on national tv making an ass of myself like she is.

For what it's worth, I do agree that she probably has a good life and is doing what works for her. I was simply stating that she made an ass of herself and comes across as very naive and unprofessional.
    I agree with what you are saying. She is not professional, totally classless and proves that money can't buy you everything, especially good adult children and proper behavior.
    I am so confused because when people are being critical, this is immediately is taken as jealousy or envy. Being critical is only looking at their lives with a different eye, an different opinion. These ladies have put themselves out to the world and then they and their supporters don't want to hear anything that disagrees with their choices and their lives.
    Good for all of them, but don't let them say that they are the end all of all end all. Respect how the world sees them and move on and have some fun.

What no one sees is that there are some really good perks to being on these shows and putting yourself out there, if that's what you choose. The participants are not paying for a great deal of the things that the audience is seeing as part of their everyday lifestyle, because they are at the mercy of the show and the people who agree to "give" their services. I guess I'm sad that so many people are being fooled.
    Last edited by New Mommy; 01-13-2008 at 12:46 AM.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

Yes, especially when one goes on tv and declares they are the hottest, the smartest, the best at their profession, etc. Not only are they putting themselves out there, but by being so smug and egotistical they are practically begging us to snark them!

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2751467;
    Yes, especially when one goes on tv and declares they are the hottest, the smartest, the best at their profession, etc. Not only are they putting themselves out there, but by being so smug and egotistical they are practically begging us to snark them!
    These comments which she made from the start are so silly and childish which leads to the negativity. These people don't see nor understand that real celebs have professional people who deal with the comments and the snark. All the stuff they hear just rolls off their backs.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

As wealthy and beautiful and wordly as some of these people claim to be, the majority are really living in their own little cocoon where the be all and end all is trying your hardest to live up to a standard that was set 20 years ago. The Baywatch blonde, fake boobs look is long gone and they're still trying to achieve that. Aside from Vicki's Mexican screaming excursions......have any of them seen life outside of OC? I mean real life.....not what Bravo pays for. There are people all over this country who have what they have and much more. The notion that they get in their minds that anyone who criticizes them is jealous stems from an ignorance of not knowing what goes on outside of their little world. It's a world that they probably should not step out of if it hurts that much.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1130;2751647;
    As wealthy and beautiful and wordly as some of these people claim to be, the majority are really living in their own little cocoon where the be all and end all is trying your hardest to live up to a standard that was set 20 years ago. The Baywatch blonde, fake boobs look is long gone and they're still trying to achieve that. Aside from Vicki's Mexican screaming excursions......have any of them seen life outside of OC? I mean real life.....not what Bravo pays for. There are people all over this country who have what they have and much more. The notion that they get in their minds that anyone who criticizes them is jealous stems from an ignorance of not knowing what goes on outside of their little world. It's a world that they probably should not step out of if it hurts that much.
    The biggest disappointment will be Kara, I'm afraid. After watching her this season, especially the failed acting attempt, I don't think she'll make it at Berkeley. Too much "differentness".
    East of Reality

FORT Regular

I have hope for Kara. I think that she's seen the detriment of trying to live in a plasticized world that struggles to hang onto her family's past status as an athletic legacy. She's a bright girl and was right to call Colton out for dissing Vicki......"If it wasn't for her, we would have gone nowhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1130;2751691;
    I have hope for Kara. I think that she's seen the detriment of trying to live in a plasticized world that struggles to hang onto her family's past status as an athletic legacy. She's a bright girl and was right to call Colton out for dissing Vicki......"If it wasn't for her, we would have gone nowhere"

Kara went up in my book with that comment too

Re: RHOOC 1/8 Recap: Some OC Ladies Need to Learn About Indoor Voices

Quote Originally Posted by jkeane;2751743;
    Thanks for the recap..but I have a question..
    Does anyone else see that Tamra gets really stressed before Simon comes hoome and the dishes arent done, the counter is not wiped down, the floor is not mopped? Am I the only one that see's the stress?? JKeane
    I saw that in one of the first episodes she appears. Seems that Simon is a bit of a perfectionist just from the way she prepares the house. I seem him very picky and wanting everything in it's place.

That comment says a great deal about the Keogh family.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2751118;
    I saw her somewhere as Tamara. Potato, po-ta-to. Same thing.
    Exactly! Kinda like Lauri proclaiming to be 40 instead of 47 -- same thing, right?