Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Maybe they would find something for him in the club, since his dad, uncle and grandfather have been so involved??

FORT Regular

I think you're on to something. He could probably get hired as a water boy!

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by withinterest;2745446;
    Yawn. I don't know about you but I am now pretty board with this topic. We can all find exceptions.

Can we agree that your value as a person is not any more, or any less, based upon how much you do or don't earn, how much wealth you or your family have or don't have, how much education you have or have not attained? And finally, can we agree that a woman's worth is not measured by her cup size.

If we can agree then Sean/Ryan/Simon can get back to talking about Tamra's silicon breasts.

Carry on!
    Im not that stuiped! I know Tamara is full of her self. Women like her never give guys like me the time of day.
    Big Brother

FORT Regular

I think that Vicky values education as both of her children are enrolled full time.

I think Jeana's boys have two generations of baseball players and that is their family "legacy". Kara is at UC Berkeley.

We don't really know much about Quinn or her children's educational background.

Laurie, Tamra, and Tammy. I think that Tamra and Tammy both got married young, started families and just skipped further education. Often if the parents are not pushing it, the kids will pass. I didn't see the late Lou, Tamra or Tammy emphasizing it.

Brings us to Laurie. Laurie implies that she went to college on an athletic scholarship. However, all we have seen of her is being a gold digger. We have seen no evidence of a meaningful career over the years and three marriages. We have seen no emphasis on it with Ashley and Josh. Frankly, she is the most self absorbed woman on the show.

I really don't think Laurie cares for anything but herself. Even when she talks about Sophie it is in the context of her being a "Mini Me" to Laurie.

FORT Regular

I agree that Vicky values education for her children. At least her daughter has the will to succeed. Her son, I think he will have a rough go but will eventually get there. She probably went about "encouraging" him the wrong way and he's rebelling somewhat. And by "encouraging," I mean "demanding."

However, I think he's realizing that going to school = a ticket to live far from his control freak crazy mother. I get the impression he will do just enough to get by in school so that he can stay there and out of her house. He seems like he's a people person, knows he isn't cut out for manual labor, and wants it bad enough to have a decent career. I don't think he's going to be a brain surgeon or anything, but I could see him do well in sales or insurance.

I think Jeana has done well with Kara, who seems intelligent, charming, and has a good head on her shoulder. With her sons, I understand the "legacy" thing but it's still such a longshot to make it in the big leagues. They should have been encouraged to have other interests/goals in life since the chances of really making it in the big leagues are pretty slim. I don't care if dad and grandpa played, if you aren't good enough you don't make the cut. No one is going to pay you millions as a favor to your dad.

In regards to Ryan's upcoming "whopping" $70 bar bill, any guesses on what kind of drinks? (keep it CLEAN! lol)

fuzzy navel
    Bahama Todd
    Beach Bum
    Captain's Cream Soda
    Electric Smurf (he's short!)
    Rob Roy
    Stupid Juice (My favorite for him - Gatorade and Vodka)

FORT Regular

No Manjuice?

Quote Originally Posted by NotFromTheOC;2746117;
    No Manjuice?
    How could I forget THAT! Doh! I bet that is what it was!

FORT Fogey

I know MANY of you will disagree BUT the So Cal public school systems do not promote college. So if the parents do not do the foot work then it isn't going to happen.
    When Ryan was at the age of needing to apply to colleges and such, Tamra was busy having babies and changing diapers. We don't know how Ryan's birth father fits into the college program. He very well could have pushed it and mommy dearest said "poor little RyRy you don't have to do what you don't want to do".

FORT Regular

My daughter graduated from a public school in North Orange County that had a very good guidance program. They sent out notices to make appointments for college planning once a year from 9th grade forward.

It was up to the parents to make that appointment. In that appointment, they laid out ALL the requirements for UC system and Cal State system and had a printout of what your child had finished and what was left. They would discuss whatever private schools you wanted to discuss.

She is only 24 so it was not that long ago.

In the end, it was up to the parents and student but I cannot say that the help was not available to us.

That said, I agree with your point that Tamra was probably not making appointments with Ryan's guidance counselors.